What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals week two, Rabbitohs v Dragons, Saturday 15th September 7:40pm @ ANZ Stadium

ThingFish

Juniors
I just met up with a mate this morning that is a sharks supporter, he is saying that Holmes will be playing for NQ in 2020 and that the sharks will be making a big play for Munster, given that the storm won't want to lose him he will likely get overs wherever he ends up at.

What about Doueihi, don't forget him?
Love, love, love, Doueihi!!

CliveC

Juniors
Ha
He was giving an analysis which he is entitled too!

Let’s keep it all friendly!

What’s your analysis of this game!

We should be concerned if we get Cecchin that’s for sure...

I just gave my analysis above!

From what I’ve seen of your comments I think you’re too harsh on Cody. Some of it is warranted imo but not all of what you put on him. He will be the difference on Saturday imo.
ve
He was giving an analysis which he is entitled too!

Let’s keep it all friendly!

What’s your analysis of this game!

We should be concerned if we get Cecchin that’s for sure...

I just gave my analysis above!

From what I’ve seen of your comments I think you’re too harsh on Cody. Some of it is warranted imo but not all of what you put on him. He will be the difference on Saturday imo.
Have to agree re Checcin,Klein is erratic but Checcin is biased more than somewhat.My preference is Sutton the SOO ref,no complaints no one will ever agree on the ref though!
Re Walker the other night he batted the ball along brilliantly for GIs first try.
Made a brilliant break to put us in position and then a superb cut out pass to GI for Jenkos try and gave the final pass for Murrays try.
That is three involvements don't care about paper piffle people making up stats.
The combo between GI iand Cody is something classic remiscent of Souths in their glory days.
Await team lists to see Seibs thinking on this one!

ThingFish

Juniors
Well if Cecchin is ref we are in strife.

I’ve spoken with lots of Dragons members yesterday and as Widdop is outthey aren’t bothering going. The pax update from a guy in the crowd watch thread on main forum is only 14k tickets have been sold. Both supporter bases need to get off their arse and get out there. Watching it at Dragons Leagues Club and Souths Juniors is a cop out and not supporting your team in the best way possible.... there is no excuses.. I don’t just aim that at your members.... I’m sure there are lots of Souths ones who can’t be bothered either and think oh it’s on TV!

I think with Widdop out it’s a big loss. I think we will target Hunt and he will make some errors. I think De Belin won’t last the game and there is a big chance Graham knocks himself out again! I just think Cody Walker will be the difference and GI. I think Sam will really turn it around after last week the champ he is. He won’t play that bad again!

The Dragons will put up a fight but Bunnies by 10 I reckon.

Cookie to get your tired forwards too.

$4.00is way out though. You guys should be like $2.75 and us $1.45.
Just got a call from the Club making sure members know they can get tickets and asking if they are going.

thebrow

Juniors
Interesting.

Wont get into the Cody v Munster debate but Cody did something similar in the first game against Dragons this year at the end when the game was in the balance and you guys were on our line. He has scored tries in both games against us though.
That first game he did nothing for 70 minutes , got us back into it for 5 minutes , then butchered a try and spilt a sitter pass in the last 5 minutes.

Good player in patches. Needs consistency and to perform on big stage. Shaun Johnson lite.

Sonic Star

Juniors
I prefer Cody and Cody has better stats than Munster this year.

The other night Cody was more involved than Munster.

Munster will break our cap so no thanks.

Individual stats mean little to me.

I mean for example, everyone was saying Thurston was past it this year and should have retired.

Yet if you look at stats he’s number 1 in the Comp in try assists.

Forget stats, just watch them play and make your comments based on that.

Cody has individual talent but goes missing too much and never stands up in the big games, he’s a bit of a flat track bully, goes well when the team is going well but when crucial plays are needed then don’t expect him to ice the game.

He drifts in and out of games, needs to play the full 80.

Sonic Star

Juniors
Ha

ve

Have to agree re Checcin,Klein is erratic but Checcin is biased more than somewhat.My preference is Sutton the SOO ref,no complaints no one will ever agree on the ref though!
Re Walker the other night he batted the ball along brilliantly for GIs first try.
Made a brilliant break to put us in position and then a superb cut out pass to GI for Jenkos try and gave the final pass for Murrays try.
That is three involvements don't care about paper piffle people making up stats.
The combo between GI iand Cody is something classic remiscent of Souths in their glory days.
Await team lists to see Seibs thinking on this one!

Lol the only person who makes fake stats up is you.

thebrow

Juniors

That GI try was all Jennings , it was a lucky pass that rolled to him and Jenning got tackled but got miracle pass away. Cody had no involvement. Same as the Murray try that was all Cam

Let’s not forget Cody through the pass that went to ground too far ahead of GI that saw GI get killed by Vunavalu and gave them possession. Next set they went wide , Cody rushes in and misses a tackle they score off the overlap .

Then the Storms next try came from Billy getting on his outside and Cody not tackling him before he basketball passes to the tryscorer

But hey he had A nice run and one try assist

Travitoh

First Grade
Munster vs Cody - Munster can perform in the clutch moments, Cody pads his stats in junktime.
That said, i wouldn't bother with Munster as it would take huge overs to get him in.

On the topic of crowds - As much as i love the atmosphere of being at a game, rugby league is a game suited to tv and the crowd and tv numbers for the NRL this year reflect that and they will continue to for as long as Greenberg has his big stadium ambitions.

On the game - The extra 2 day break should be enough to get Souths over the line against a sore St George-Illawarra but $4 in a semi final is definitely worth a bet. Was that the head to head price?

thebrow

Juniors
The only way I can see Munster signing with Souths is if we pay massive overs and you can see what that did to manly when they paid massive overs for DCE.
Seibold has a history with him and he seems like a player who may want a bigger stage than Melbourne. Regardless it is just a want situation and if the choice is between an Origin and Australian 23 year old premiership winner and a 28 year old journey man its a no brainer on talent and upside alone. The contract stuff is for the club to sort out.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Souths would be better off giving Connor Tracey a go instead of chasing Munster. Tracey has impressed me the few times I have seen him play. Has a history of knee injuries is the negative but I would give him a go at least

Doueihi strikes me more as a centre or fullback type player rather than a half

CliveC

Juniors
Souths would be better off giving Connor Tracey a go instead of chasing Munster. Tracey has impressed me the few times I have seen him play. Has a history of knee injuries is the negative but I would give him a go at least

Doueihi strikes me more as a centre or fullback type player rather than a half
That will likely happen next year Dogmatix.

thebrow

Juniors

definitely , lets bank on an untried reserve grader with 3 ACL ops under his belt as our future cornerstone rather than an Australian and Qld Premiership winner. Thats aiming for the stars.

No one thought we could ever snare Greg Inglis in 2010. Yet we have him.

southsport

First Grade
definitely , lets bank on an untried reserve grader with 3 ACL ops under his belt as our future cornerstone rather than an Australian and Qld Premiership winner. Thats aiming for the stars.

No one thought we could ever snare Greg Inglis in 2010. Yet we have him.
I think dogmatix is saying to have a look at Tracey in 2019/20 before we go chasing a big ticket item.