What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tipping Moorebank to Bradbury it with Saints and East Cambo falling over in Week 1 in Shield.

RMC could be anything.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Tipping Moorebank to Bradbury it with Saints and East Cambo falling over in Week 1 in Shield.

RMC could be anything.
I watched the first half of blacktown v guildord RMC last week, they looked good. I think they’re a good chance of beating st marys this weekend

MasseyShield86

Juniors
Thoughts on the Saints Half Lazarus Brown? was great in finals last year for Guildford seems this finals his slipping off making error after error with his decisions and timing

imgunawin72

Juniors
Thoughts on the Saints Half Lazarus Brown? was great in finals last year for Guildford seems this finals his slipping off making error after error with his decisions and timing
I didn’t see the st marys game last week, so not sure about him. But I was told their other half- jake toby missed a couple of tackles that led to tries n was hooked by the coach.

rightleftin

Juniors
East Campbelltown looked a lot more like minor premiers today when they crushed Asquith 38-4. Asquith were ordinary and contained only 5 of the 17 players that beat East Campbelltown in round 1.

In RMC, Mounties were better positioned than last week with the return of Daniel Roberts, Omar Slaimankhel, Maile Li and Jarrett Boland and were first to strike but a Glebe Burwood blitz over the next 20 minutes that resulted in an 18-6 lead gave the dirty reds the ascendancy. Ioelu scored for Mounties to make it 18-10 at the break. Play went back and forth for 25 minutes before Omar S set up Martin in the corner to open up the game but GB held firm and closed out with a penalty to Ryan King, who was outstanding. This sets up another clash with Wenty, who have won 2 very close games against GB this season.

earl park riot

Juniors
East Campbelltown looked a lot more like minor premiers today when they crushed Asquith 38-4. Asquith were ordinary and contained only 5 of the 17 players that beat East Campbelltown in round 1.

In RMC, Mounties were better positioned than last week with the return of Daniel Roberts, Omar Slaimankhel, Maile Li and Jarrett Boland and were first to strike but a Glebe Burwood blitz over the next 20 minutes that resulted in an 18-6 lead gave the dirty reds the ascendancy. Ioelu scored for Mounties to make it 18-10 at the break. Play went back and forth for 25 minutes before Omar S set up Martin in the corner to open up the game but GB held firm and closed out with a penalty to Ryan King, who was outstanding. This sets up another clash with Wenty, who have won 2 very close games against GB this season.
Glebe-Burwood and Wenty have played two very high quality matches this season and I’m sure next weekend will be no different. Thought Penani Manumalealii was strong today in the absence of the other half Jesse Marschke who got called up Into the Newtown side, and Addison Demetriou was outstanding in the centres.

rightleftin

Juniors
Guildford won 34-26. Tonga U/20 rugby 5/8 Netane Masima, back in the side after a few games in RMC, scored a hat trick as well as kicking the goals.

rightleftin

Juniors
In RMC St Marys have beaten Blacktown 28-16 after the scores were locked 16-16 with 15 minutes left. Alan Fitzgibbon scored a hattrick for St Marys.

MountainMan

Juniors
Guildford won 34-26. Tonga U/20 rugby 5/8 Netane Masima, back in the side after a few games in RMC, scored a hat trick as well as kicking the goals.
Upset of the year.
Guildford have hit some form in the past month,while St Marys have done the opposite.

MountainMan

Juniors

The Eagles have been missing a couple of key players which returned yesterday by the looks of it.
Will be very interesting to see who gets the W in the Moorebank ECE game.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Any predictions for this weekends RMC and SS games?
I reckon cabra and wenty will win in RMC and Moore bank to beat Campbelltown

Butts74

Juniors
Moorebank should be able to beat east Campbeltown they have beaten them this year besides with the other top teams that they have beaten. I also think Guildford could come through with a win against wenty. RMC cabra should do saints , they haven’t looked like a team with purpose in the last couple of weeks. But that’s could all change come the weekend, The wenty and Glebe game will be good. Should be close but wenty by a couple I’m tipping.

Footy Tragic

Juniors

RMC could be anything.
How would it be a Bradbury, haven't Moorebank beaten the other final 4 teams in each of their last matches? From what I've seen I'd say they are the form team and deserve to be favourites. They don't need the others to fall.

rightleftin

Juniors
How would it be a Bradbury, haven't Moorebank beaten the other final 4 teams in each of their last matches? From what I've seen I'd say they are the form team and deserve to be favourites. They don't need the others to fall.

Moorebank are a team of contrasting performances. They have beaten all the top sides but are the only team to lose to Brothers. They will have played 3 games in the 6 weeks leading to Saturday and one of those was a loss to a very weak Blacktown team, so which Moorebank team will turn up?

It could be a Bradbury as the Bradbury Inn is the home base of East Campbelltown.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Moorebank are a team of contrasting performances. They have beaten all the top sides but are the only team to lose to Brothers. They will have played 3 games in the 6 weeks leading to Saturday and one of those was a loss to a very weak Blacktown team, so which Moorebank team will turn up?

