What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2018

Blair

Coach
Drifting into week two, flat as. Gee, I miss the Warriors!

Such a long off-season! Bring on the GF, then we can all start again.

Sharks tonight for me, as the flukey Panthers have pissed me off once too often. How convenient for them to see Sheck hobble off after 15 minutes?

However, the Sharks better not get in hot water over their cap. That always spoils the party.

Drifting into week two, flat as. Gee, I miss the Warriors!

Such a long off-season! Bring on the GF, then we can all start again.

Sharks tonight for me, as the flukey Panthers have pissed me off once too often. How convenient for them to see Sheck hobble off after 15 minutes?

However, the Sharks better not get in hot water over their cap. That always spoils the party.

Dont mind if Panthers get up a few Kiwis in there.

Hard to go past the Bunnies even if they have been naughty boys. It will just be another slap on the wrist and a fine. Behaviour won't change until they have to sit a few games out.

JJ

Immortal
Sharks v Panthers is a huge game, whoever wins can potentially beat Melbourne IMO both are very good sides

Can't help but think the Dragons are done, no Widdop or Vaughan and de Berlin hurt, that back row is something else though. Souths might be flat, that was some battle with Melbourne

Still, Souths are my pick to go all the way as long as injuries don't hit, they are good everywhere

Blair

Coach
Now the Sharks are flukey, Moylan kick on the last, Leutele bat-back straight into the arms of Chad with no-look pass to Holmes. Either arsey or brilliant!

14-0.

Blair

Coach
Moylan and Lewis ripping their old team apart.

Penrith full of errors and penalties. Maloney terrible organising his defensive line for that try.

18-0. How'd we lose last week to this side? (OK, I know, the Panthers were a different team then).

Blair

Coach
Cleary missed it.
4min left Panthers down by 1

Luck ran out. Golden boy has the summer to ponder that one. He'll be right though. His best days are ahead.

There'd be tension there as Jimmy wouldn't have missed it with the season on the line.

Terrible schadenfreude by me at the end, with close-ups of a distraught Cleary quickly followed by a leering Moylan. Poor form by me, as it's not the Panthers fault we showed no ticker last week.

It made me feel a bit better about our loss as the Panthers do come back strong. The Sharks really muscled-up in that last 15 mins though, unlike the Warriors.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
There'd be tension there as Jimmy wouldn't have missed it with the season on the line...The Sharks really muscled-up in that last 15 mins though, unlike the Warriors.
Yeah I reckon Maloney would've made it as well as he wasn't having the best of game. A few errors on his behalf was the reason they were down in the first half. He would've looked to make up.

Sharks pack really did muscle up as you say and as the old saying goes - it all starts up front. Once the
pack gets good go forward, the halves can enjoy a better platform and small holes (or potential holes) in the defence line. Fifita, Lewis and Gallen leading the way.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I've seen some awful plays in my time and that Waqa Blake one from dummy half at the end of the game is right up there with all of them

Would expect Souths to get this job done tonight, sitting here especially to watch Sam Burgess and James Graham go at it, always great viewing