What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT #justburnit

webShark

Good to see a massively overpaid NFL player brought so many issues to our attention with the help of NIKE. Now would be a good time for him to donate millions to kids being used for child labour.
I am sick of sport being used as a platform for social issues. Recently a gymnast wore clothing supporting a cause. Where will it end? The entire competition having 40 different gymnasts supporting different causes.

Let's ban national anthems. Especially Advance Australia Fair with our record.

All Trump's fault. Did I miss something? Here I was thinking he was voted in by all eligible voters in the USA.
Telling people how they should think will probably get him more votes.

I generally accept that the causes being championed are deserving of support but sick of the moral left wing do gooders. Keep out of sport. If you want to have a go, actually have a crack at Nike.

taipan

Referee
Good to see a massively overpaid NFL player brought so many issues to our attention with the help of NIKE. Now would be a good time for him to donate millions to kids being used for child labour.
I am sick of sport being used as a platform for social issues. Recently a gymnast wore clothing supporting a cause. Where will it end? The entire competition having 40 different gymnasts supporting different causes.

Let's ban national anthems. Especially Advance Australia Fair with our record.

All Trump's fault. Did I miss something? Here I was thinking he was voted in by all eligible voters in the USA.
Telling people how they should think will probably get him more votes.

I generally accept that the causes being championed are deserving of support but sick of the moral left wing do gooders. Keep out of sport. If you want to have a go, actually have a crack at Nike.

Unfortunately we now live in a world of crazy PC.
Kids at pre schools will get to the stage boys play with dolls and girls with trucks.No distinction.
Can't say Chairman must be Chairperson.
Latest female academic(Dr) has complained about getting on an Emirates plan, and being called Miss by the hostie.She's gone off her tree,complaining she is a Doctor must be called a Doctor,as she studied for 8 years to be one.
Imagine someone suffering a heart attack on the plane.Is there a doctor on board?
Oh I'm a Doctor,but couldn't save myself in a sunshower.Or duck for cover.

As a young upstart of 20 working in a Bank many moons ago,I mentioned to a regular female customer how great(the exact word) she looked,on one occasion.Two days later ,she asks me out ,to an engagement party. Them's were the days.
Do that today and you could be hit with harassment.

You realise that Nike has done this as a marketing ploy to target a specific demographic. The middle-aged white guys who are burning their Nikes on YouTube are just a small fraction of their customer base. This'll buy them heaps of cred with the young, urban youth demographic who have big disposable incomes.

Aaaaand with outrage comes publicity.

shaggs

Coach
I not sure how to interpret this webby.
Are you on Kaeps side or on the shoe burners side?

The bloke actually stood for something and gives a lot to the community and those who need it, and then ends up unemployable because he didn’t toe the robotic company line.

Quicksilver

Bench
I’ve encountered plenty of old conservative doctors and even those with an army ranks that insisted on being referred to by their title.

Of course that was just considered being respectful and I was an upstart if I did any different.

shaggs

Coach
Unfortunately we now live in a world of crazy PC.
Kids at pre schools will get to the stage boys play with dolls and girls with trucks.No distinction.
Can't say Chairman must be Chairperson.
Latest female academic(Dr) has complained about getting on an Emirates plan, and being called Miss by the hostie.She's gone off her tree,complaining she is a Doctor must be called a Doctor,as she studied for 8 years to be one.
Imagine someone suffering a heart attack on the plane.Is there a doctor on board?
Oh I'm a Doctor,but couldn't save myself in a sunshower.Or duck for cover.

As a young upstart of 20 working in a Bank many moons ago,I mentioned to a regular female customer how great(the exact word) she looked,on one occasion.Two days later ,she asks me out ,to an engagement party. Them's were the days.
Do that today and you could be hit with harassment.
How is any of that the same as a guy standing up and saying how about the police don’t bash and brutalise black people unnecessarily.

Expressing his opinion within the context of his existence. Same as you just did Webshark.

Freedom of expression and all that left-wing PC nonsense.

taipan

Referee
How is any of that the same as a guy standing up and saying how about the police don’t bash and brutalise black people unnecessarily.

Never suggested it was.
Firstly I'm not a believer of having issues outside sport, played out on the football field.That includes the NFL/NRL.Sport is supposed to be all encompassing, regardless of race, religion or creed.That is where this protest started.
Get out on the streets and protest,write for newspapers,that's democracy.

And I'm aware of what goes on in the states,I'm a regular viewer of CNN.That country at times is just trigger happy, and their police on occasions have shown that to be the case.

I'm not making excuses for what goes on with the black population and police brutality.I'm appalled by that, and their bleeding gun laws.The right to bear arms.

I'm expressing a view about political correctness, where I live.And who knows where that can lead to?

Last edited:

ragzouken

Juniors
Hadn't known. Obviously a good bloke. Referring more to Kaepernick. Now he is whinging have no club. Maybe not good enuff. #justdoit. Surely if he was, with his views he would get a contract. Greedy? Could live off Nike contract for rest of his life.

While he isn’t the smartest bloke, they won’t sign him because of his “activism” kap shows a lot more then people like Kevin Hogan, josh brogen etc. owners don’t want the circus that come with it whether it’s colussion or not remains to be seen

I not sure how to interpret this webby.
Are you on Kaeps side or on the shoe burners side?

The bloke actually stood for something and gives a lot to the community and those who need it, and then ends up unemployable because he didn’t toe the robotic company line.
rubbish. The guy was unemployable because he was complete rubbish. Complete & utter.
He is now a real life meme.
The demo graphic being sucked in by this are not the shoe burners, but illiterate lower class.
This could back fire massively on NIKE. No matter how cool rebellion can be, when yoru dad says, you wont be wearing those, then , you wont be wearing those.

wibble

Bench
I love you outraged conservatives whinging about people being outraged.

It's all "people should accept things" and "people get what they deserve" right up until you can't accept that what you're getting is what you deserve.

And the term PC, invented by the right to limit dissenting voices, is the ultimate conservative hypocrisy.

Some person or group that never gets a voice, finally says something to challenge conservative thought, and they are piled on by powerful interest groups for being PC. Seems you only have the right to try to frame the conversation if you already spend the whole time shutting down other views.

People are so incensed NIKE would support someone for a symbolic protest they decide to symbolically burn NIKE products in protest.

See. Us lefties can rant with over simplified generalisations and cherry picked examples too!

rubbish. The guy was unemployable because he was complete rubbish. Complete & utter.
He is now a real life meme.
The demo graphic being sucked in by this are not the shoe burners, but illiterate lower class.
This could back fire massively on NIKE. No matter how cool rebellion can be, when yoru dad says, you wont be wearing those, then , you wont be wearing those.
I call shenanigans. With unsubstantiated claims like this, you should consider a career in NRL journalism with Fox :D

Latest posts