What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tears of the Bogan

Travitoh

First Grade
Only the other day i was discussing exactly this type of thing with my partners parents.

The winds are changing, the media are being found out as the irrelevant bullshit merchants that they are and hopefully the world will be a better place for it.

carcharias

Immortal
This thread probably didn’t go the way the OP thought it would.

Dugans crimes since leaving Canberra
Got injured
Got pissed on a day off
Missed a bus
Called Rothfeild bald

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Got injured
Got pissed on a day off
Missed a bus
Called Rothfeild bald
Went exactly the way I thought it would.
Dugan is a bogan.
But like most of the players in the nrl he contributes to the community.
I've said from day dot that leaving Canberra was the best thing for both parties.
The only thing different about the thread was that aren't more sharks groupies expressing their love

nrlnrl

First Grade
He had a tough childhood and it hasn't set him up well for success.

He has an opportunity to make a go of it now as he's a bit older and he's obviously doing some good work behind the scenes.

He (and so many other young footballers) need mentors and positive influences. The clubs have to do their part, but - what are player agents doing about this other than collecting their $%?
I think player managers, clubs, players & the media could work a lot closer to break down the 'us v them' mentality that exists between parts of the media & a percentage of players. Sure, they'll never all be mates, but at least allow the media better access after games & during the week to let them find the real stories & the details about it - not something without substance, eg - a photo at a hospital with a group of players or the player with his partner & kids.

Some people will never change their opinion of Josh Dugan & they're entitled to that, but in my opinion, this story is worth reading.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...h/news-story/4206d10fc3f896c50c2559f93c33a08f

carcharias

Immortal
Went exactly the way I thought it would.
Dugan is a bogan.
But like most of the players in the nrl he contributes to the community.
I've said from day dot that leaving Canberra was the best thing for both parties.
The only thing different about the thread was that aren't more sharks groupies expressing their love

It’s the ok mate
I believe you
:)

Everyone hates everyone.

You all hate Dugan. Dugan hates you.

You all hate the media. The media hates you.

The world is f**ked. Now put your heads back in your iphones, oh that’s right you’re reading this on an iPhone.

I'd usually stick the boot in to him due to what he done to my club, but I genuinely felt sorry for the guy. Maybe I'm softening in my old age.

Eelementary

Post Whore
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/8847d409aee7db08de2eafd3398ff392

AN emotional Josh Dugan has revealed he’s been trying for five years to change the public’s perception of him for the better.
But the former Kangaroos and NSW rep star says the media has sabotaged any chance he’s had of doing so.

The Sharks centre says he’s been an “easy target since 2013... when I got sacked from Canberra”.

“Everyone has had an opinion of me since then and it’s never going to change.”

He pointed to work he’s been doing off the field that goes unnoticed.

“I raised $15,000 for a young boy recently, visited him in hospital, he passed away, you didn’t hear about that,” Dugan told a media all-in, struggling to keep it together.

“I’ve got my diploma in community social work... things you don’t hear about.

“I’ve always felt like I can help people because of what I’ve been through... and I’ll continue to do that.”

But the negative headlines since his infamous Bacardi Breezers on the roof episode with Blake Ferguson has clearly taken a toll.

“There’s probably one [good news story] every couple of months, other than that negativity sells papers,” he bristled.

“I’ve copped a lot of brunt for the things I’ve done and I’ve accepted that and moved on, but it doesn’t help when negativity sells papers more than feel-good stories.”

Most recently, he was embroiled in a podcast scandal with Andrew Fifita, in which the pair insulted veteran league reporter and Sharks tragic Phil Rothfield.

In February, he was also with Fifita when the pair were thrown out of Cronulla RSLfor swearing and causing a scene.

And last year, he was again with Ferguson when they had a lengthy drinking session at Lennox Point Hotel just days out from the Origin decider, which NSW of course lost convincingly.

His skipper Paul Gallen revealed he’s been trying to help Dugan deal with the the media attention, particularly social media abuse, and understands why he’s struggling.

“I know how hard it is when the media is into you... I think social media's the biggest thing for Duges... It can be a cesspool for gooses.”

Poor old Jed.

Omg...the irony...I...I just...

Omg...!!!

Lambretta

First Grade

Got injured
Got pissed on a day off
Missed a bus
Called Rothfeild bald

You forgot "Did Souths a solid"

:p

Ooopss, I had said I was over that and moving on.

But seriously, do we expect these guys to all be angels? Dugan's a bit of a character. f**k knows we need a few of them. Not sure why everyone gets on his case so much