What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 coach

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If Clearys coming it will be wrapped up by December otherwise he’s not coming till after his contract. It won’t go on for twelve months. Things are settled at penrith for the most part, I daresay they already who will be our coach in 2019.

I hope so. We have such a good team, no one needs all this shit.

Tiger5150

Bench
If Clearys coming it will be wrapped up by December otherwise he’s not coming till after his contract. It won’t go on for twelve months. Things are settled at penrith for the most part, I daresay they already who will be our coach in 2019.

i dont disagree with this, but as a result of Gus' stupid media games with Ivan after sacking Hook (We have a preferred candidate, just waiting on his response etc) it is guaranteed that if Ivan stays with the Tigers, the media will not let up on him, Tigers or Panthers for I reckon 12 months.

The frustrating thing is Cleary is not even that good a coach to be worth all this nonsense. Hope Ciraldo canes it in the rest of this final series and renders the argument moot.

Cleary’s results over his career sort of tell two stories.

When he has a settled & experienced squad he gets pretty good results. Towards the end at the warriors he had them firing.

But he’s also had to do a lot of rebuilding of squads, this has really impacted his overall win percentage.

I’m not prepared to say he’s a really good coach though.

betcats

Referee
Cleary’s results over his career sort of tell two stories.

When he has a settled & experienced squad he gets pretty good results. Towards the end at the warriors he had them firing.

But he’s also had to do a lot of rebuilding of squads, this has really impacted his overall win percentage.

I’m not prepared to say he’s a really good coach though.

At the end of the warriors stint his team was fairly young from memory, Maloney and Johnson were young, a number of the forward as well were young.

I am prepared to say he’s a really good coach. He gets more out of less than most coaches imo. He just needs help with his attack. He is a man manager, most good coaches are, tacticians are assistants.

MrBlack

Juniors
Results aside, I've been impressed by Ciraldo. The demeanor, public persona etc.

Agree with all of your comments, but more importantly, the team seems to be improving week on week.

I was not sold on him as coach for next year, but am certainly getting used to the idea now.

mxlegend99

Referee
We should bring Ivan Cleary in for some training sessions (unofficially like we have Gower, Royce, T etc.). Just so Nathan and Ivan get to work together now.

Hard to see Ciro being replaced once he is a premiership winner.