What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Wallace.

Feej

First Grade
Interesting that Langer's been doing it for ages and only now it's brought up. All that aside, I think it should be outlawed. Fine to send out messages from the coach and attend to players well being, but the coaching should be outlawed for sure.

Meth

Staff member
I think Kent's argument seems to be that Wallace is a step too far because he played NRL this year and he would know all the players and the calls etc, which is an odd argument because it overlooks the obvious- that Langer, Jones or whoever else could quite easily sit in on planning meetings and learn the calls too.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Kent is a massive twat, but if you watch the video it's hard to disagree with what he's saying.

Wallace isn't delivering water out there, he's directing whole sets.

Nuke trainers all together except for stoppages and injuries.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think Kent's argument seems to be that Wallace is a step too far because he played NRL this year and he would know all the players and the calls etc, which is an odd argument because it overlooks the obvious- that Langer, Jones or whoever else could quite easily sit in on planning meetings and learn the calls too.
Yeah his argument about knowing the plays makes no sense considering you dont need to have played in the team to gain that knowledge. We've had former players doing it on and off for ages. Shane Elford was doing it not long ago.

Plus the coach he played under is gone now and the style we are playing has changed. He still knows the new stuff aswell. But he never played under Ciro or our new game plans.

Danish

Referee
Yeah his argument about knowing the plays makes no sense considering you dont need to have played in the team to gain that knowledge. We've had former players doing it on and off for ages. Shane Elford was doing it not long ago.

Plus the coach he played under is gone now and the style we are playing has changed. He still knows the new stuff aswell. But he never played under Ciro or our new game plans.

Not to mention that most if not all water runners are assistant coaches, meaning they are actually inventing the f**king calls to begin with.

Honestly is there a club in the league who’s water runner is not on the coaching staff?

roofromoz

First Grade
Can’t see anything wrong with it. He has every right to be out there during attacking sets.

The fact it angers Kent also means it should definitely be kept.

The NRL should have an opposite round where they do everything against what Kent wants.

But then Kent's reaction may open up some wormhole that impacts on the space and time continuum and we're all f*cked... is it worth the risk just for a larf?

LineBall

Juniors
Trainers should only be on the field to assist an injured player or to give water after a try is scored. Injured players must remain on the same spot on the field whist receiving treatment and the trainer is only allowed to communicate with injured player or referees/linesman.

I agree with what Kent is saying - but it's been an issue for years which the NRL just turns a blind eye to.

They wonder why there is a dearth of play-makers in the game when none of the current crop of players ever have to think for themselves on the field.

MilkShark

First Grade
The trainers shouldn't even be on the field unless there is an injury.

The game was built around attrition, so bring it back.

Need a drink? Get off the field. Bunch of pansies.

The_Shield

Juniors
People have been complaining about Alfie for years. Why is everyone acting now like nobody ever called it out of Alf?

As far as trainers on the field, I reckon they should only be allowed on during stoppages like tries and injuries, even then why not have the kids run the water like they do with kicking tees

some11

Referee
I don't have a problem with it, it's not like the Panthers' halves are so inadequate that they need to listen to him to know what to do.

If it produces better footy then so be it.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
I'm sure some rugby league boffin here can bring up the actual rules that state who is allowed on the field and when