What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 2: Sharks vs Panthers

age.s

First Grade
While I agree OP, they don't even call minor infringements in situations like that in regular season games, eg the Raiders game in Dubbo(?) last year. No way they do it last night unfortunately.

OldPanther

Coach
While I agree OP, they don't even call minor infringements in situations like that in regular season games, eg the Raiders game in Dubbo(?) last year. No way they do it last night unfortunately.

Of course they don't. It only happened in maybe 2 games this year. Broncos/Tigers being the big one.

Frankus

Juniors
Forward pass, kick dead, ruined the last 10 with poor decisions.
The kick dead is forgiven considering we were searching for some creative spark. And I doubt he could see much out of one eye. They did a close up on the big screen and it looked as though it had swollen shut. The same way I hope Canelo’s eye is swollen shut tomorrow...

What did you think of May’s performance?

OldPanther

Coach
The kick dead is forgiven considering we were searching for some creative spark. And I doubt he could see much out of one eye. They did a close up on the big screen and it looked as though it had swollen shut. The same way I hope Canelo’s eye is swollen shut tomorrow...

Honestly barely noticed May. I would have had Egan as the 14 as he would do a better job at 9 than May giving Katoa his necessary rest.

Frankus

Juniors
Honestly barely noticed May. I would have had Egan as the 14 as he would do a better job at 9 than May giving Katoa his necessary rest.
Good call OP. No disrespect to May but he stifled our attack when he was on. He’s not a dummy half and it showed off the bench when Katoa has to go off for his HIA. His service was poor and his pass accuracy was also poor and he overplayed his hand a couple of times. Although one of the calls that was a knock on looked backward at the ground. Will have to see how it looked in replay if I can bring myself to watch it.

I’m still gutted.

Flashstep

Juniors
Overall it’s hard to deny we copped the worst of the Maloney/Moylan swap in terms of on field performance.

Obviously we made the best of a bad situation by getting Maloney, Moylan wanted out and at that point Gould had to get something for him. But if you could go back and avoid all the Moylan drama we’d be much better off with him as our 5/8 in future years.

I remember some saying Moylan wasn’t a 5/8, has anyone that expressed that view changed their mind?

I don''t know If I said it on here but I used to think it was a mistake moving Moylan from FB to 5/8 because he would get more time from the back, boy was I wrong he stepped up this year as 5/8 and especially against us on two occasions, I think he should be NSW 5/8 next year if he keeps up this form.

Panfa

Juniors
The game changer was the short 10m kickoff we were on a roll and all over the sharks.All we had to do was defend that and we win the game we didnt cronulla came up with the ball kicked the field goal a few mins later and we have mad monday this week.

OldPanther

Coach
In May's defence he isn't a hooker.

Agreed. 6 or 13.

Nope yet he will be our hooker next year. Gus doesn't learn

giphy.gif

TheFrog

Coach
Played 9 minutes before halftime. Not much chance to impress and the coach didn't think he was the answer late in the game.

and Katoa isn't a first grader at this point if ever

They've got an off-season to make him one. Damien Cook will be the Kangaroos 9. He didn't cement a first grade place until this year, at 26. Katoa is 23.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Played 9 minutes before halftime. Not much chance to impress and the coach didn't think he was the answer late in the game.

They've got an off-season to make him one. Damien Cook will be the Kangaroos 9. He didn't cement a first grade place until this year, at 26. Katoa is 23.

He can be our back up hooker.

OldPanther

Coach
Who ya got in mind?

Egan with a full pre-season. Egan is the player Katoa should be and was pre Wallace retirement. Throws a no look pass but it's accurate, has a kicking game, good running game and is a good defender.

The commentary today mentioned ISP stopped playing through the ruck and we lost our advantage. Funny that's right when Egan went off.

I also have no doubt the club won't buy a hooker so these two are our options.

Latest posts