What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you take Phil Gould at your club [Poll]

Would you take Phil Gould at your club [Poll]

• Yes

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 72 73.5%

• Total voters

Canard

Immortal
"For life" is his go to phrase, he once said Luke Lewis as a "Blue for Life" then the guy proceeded to miss several series due to non-selection

Das Hassler

Bench
Have to laugh at this one just reported on the ABC coverage ( keeping in mind that at this stage Gus was still concerned about Hook's feelings)...after being sacked he was denied permission to talk to the players one last time or collect his possessions which were gathered up and forwarded to his manager...classy stuff if true. .....any dispute about this one take it up with the ABC grandstand team

OldPanther

Coach
Have to laugh at this one just reported on the ABC coverage ( keeping in mind that at this stage Gus was still concerned about Hook's feelings)...after being sacked he was denied permission to talk to the players one last time or collect his possessions which were gathered up and forwarded to his manager...classy stuff if true. .....any dispute about this one take it up with the ABC grandstand team

Wouldn't surprise me. Griffin said they fell out pretty bad. It was probably really petty by the end between them.

Pedge1971

First Grade

Tbf that is standard practice when you exit someone or make their role redundant on the spot.

ram raid

Bench
Jesus Gould has become a snake-oil salesman of late. Listening to him talk in circles about why he didn't entertain the double header gave me a headache. He needs to get out of the media while he has conflicting interests because he's wrecking his reputation. Having said that, I do think he is a tremendously competent administrator and I would want him at my club.

forby

Juniors
U16s finalists, U18s National Champions, U18 Girls finalist, U20s in Prelim Final, ISP in Prelim Final, NRL finalists.
Not bad for a football supreme that everybody likes to ridicule and hate.
Maybe there is a bit of jealously at our success!

MrBlack

Juniors
First grade are playing in their 4th semi final series in the last 5 years.

Financially secure club with state of the art training facilities.

Strength right through the grades.

NSWRL cup finished minor premiers despite half the team playing up in first grade covering injuries.

This was Gould's five year plan.

Corner_Post

Juniors
The only thing Gould would know is how to coach. Everything else he should really shut up about. It’s like getting Bennett to put in a strategy and implement it for the Broncos. Corporate and operational are very different.

In saying that if he were to get rid of McDrunk...

gitano

Juniors
U16s finalists, U18s National Champions, U18 Girls finalist, U20s in Prelim Final, ISP in Prelim Final, NRL finalists.
Not bad for a football supreme that everybody likes to ridicule and hate.
Maybe there is a bit of jealously at our success!
1 title in the last 25 or more years. So jelly

We had Gus Gould during the 1990s at the Sydney Roosters. It was a disaster. The club under performed given its talented team roster, which included Brad "Freddy" Fittler.

I once had the chance to run Gould over while driving my car near the Clovelly Hotel, but I chickened out. Somebody with more guts than me ought to get rid of this piece of stinking vermin once and for all. He ruins everything he touches.

Last edited: