What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cancel everything and get to ANZ Stadium

Western Stand

Juniors
For only the second time in our 52 year history, Penrith has qualified for the finals in three consecutive years. This shows how lean the pickings have been over time. In time, I believe that finals appearances will become the norm for us. However, these achievements have been rare and this is the time of the year where our team needs us the most.

If you were sitting @ the SFS for the past two seasons and even going back to 2014, you will probably still feel the enormous sense of pride and togetherness between the supporters and players. We may not have the largest supporter base but we do have a loyal one. The feeling of belonging when we heard the beginning of Hell's Bells as the team ran out for the warm up. The team song being shouted proudly after Sowie kicked the field goal from 30m out. These emotions will never leave me or my family. The Penrith Panthers players bring us all closer together on nights like these.

Our season has been dogged by a huge injury toll and more recently, by coaching upheaval. Yet, our team still finished two points from the minor premiership. No other team has had to deal with the adversity in 2018 like ours. Yet, our team will be fighting for survival and the chance to move a step closer to the greatest prize in sport for any Penrith supporter.

We need to win 4 more games this year to be crowned the champions. I am very confident that if the team that beat the Dragons turns up, nobody will be able to stop us.

This is where you and I become important. Firstly, we just need to turn up, every single one of us where possible. Cancel the work trip, pull out of the bridal party. Secondly, there needs to be a noise like we've never produced before. The voice box needs to be broken and every bit of energy expended from the body. We all need to feel like we've just played the game. I am certain that our team will feed off our emotion and support.

If you were lucky enough to be at the 1991 and 2003 grand finals, you will know what I am describing when the pure elation and emotion of being crowned as the best rugby league team in the world is euphoric beyond words. Behind the kids being born, there isn't a better feeling for someone that invests emotionally and financially in their team.

This week against the Warriors is the first step to that euphoric feeling once more. Trust me for those of you who are yet to experience it, I promise you it will never leave your body. You will play it back in your mind forever.

Our job is to provide the atmosphere so the players don't think twice about making the second and third effort. Our job is to provide the encouragement so the players run harder and faster than they ever have. Their job is to provide us with life long memories and a feeling of pride that will never leave us.

Please get to ANZ Stadium on Saturday.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
For only the second time in our 52 year history, Penrith has qualified for the finals in three consecutive years. This shows how lean the pickings have been over time. In time, I believe that finals appearances will become the norm for us. However, these achievements have been rare and this is the time of the year where our team needs us the most.

If you were sitting @ the SFS for the past two seasons and even going back to 2014, you will probably still feel the enormous sense of pride and togetherness between the supporters and players. We may not have the largest supporter base but we do have a loyal one. The feeling of belonging when we heard the beginning of Hell's Bells as the team ran out for the warm up. The team song being shouted proudly after Sowie kicked the field goal from 30m out. These emotions will never leave me or my family. The Penrith Panthers players bring us all closer together on nights like these.

Our season has been dogged by a huge injury toll and more recently, by coaching upheaval. Yet, our team still finished two points from the minor premiership. No other team has had to deal with the adversity in 2018 like ours. Yet, our team will be fighting for survival and the chance to move a step closer to the greatest prize in sport for any Penrith supporter.

We need to win 4 more games this year to be crowned the champions. I am very confident that if the team that beat the Dragons turns up, nobody will be able to stop us.

This is where you and I become important. Firstly, we just need to turn up, every single one of us where possible. Cancel the work trip, pull out of the bridal party. Secondly, there needs to be a noise like we've never produced before. The voice box needs to be broken and every bit of energy expended from the body. We all need to feel like we've just played the game. I am certain that our team will feed off our emotion and support.

If you were lucky enough to be at the 1991 and 2003 grand finals, you will know what I am describing when the pure elation and emotion of being crowned as the best rugby league team in the world is euphoric beyond words. Behind the kids being born, there isn't a better feeling for someone that invests emotionally and financially in their team.

This week against the Warriors is the first step to that euphoric feeling once more. Trust me for those of you who are yet to experience it, I promise you it will never leave your body. You will play it back in your mind forever.

Our job is to provide the atmosphere so the players don't think twice about making the second and third effort. Our job is to provide the encouragement so the players run harder and faster than they ever have. There job is to provide us with life long memories and a feeling of pride that will never leave us.

Please get to ANZ Stadium on Saturday.

Me and the misses are going. Good write up

OldPanther

Coach
Its a shithole and an awful place to watch footy but I'll be there

I reckon we're all doing the same thing.

Panthers finals game:

giphy.gif

When we realise it's at ANZ:

giphy.gif

Buzz also tried to say we wanted the double header at Allianz when Gus said no to that as Panthers wanted proper dressing rooms and to be able to get into the stadium.

