What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 2: Sharks vs Panthers

Kilkenny

Coach
She's been a depressingly regular feature of our season tbf :(

It's a good point you make.

It seems our horrific injury toll in 2018 has been largely forgotten. This Fridays sudden death semi final is all about the absence of Wade Graham but let's not forget the huge injury toll we had to endure just to get us where we are now.

I don't need to list the players who have been missing for part of or in some instances the majority of 2018 we are all only too well aware of who they are.

Given the adversity, I think we have done astonishing well to still be alive in this competition without ever really playing the footy we are capable off for one reason or another.

I think the best thing we have in our favour for this Friday night is at the end of the day we are overdue for a win against the Sharks. I am not sure we are a better drilled footy side than they are, not sure we have a better 1-17, but if we get an even rub of the green and bounce of the ball we can get the job done and win the game.

panthersam

Juniors
I haven’t been this nervous/pumped for a game in a while! I hope the refs put away the whistles and let the two teams go at each other to hopefully see a classic like the Souths vs Melbourne game last week.

I’m also loving that the players are taking notice of the comments by the Sharks players, should be an easy way to fire them up for the occasion!

Western Stand

Juniors
Why does the press always slant stories in a way that living near the beach is better than living in the west?

I’ve lived 10 minutes from North Cronulla beach for 20 years and I’ve probably been there 5 times.

Each to their own and living near the ocean isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Give me open paddocks and cows any day.

As for Segeyaro, he’s still dirty the club punted him for hanging out with undesirables and guest appearances in adult films. Our club stands for more than what he offered.

Last edited:
Why does the press always slant stories in a way that living near the beach is better than living in the west?

I’ve lived 10 minutes from North Cronulla beach for 20 years and I’ve probably been there 5 times.

Each to there own and living near the ocean isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Give me open paddocks and cows any day.

As for Segeyaro, he’s still dirty the club punted him for hanging out with undesirables and guest appearances in adult films. Our club stands for more than what he offered.
Agreed.

TheFrog

Coach
When you play the Roosters or the Broncos in a big final, the banter is with their fans. But Sharks fans are pretty quiet. It is their players doing all the talking.

Western Stand

Juniors
We can out number them.

We can certainly out cheer them. We need to out yell them from the moment the teams comes out to warm up.

When the backs run out to warm up, we need to stand and give them the biggest cheer they’ve ever heard.

It's a good point you make.

It seems our horrific injury toll in 2018 has been largely forgotten. This Fridays sudden death semi final is all about the absence of Wade Graham but let's not forget the huge injury toll we had to endure just to get us where we are now.

I don't need to list the players who have been missing for part of or in some instances the majority of 2018 we are all only too well aware of who they are.

Given the adversity, I think we have done astonishing well to still be alive in this competition without ever really playing the footy we are capable off for one reason or another.

I think the best thing we have in our favour for this Friday night is at the end of the day we are overdue for a win against the Sharks. I am not sure we are a better drilled footy side than they are, not sure we have a better 1-17, but if we get an even rub of the green and bounce of the ball we can get the job done and win the game.
I agree, it is like the Storm game. Everyone was commenting that the Storm was weaken because they had Slater, Munster, Chambers, etc out. They conveniently forgotten to mention that Smith has played more games than what most of the younger guys have, that this is the first time that the Panthers have won at their home ground, and that the Storm are a well drilled team. Some people do not like giving the Panthers due credit.

Blues Riff

Bench

Each to their own and living near the ocean isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Give me open paddocks and cows any day.

According to the media, Paradise = traffic, a sandy crack and non stop wind. When I was in the Penrith area I was 15 minutes away from the stadium in a bushland setting in the foothills and later a beautiful rural acreage on the Northern road.

OldPanther

Coach
According to the media, Paradise = traffic, a sandy crack and non stop wind. When I was in the Penrith area I was 15 minutes away from the stadium in a bushland setting in the foothills and later a beautiful rural acreage on the Northern road.

Sounds perfect.

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree, it is like the Storm game. Everyone was commenting that the Storm was weaken because they had Slater, Munster, Chambers, etc out. They conveniently forgotten to mention that Smith has played more games than what most of the younger guys have, that this is the first time that the Panthers have won at their home ground, and that the Storm are a well drilled team. Some people do not like giving the Panthers due credit.

If we win tomorrow...It will be the Sharks would of won if Graham played. Completely ignoring that Edwards and Whare are missing from our starting backline

If we win tomorrow...It will be the Sharks would of won if Graham played. Completely ignoring that Edwards and Whare are missing from our starting backline
Exactly my point. The Sharks didn't exactly blow the Panthers off the park this year. If we are on our game, we will win. Bring on tomorrow night.

Latest posts