What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Bunnies seem to be selling their area better and selling up in level 4.

Do we think it can make 50k? I think 40k.

Zadar

Juniors
Yeah possibly, just keep in mind the average NFL crowd in 70K, the average NRL crowd is what 12-15K (if that most games). So the numbers themselves don't add up to begin with for those sort of high volume sales.

NFL games are an all day thing with the tail-gating, to the BBQs outside the stadium etc etc It's more of an "All-Day" event for families. Most NRL fans turn up less then 30 minutes before the main game and as soon as the game is over most people storm right out of the stadium to either catch the quickets train home or get out of the car park ASAP.

I don't think we're comparing apples and apples here but I see what you're saying.

Also, not sure if at all stadiums, but MetLife don’t sell beer after halftime. But at MSG they sold beer after the NBA game finished,

DIOGENES

Juniors
For the regular season
Crowds:
NRL 3.1M (incl SOO)
AFL 6.9M

Total TV:
NRL 105M (incl SOO)
AFL 89M

Total involvement:
NRL 108M
AFL 96M

Yet if you read Front Row Forum it appears that we have a permanent inferiority complex. Its time to celebrate that we are the nation’s favourite sport

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
For the regular season
Crowds:
NRL 3.1M (incl SOO)
AFL 6.9M

Total TV:
NRL 105M (incl SOO)
AFL 89M

Total involvement:
NRL 108M
AFL 96M

Yet if you read Front Row Forum it appears that we have a permanent inferiority complex. Its time to celebrate that we are the nation’s favourite sport

We always go good in 1st year of tv deal and shit in the 5th

BlueandGold

Juniors
For the regular season
Crowds:
NRL 3.1M (incl SOO)
AFL 6.9M

Total TV:
NRL 105M (incl SOO)
AFL 89M

Total involvement:
NRL 108M
AFL 96M

You forgot rep round which was 2.9m viewers.

And before NZ sky stopped posting ratings total NZ Sky numbers was 5.7m.

NZ Ratings are up 25% this year.

NRL total involvement would be over 115m

Rabbits20

Immortal
I actually think that they categorized the reserved seating very well for the first time in a long time for ANZ stadium this Saturday night. In past years Aisble 112 was still considered Category 1 which is past the goal line.

As of now Rabbitohs Cat 1 only has single seats remaining, The Dragons still quite a bit available in Cat 1.
I expect a good turn out of Dragons but I think Souths members and supporters will outnumber theirs.

I don’t understand though how they classify bay 401 and 402 as category 1.

Latest posts