It could be a Bradbury as the Bradbury Inn is the home base of East Campbelltown.
Fair point

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
More of a reference to the fact that the top couple of teams seem to have stumbled late in the season and Moorebank were near the bottom of the table in the opening month or two

imgunawin72

Juniors
Moorebank should be able to beat east Campbeltown they have beaten them this year besides with the other top teams that they have beaten. I also think Guildford could come through with a win against wenty. RMC cabra should do saints , they haven’t looked like a team with purpose in the last couple of weeks. But that’s could all change come the weekend, The wenty and Glebe game will be good. Should be close but wenty by a couple I’m tipping.
Yep 4 good games , should be interesting

rightleftin

Juniors
With the Grand Finals next week, I thought I might post past results and teams. Here is the Metro Cup GF's 1990-95. More to come over the next week.

Ryde Eastwood 19

Brad Wilson, Noel Mancuso, Brian Goodsir, Lee Naligalagi, John Monty, Mick Campbell, Clayton Friend, Olsen Filipaina, John Owens, Graham Pearce, Henry Nemaz, Max Semrani, Paul Akkary

Reserves: Kevin Denton, Luke Simmons, Tony Barnes, Matt Steele

Hills District 6

Shane Ferguson, Matt Flint, Russ Mooney, Luke Thomas, Mark Hawley, Trevor McCaffery, Mark Donkin, Andrew McCaffery, Paul Mulherin, Cameron McInness, Bill Guard, Mark Townsend, Tony Dennis

Reserves: Peter Heath, Greg Harris, Dave Martin, Bruce Martin

Reserve grade: Bankstown Greyhounds 20 Guildford 12

Guildford 21

Darren Cook, Andrew Foster, Brett Longville, Lee Naligilagi, Garry Edwards, Stuart Raper, Darren Hammond, Darren Stevens, David Burns, Todd Hinkley, Peter Mariani, Grant Muscat, Wayne Moody.

Reserves: Bill McAskill, Sam Rinaldi

Ryde Eastwood 6

Gavin Furner, Noel Mancuso, Scott Hayne, Peter Davies, Brian Goodsir, Peter Camroux, Andrew Devlin, Wayne Binskin, Peter Mayoh, John Owens, Dean Mackie, Allen Salisbury, Grant Ellis

Reserves: Henry Nemaz, Brad Wilson

Reserve grade: Ryde Eastwood 10 Guildford 3

Newtown 30

Craig Shaw, Tim Blasczak, Craig George, Peter Baumgart, Bal Dhadlie, Darryl Neville, Barry Russell, Tony Catton, Fred Teasdell, Terry Dolling, Brendan Mooney, Barry Mulquin, Shane Kelly

Reserves: Jeff Withers, David Nye, Brett Taper, Mark Speechley

Wenty 18

Mark O’Brien, Katan Abdul Wahab, David Black, Steve Antonelli, Eden Hughes, Craig Stedman, Steve Edwards, Darren Seymour, John Cogger, John Mathers, Jim Stafford, Ernie Garland, Mark Clinton, Paul Buchanan

Reserves: Michael Gillett, Shane Whitton, Darren Borthwick, Danny Rodic

Reserve grade: Guildford 26 St Marys 8

St Marys 30

Brett Wheelhouse, Brian Rodereda, Jarrod Reardon, Mick Shepherd, Peter Haines, Steve Robinson, Darren South, Ron Coskerie, Rod McNeil, Andy Mack, Dave Moffatt, Dom Coluccio, Mick Lentfer

Reserves: Eddie Petro, Ernie Garland, Steve Antonelli, Dom Calarco

Ryde Eastwood 10

Marc Webber, Dave Ebeling, Matt Carter, Gary Versteeg, Mick Reilly, Peter Camroux, Paul Jarvis, Mick Smith, Paul Noldt, Steve Pickett, Brendan Hockey, Grant Raper, Matt Steele

Reserves: Mick Conna, Craig McKeough

Reserve grade: Ryde Eastwood 19 Newtown 14

St Marys 32

Gavin Docherty, Brian Rodereda, Reece Webb, Mick Shepherd, Jarrod Reardon, Steve Robinson, Darren South, Ron Coskerie, Dom Calarco, Andy Mack, Dave Moffatt, Dom Coluccio, Val Debono

Reserves: Rod McNeil

Hills District 14

Selwyn Brown, Greg Bright, Richard Korn, Mark Steinwede, Brett Hyde, Mark Rudd, Martin Seal, Andrew Mitchell, Bill Danawe, Paul Mulherin, Darren Tuite, Paul Griffin

Reserves: Paul James, Mick Smith, Scott Hudson

Reserve grade: Ryde Eastwood 19 St Marys 8

Newtown 26

Craig Shaw, Duane Roberts, Jason Evans, Greg Jordan, Tim Blasczak, Steve Benkic, Trevor Schodel, Paul Danes, Gavin Orr, Tony Catton, Brendan Mooney, Scott Fleming, Ian Rubin

Reserves: Chris Culbert, Terry Dolling, Peter Baumgart, Brett Taper

Wenty 8

Danny Atkinson, Paul Dunne, Grant Izzard, Richard Korn, Chris Hartley, Brett Cook, Danny Mamo, Sonny Sueala, Mick Greenaway, Ian McCann, Gavin Catanach, Aaron McLean, Shane Boyd

Reserves: Adam Doyle, Simon Chappell, Bill Greentree, Shane Whitton

Reserve grade: St Marys 20 Newtown 16

rightleftin

Juniors
East Campbelltown are the first team through to the SS GF with a 24-20 win over Moorebank. There were 4 tries to each team but Sean Connor kicked all 4 attempts whereas the Rams got 2 from 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.