What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 2: Sharks vs Panthers

franklin2323

Immortal
MX you’re very good at making shit up. You a real estate agent by any chance?

& feel free to give your assessment on the change of tactics, happy to agree/disagree. Other then kicking, which has been a massive plus, I haven’t seen much of a change. Normally I just like stirring you up (pre ignore) but I’m being genuine for once.

Same here. It isn't like we have set plays or anything now. It is the same as it was mid season nothing wrong with it. It worked

franklin2323

Immortal
He has played more than 20 minutes in 21 of his 24 games. And over the past 10 weeks he has averaged 47.7 minutes per game.

What stats has Moylan been horrible with? And how is it any different to Maloney being terrible in some stats?

The only stat that will matter is who wins tomorrow. Both players have been good for their clubs regardless. But if Sharks win Moyza is 3 nil against us. If we win Jimmy won the game that matters.

I will post the full stats tomorrow.

For example

Kick metres for one Maloney 5000. Moylan 1300.

Forced dropouts Maloney 19. Moylan 14

Flanagan allows kicking. Griffin didn't apparently. Shouldn't they be other way around?

For example

Flanagan allows kicking. Griffin didn't apparently. Shouldn't they be other way around?
Moylan Is the 3rd kicking option whilst Jimmy is 1st. What a silly couple stats to compare

franklin2323

Immortal
Who is the 2nd? Surely you don’t mean Wade?

Here is their ave kick metres per game.

Maloney is 238
Cleary 222

So still have less then us.
They have 0 40/20's.
We have 3 (Atleast 1 was while hook was here)
We have 35 forced dropouts.

So again I can't see how we weren't allowed to kick. Maybe it was choice it isn't as though Moylan is doing heaps of kicking now.

Only the players know if that was tactics or not but stats don't
back that up

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 1

mxlegend99

Referee
[

For example

How are either of those terrible for a player who's not the primary kicker? Its his first year with 6 as his primary position and he has done extremely well to force that many drop outs. f**k James Maloney only had 8 forced line drop outs at Sharks last year.

Sharks primary kicker is Townsend... and both edges have second rowers who quiet often kick on the last. That's the structure of their team. Always has been.

Youre grasping at straws trying to make those stats terrible. They arent spectacular. But he's doing the job asked of him. What's he supposed to do? Be the Paul Gallen of kickers?

Luke Keary only has 6 forced drop outs. Munster only has 7. Widdop has 9. These are experienced 5/8ths in successful clubs with less then Moylan.

So exactly how is the stat terrible? Those 3 players have all had great seasons. As have Moylan and Maloney.

The only terrible stat any of them have is Maloneys missed tackles. Otherwise sure they might be higher or lower then others. But thats a result of the way their teams play.

franklin2323

Immortal
Same. f**king sharks, overall I like the sharks as a club but this group of sharks players I really want to see towelled up. Take their heads off if need be, Moylan included.

Mansour's interview in Western Weekender he reckons Seg's comments will fire them up

Same. f**king sharks, overall I like the sharks as a club but this group of sharks players I really want to see towelled up. Take their heads off if need be, Moylan included.
To be honest, the Sharks didn't actually blow us off the park with their wins this year. If we play with the same way in which the last two games have been played, the game is ours.

Western Stand

Juniors
Exactly the same game plan as last week. Kick on tackle 3 or 4 and turn their big boys around. Kick into the corners and jam in on Holmes.

Be prepared to take 80 minutes to win this one. That means the players and our support. We all need to leave the stadium tonight with our voice box crushed and every ounce of energy squeezed out of our bodies.

The only thing that will help us be mobile is the adrenaline running through the veins with the knowledge that we get to do it again next week.

We need to be the difference.

franklin2323

Immortal
[

How are either of those terrible for a player who's not the primary kicker? Its his first year with 6 as his primary position and he has done extremely well to force that many drop outs. f**k James Maloney only had 8 forced line drop outs at Sharks last year.

Sharks primary kicker is Townsend... and both edges have second rowers who quiet often kick on the last. That's the structure of their team. Always has been.

Youre grasping at straws trying to make those stats terrible. They arent spectacular. But he's doing the job asked of him. What's he supposed to do? Be the Paul Gallen of kickers?

Luke Keary only has 6 forced drop outs. Munster only has 7. Widdop has 9. These are experienced 5/8ths in successful clubs with less then Moylan.

So exactly how is the stat terrible? Those 3 players have all had great seasons. As have Moylan and Maloney.

The only terrible stat any of them have is Maloneys missed tackles. Otherwise sure they might be higher or lower then others. But thats a result of the way their teams play.

My point by showing them is to show that he changed clubs yet still kicks as much. We have less kickers so it looks bad when the halves don't kick. Where does it show we didn't kick by tactics when in another jersey the same stats are there?

Latest posts