What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Overrated Bands

ruthless dragon

Juniors
U2 just came on the radio. I cringed and changed the station before I realised what I was doing.

Bono was interviewed talking about what a great guitarist The Edge is, and how he revolutionised guitar.

What a load of bollocks. As far as I'm concerned U2 is just another overhyped pop band. But for some reason people fawn over them. I just don't get it, and I don't imagine I ever will.

Any other suggestions for overrated bands?

Well you have said one thing that is true...you will never get it, what a philistine.
U2 one of the Great live rock bands do yourself a favor and get educated.

1 Mysterious Ways live Zoo TV Sydney
2. End of the World live Zoo TV Sydney
3. Out of Control Slade Castle Dublin
Then come back to me

SBD82

Coach
Well you have said one thing that is true...you will never get it, what a philistine.

Then come back to me
I disagree with you about something that is inherently subjective. Therefore you are a philistine.

ruthless dragon

Juniors
I agree with you that U2 are over rated. I have been saying it for a very long time too. A few of my mates were big U2 fans in the 80's and 90's. I even tried to get into them, but never did.

Personally the best rock music came out between 65 to the early 80's at the latest. It peaked between 67 to 71. Other over rated bands would be

Guns and Roses
Nirvana
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Doors/Jim Morrison
Wham
Culture Club
Metallica
Oasis

My top rated bands would be

Led Zeppelin
AC/DC with Bon Scott
Beatles
Jimi Hendrix Experience/Band Of Gypsies
Moody Blues
Crosby Stills Nash and Young
Pink Floyd
Rolling Stones
Fleetwood Mac
Eagles
Police
Dire Straits
I agree with you that U2 are over rated. I have been saying it for a very long time too. A few of my mates were big U2 fans in the 80's and 90's. I even tried to get into them, but never did.

Personally the best rock music came out between 65 to the early 80's at the latest. It peaked between 67 to 71. Other over rated bands would be

Guns and Roses
Nirvana
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Doors/Jim Morrison
Wham
Culture Club
Metallica
Oasis

My top rated bands would be

Led Zeppelin
AC/DC with Bon Scott
Beatles
Jimi Hendrix Experience/Band Of Gypsies
Moody Blues
Crosby Stills Nash and Young
Pink Floyd
Rolling Stones
Fleetwood Mac
Eagles
Police
Dire Straits

Good choice of bands there facer I am guessing you haven't seen U2 live your loss and I had the privilege of seeing the mighty Zeppelin.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Good choice of bands there facer I am guessing you haven't seen U2 live your loss and I had the privilege of seeing the mighty Zeppelin.
I didn't had the privilege of seeing Zeppelin Live, but I did see Page and Plant and co in 1996 at the Entertainment Centre. It may have been called the No Quarter tour. It was probably the best concert I saw.

No I haven't seen U2 live.

since77

Juniors

Then come back to me

I was at that Zoo TV Sydney show in the 90's. Never seen a better opening to a concert to this day. All those screens flickering to life one by one followed by Zoo Station and The Fly....

Bench
I didn't had the privilege of seeing Zeppelin Live, but I did see Page and Plant and co in 1996 at the Entertainment Centre. It may have been called the No Quarter tour. It was probably the best concert I saw.

No I haven't seen U2 live.
There is a great DVD of Page and Plant unplugged I think it is no quarter. There is a version of Kashmir which is totally awsome

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Is that because everyone was sick of listening to the Eagles?

Not l.
As we all agree, we all have different taste.
I can never get sick of their sound.
The Eagles jamming.................

eagles-51ecb69a5f1e0.jpg

Latest posts