T-Boon

Coach
Is Phil Gould going to write an article about how ANZ sux and Penrith fans shouldn't attend?

Western Stand

Juniors
Put the negative thoughts out of your mind otherwise you will start thinking twice about going. If they played the game at Lidcombe Oval, we would all still need to be there.

ANZ Stadium isn't great but it is the venue for what could be our greatest triumph since 2003. The team need us there this week to make anything else possible.

Be organised to deal with the traffic and train delays. Deal with the $25 parking (get in early and buy a pre-paid ticket to P1). Put up with the expensive food and drink. There are eight other sets of supporters that would love to be in our position.

We all have to be @ ANZ Stadium on Saturday. Obviously we have to win but the way in which it is done, both on the field and in the grandstand can have a huge influence on the momentum we carry to what is hopefully a special day on the 30th September.

MrBlack

Juniors
Just been asked by a major sponsor if we wanted 2 tickets in a catered corporate suite.

Didn't need to be asked twice.

Have a really god feeling about this one. I think the nature of the loss a few weeks back to them can play to our advantage. Shock and Awe should be the game plan. Hit hard and early

Fire up people - this is what we played all year for

Western Stand

Juniors
We've been waiting for the finals to start for two months now and just going through the motions. I think you will see the team play like they played against the Dragons.

We can win this thing. Be there!

franklin2323

Immortal
We've been waiting for the finals to start for two months now and just going through the motions. I think you will see the team play like they played against the Dragons.

We can win this thing. Be there!

It sucks cause how close it was. We lost 4 games we should of won 2 of those wins and we are 1st. I guess everyone is in the same boat

The big in is Blake and Maloney. We haven't had Blake to end a season with yet and he is our back leader. We had May and Bryce at 5/8th the last 2 years. So a proper 5/8th we are far better off then probably even more than 2014

franklin2323

Immortal
Put the negative thoughts out of your mind otherwise you will start thinking twice about going. If they played the game at Lidcombe Oval, we would all still need to be there.

ANZ Stadium isn't great but it is the venue for what could be our greatest triumph since 2003. The team need us there this week to make anything else possible.

Be organised to deal with the traffic and train delays. Deal with the $25 parking (get in early and buy a pre-paid ticket to P1). Put up with the expensive food and drink. There are eight other sets of supporters that would love to be in our position.

We all have to be @ ANZ Stadium on Saturday. Obviously we have to win but the way in which it is done, both on the field and in the grandstand can have a huge influence on the momentum we carry to what is hopefully a special day on the 30th September.

Lidcombe Oval would rock atmosphere wise atleast. I hate ANZ for the funeral like atmosphere

franklin2323

Immortal
I reckon we're all doing the same thing.

Panthers finals game:

giphy.gif

When we realise it's at ANZ:

giphy.gif

Buzz also tried to say we wanted the double header at Allianz when Gus said no to that as Panthers wanted proper dressing rooms and to be able to get into the stadium.

Could of been a double header at ANZ but can't have the Roosters not get their way

mxlegend99

Referee
It sucks cause how close it was. We lost 4 games we should of won 2 of those wins and we are 1st. I guess everyone is in the same boat

The big in is Blake and Maloney. We haven't had Blake to end a season with yet and he is our back leader. We had May and Bryce at 5/8th the last 2 years. So a proper 5/8th we are far better off then probably even more than 2014
No way.

Moylan, Soward and Segeyaro in terrific form. The spine back then was great even while carrying Will Smith. Who was in line after Wallace, John, Cartwright and Peachey.

franklin2323

Immortal

No way.

Moylan, Soward and Segeyaro in terrific form. The spine back then was great even while carrying Will Smith. Who was in line after Wallace, John, Cartwright and Peachey.

look at the forwards

McKendry
Seg
Kite
Manu
Robinson
Docker

Plum
Latimore
Murdoch-Masila
Brown

I'd rate this years pack over that pack

mxlegend99

Referee
look at the forwards

McKendry
Seg
Kite
Manu
Robinson
Docker

Plum
Latimore
Murdoch-Masila
Brown

I'd rate this years pack over that pack
Yeah the pack was depleted back then having lost Peachey, Carty and Taylor for sure.

But our spine was terrific and reliable. Pack was doing its job consistently unlike this years pack that has a higher ceiling but is extremely inconsistent.

FireFalcons1

Juniors
Well said.

Was there for the 14,16 and 17 finals at Allianz and the atmosphere was incredible from the Penrith faithful.

Can't wait to experience that again this Saturday.