What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Rabbits20

Immortal
Bunnies seem to be selling their area better and selling up in level 4.

Do we think it can make 50k? I think 40k.
Well I’ve spoken to quite a number of Dragons supporters and members over the past two days and not one of em said they would go. Easier on TV and Widdop is out so what’s the point. I said to em mate support your team......

I’d still support and watch my side at the game even if half the team was out.

insert.pause

First Grade
Well I’ve spoken to quite a number of Dragons supporters and members over the past two days and not one of em said they would go. Easier on TV and Widdop is out so what’s the point. I said to em mate support your team......

This was my fear, with Widdop out they wouldn’t have a lot of confidence in winning, and I doubt many people expect the dragons to win. Right or wrong it’s going to keep people away. I think if Widdop played they probably get close to 50k after last week.

Rabbits20

Immortal
This was my fear, with Widdop out they wouldn’t have a lot of confidence in winning, and I doubt many people expect the dragons to win. Right or wrong it’s going to keep people away. I think if Widdop played they probably get close to 50k after last week.
Fairweather fans..... does not surprise me with their mob tbh....

King Ben

Juniors
Some NFL teams have been moving towards cheaper food and beverages and have found themselves actually making more money due to increased sales. I'm wondering whether something similar can work here. It's a win win basically.

I think this is where everyone is heading but the NFL stadiums have the issue that at least 75% of attendees are drinking their own beer and cooking their own food as they tailgate outside and only come inside 5 minutes before kickoff. So to them, these deals and reduced prices are trying to convince fans to come inside earlier.

phonetic

Juniors
Fairweather fans..... does not surprise me with their mob tbh....

We're probably going to get flogged. Hard to blame the fans after the rubbish of the last few months. Despite last weeks performance id imagine many of us are finding it hard to get too excited.

Chook Norris

First Grade
21k allianz
39k anz

Anz could be a lot more but you never know with nrl.
We're probably going to get flogged. Hard to blame the fans after the rubbish of the last few months. Despite last weeks performance id imagine many of us are finding it hard to get too excited.
^Pretty much this. Whether most like it or not, the average Dragon fan's hopes were killed half way through the season. One good game is probably not enough to get a huge number back

guyver78

Juniors
I expect a good turn out of Dragons but I think Souths members and supporters will outnumber theirs.

I don’t understand though how they classify bay 401 and 402 as category 1.

Well for this game 401 and 402 are Category 2, usually they're Category 1 seats (god knows how).

Level 4 at ANZ is shit period.

guyver78

Juniors

Widdop isn't even anything that special, he compliments Hunt well who generally shits himself when it's all on him but to say St George supporters wont turn up to the game because Widdop isn't playing is a bit much.

Valheru

Coach

So of the 150 dragons members you allegedly spoke to on Monday, not one of them is going to the game this week?

big hit!

Bench

the way I see it as an S&C guy....Broncos were in hot form in the final month because they were basically tapering their training - just about every match was a must win for them to make finals. likewise, some of the bottom 8 sides had good wins against the top 8 sides in the final weeks because their season was coming to an end and training was maintenance. In contrast, Easts, SOuths, Melbourne, Penrith, Saints all struggled in the weeks before the final round due to an increase in training volume before a finals taper to have them peaking for September.

unfortunately for the broncos, you can't hold your peak for long before it drops off. the main finals sides are now coming into peak. saints kept going on with the game even after losing 3 of their best. i reckon saints will give a good account of themselves. sure, widdop is a huge loss, but it's a final and saints have shown they can play very well this season.

insert.pause

First Grade
Widdop isn't even anything that special, he compliments Hunt well who generally shits himself when it's all on him but to say St George supporters wont turn up to the game because Widdop isn't playing is a bit much.
hes their captain & best player, without him their chances of winning decrease dramatically.

Billythekid

First Grade

Give me a break. The amount of times I've heard this excuse used for a poor crowd this year only for that team to win or come close to winning is ridiculous.