What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 EF2 Sat - Panthers 27-12 Warriors @ ANZ

Finals Week 1: Panthers v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFrog

Coach
I just think Cleary, Kikau, Maloney and Waqa Blake, are well matched by SJ Green Harris Hiku and Fusitua in attack.
Hiku is a very strong attacking centre, but he was targeted at Penrith in defence by Blake and Kikau with spectacular success. This is a problem that will need to be overcome. If Johnson is on we're in for a tough afternoon.

Penrith are very wobbly at the moment.
We've been wobbly for ages, but a corner was turned last weekend and we were still good enough to finish above the Broncos. It was the side's best performance in many weeks all things considered.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
No one can possibly pick what will happen here. Not just the result but the way the game will be played.

The other 3 fixtures you get a sense about how it will be played (roosters/sharks low scoring defensive slog as an example) but this could be 40-0 to either team or anything in between.

pantherz9103

First Grade
We've normally done well against the Warriors in recent years, except for that last game in NZ. We need to take the greater aggression we showed last week and hopefully lower the penalty count and we'll be a chance.

mxlegend99

Referee
No one can possibly pick what will happen here. Not just the result but the way the game will be played.

The other 3 fixtures you get a sense about how it will be played (roosters/sharks low scoring defensive slog as an example) but this could be 40-0 to either team or anything in between.
Either team could lead by 20 at halftime and you still wouldn't be comfortable that they would hold on to win.

I think Warriors will run out to a big lead snd Panthers will run out of time trying to chase it down. Its the way our last 2 seasons ended in the finals.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I like the Panthers but they just haven't played a good game in a while now, where as the Kiwis have.

Maloney is the key here though, he is a big game player and knows how to win, or he could have a shocker and fall off easy tackles and cost you the game. I'd be looking to move him on next year if I it's the latter. Or he needs to address this issue in the off season because he is by far the worst defender in the NRL.

GongPanther

Referee
I'm going to the game on my birthday with a Warriors supporting mate and i tipped the Warriors.

Congrats Panthers,
How much is a walk up ticket to the Panthers V Warriors match?

And happy birthday for Saturday. Sucks when you birthday lands on a Monday as mine did this year. :)

GongPanther

Referee
I like the Panthers but they just haven't played a good game in a while now, where as the Kiwis have.

Maloney is the key here though, he is a big game player and knows how to win, or he could have a shocker and fall off easy tackles and cost you the game. I'd be looking to move him on next year if I it's the latter. Or he needs to address this issue in the off season because he is by far the worst defender in the NRL.
Certainly can't ignore form,and it is what it is as Penrith seem to find themselves behind the 8-ball from the beginning of every match. Panthers panic and give away penalties at all costs as a way of disrupting the other side's rhythm in attack.

Maybe Cameron Ciraldo has been working on a new direction in footballing philosophy to counter what he has taken over from Griffin,and it will take this long for it for the players to come on board.

But whatever happens,I'd rather be where we are ATM than bunging on a Mad Monday.

2 weeks

Coach
Let's gone Panthers.

letsgonewarriors1.jpg

Dave_

Juniors
I reckon the Wazzas will turn on the Jungleball and blow them away. The Riff are a rabble

Latest posts