What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Latrell

Lambretta

First Grade
What people fail to realise is that he wasn't rubbed out for this tackle. He was rubbed out because he had carry over points from a previous crusher tackle that when added to the points from this tackle cost him a one week suspension.

If he didn't have a prior and carryover points, he takes the early plea and wouldn't have missed a week.

He was rubbed out for two illegal tackles in a short period of time.

If you're sitting on 95 carryover points going into the finals serious then you need to make damn well sure you do the right thing.

Roosters fans crying over this have completely missed the fact that he's done this twice now and he wouldn't have been suspended otherwise.

I agree, if you're on 95 carry over points - don't do anything wrong

This difference, and it's only small is that I don't believe he did do anything wrong - there was no crusher tackle. Dugan got slightly squished and did his usual 50 times a game "I'm so hurt" thing. 3 seconds later he was fine. The lads' like Jesus with his miraculous recoveries

Oh well, time to move on.

This difference, and it's only small is that I don't believe he did do anything wrong - there was no crusher tackle. Dugan got slightly squished and did his usual 50 times a game "I'm so hurt" thing. 3 seconds later he was fine. The lads' like Jesus with his miraculous recoveries

The judiciary looked at it for two hours and didn't agree with you.

The_Shield

Juniors

Do you think the same about the Chambers tackle? They’re very similar in my opinion

AJB1102

First Grade

So how hurt would the player need to be for it to be wrong?

The charge was "dangerous contact" not "sufficiently injured opponent". Its about the unnecessary risk of injury being looked at not the result of the tackle.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Latrell charge and punishment was accurate imo.

Two weeks in a row now he's made a bonehead, careless tackle and he's been rubbed out for a game due to carry over points.

Of course only a genius would say it was comparable to Chambers' crusher, with the difference being accurately reflected in the gradings.

Latrell will now be praying his stupidity has not cost his side a GF birth (and I believe it will).

Cockosh

Juniors
As great as latrell is if our season is over because he misses the prelim then we were never really in it. We have plenty of quality across the park to try and cover his absence and not to mention Souffs and merge need to come out unscathed themselves. They are going into it with busted players. It isn’t ideal but far from a disaster. Maybe it’s a blessing. Every other prelim we’ve gone in as favourites. This should take care of complacency.

The_Shield

Juniors
The Latrell charge and punishment was accurate imo.

Two weeks in a row now he's made a bonehead, careless tackle and he's been rubbed out for a game due to carry over points.

Of course only a genius would say it was comparable to Chambers' crusher, with the difference being accurately reflected in the gradings.

Latrell will now be praying his stupidity has not cost his side a GF birth (and I believe it will).
Please explain the difference between Latrells tackle and Chambers tackle. The only differences I see are Chambers made sure he didn’t come down on the head and Latrell makes no such effort

Valheru

Coach
As great as latrell is if our season is over because he misses the prelim then we were never really in it. We have plenty of quality across the park to try and cover his absence and not to mention Souffs and merge need to come out unscathed themselves. They are going into it with busted players. It isn’t ideal but far from a disaster. Maybe it’s a blessing. Every other prelim we’ve gone in as favourites. This should take care of complacency.

Exactly

Latrell will be sorely missed but if we can't cover him with all the other talent we have then we weren't going to win the GF anyways.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Please explain the difference between Latrells tackle and Chambers tackle. The only differences I see are Chambers made sure he didn’t come down on the head and Latrell makes no such effort

Ha. Chambers used twice as much force - you can see that in the speed he jumped and dropped to his knees.

Quit sooking.

Latrell is the GOAT centre in rugby league. And that includes the other stars in Britain and France. He is simply irreplaceable. What a shame though that the registration of new players is closed, otherwise Trent could have borrowed from Catalans French stars Remi Casty (for Napa) and Tony Gigot (for Latrell) because Catalans cannot make the finals in Super League (too many points to make up).

Latest posts