What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals week two, Rabbitohs v Dragons, Saturday 15th September 7:40pm @ ANZ Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
The media is doing their absoulute best to de-rail us but we must not let them!! This could certainly have a negative effect on the playing group but we must overcome it and put in a good performance that we know we are capable of.

Seibold responds to allegations: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/09/14/anthony-seibold-full-press-conference/

Rabbitohs v Dragons - The people speak: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/09/14/rabbitohs-v-dragons-the-people-speak/

Stat Attack - Where Souths hold slight advantage over Dragons: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...re-souths-hold-slight-advantage-over-dragons/

callmack1

Staff member

DC_fan

Coach
Whilst no game is a given, given the fact that the Dragons have injury problems and a shorter match.day turnaround than Souths, I feel confident. I will be quite stunned if we lose.

Morehead St

Juniors
Hi Morehead St.I figure you are referring to the street near Redfern Oval.
A couple of stories,my Dad lived there and started following Souths about 1914,one of his good mates was the great Harold Horder who lived around there also!
Good post mate!
Thanks for that CliveC. Yeah, you are correct. We lived in the shop next to the Grosvenor Hotel. Born and bred Waterloo boy and proud of my inner city heritage. Many great memories of many wonderful people. Where did you Dad live, and when did he leave the street, if you don't mind me asking, please?
I have read about the brilliance of Harold many times when I was a boy because the old Mirror and Sun newspapers would often reference him. I remember having pride when my Father informed me that the great captain of the 1940s-50s, Jack Rayner, lived near by. Seeing the giants from the 70s having a beer at some of the area' pubs also put a spring in the step. We also take 'credit' in Adam Reynolds since he is from Morehead St. Do you know of any other Rabbitohs who lived in the area?

Morehead St

Juniors
Welcome to the forum mate, you make some really good points.

On another note, we will come into this game with an eight day turnaround which is great and the Dragons come in with six days. I don't believe that is a massive advantage in the modern game but who knows? It could play it's part.
Thanks mate. But as this is now Saturday morning we have all heard the news about the sexting scandal and the domestic violence court appearance. Whether our players are innocent or not, it is still a social embarrassment to them as names are in the papers, on TV and all over social media. It is going to be a big hurdle for them to over come that jolt to their sense of being.
It is also going to be difficult for them to put such negatives out of their mind.
How Dragons players and fans exploit this during the game will be interesting.
Since the sexting occured last May (?) and the woman involved contacted the club recently requesting "What are you doing about it?" (as is her right), I wonder if that had any connection with Sam's poor game last weekend? If so, then matters MAY be worse today since his name is now out there.
What do you reckon?

Morehead St

Juniors
Watching lomax, leilua and dufty celebrate that try was a great sight to a dragons supporter. Not just because of the game, but because those three are dragons juniors who have come through the ranks together(ish) and are living up to the potential that they have shown in their junior years. Must have been a great feeling for them to put on a show on such a big stage.

That sort of youthful exuberance could either work for us or against us this Saturday, but I hope they go out there and give it their best shot.
So true. I can understand your pride in those juniors (I never knew they were, so thanks for the extra info. That makes their celebration even more memorable for me). I can remember when Clubs reflected their community, but with transfers all over the place - and that is right since players are now more able to receive better payment as a result - that sense has been blunted a little. We use to go over to Redfern to watch 3rds and 2nds because you got a sense of the young locals coming through. You would discuss with mates which local team that lower grade fella played for; should he be promoted; which other local club has someone better; etc. Now, there is only the main game to watch. When a p[layer is given a go in 1st grade it is a shock because more often than not you have never heard of him. That's progress!
If you have read the sexting and domestic violence scandals, you will be feeling more confident toiday. Let's hope for a great game - another one!

SBD82

Coach
I'm very proud of the club fo their development of juniors over the years. (You're welcome for Cook by the way).

The 2010 GF was even sweeter with players like Cooper, Prior, Morris, Gasnier, Merrin, Nighty, Hornby and Young all being local products. I'm sure you felt a similar pride with Sutton and co. in 2014.

I hang a lot of shit on some of your supporters in this forum, but there are a lot of very fine bunnnies supporters out there, and your club is deservedly proud of its' history, and should be very proud of its ongoing connection with the indigenous community.

I won't wish you luck, that would be disingenuous. But I'm hoping for a cracking game. Both of our teams were widely tipped to miss the finals this year. Hope both teams go out and show why we deserve to be there.

ThingFish

Juniors
I'm very proud of the club fo their development of juniors over the years. (You're welcome for Cook by the way).

The 2010 GF was even sweeter with players like Cooper, Prior, Morris, Gasnier, Merrin, Nighty, Hornby and Young all being local products. I'm sure you felt a similar pride with Sutton and co. in 2014.

I hang a lot of shit on some of your supporters in this forum, but there are a lot of very fine bunnnies supporters out there, and your club is deservedly proud of its' history, and should be very proud of its ongoing connection with the indigenous community.

I won't wish you luck, that would be disingenuous. But I'm hoping for a cracking game. Both of our teams were widely tipped to miss the finals this year. Hope both teams go out and show why we deserve to be there.
Many an “expert” underestimated our clubs, I know I did as well. But we are two of the last 5 standing and I’ll celebrate that whatever happens tonight. May the game be fair, may there be no injuries, and may the winner smash the Roosters.

Thanks mate. But as this is now Saturday morning we have all heard the news about the sexting scandal and the domestic violence court appearance. Whether our players are innocent or not, it is still a social embarrassment to them as names are in the papers, on TV and all over social media. It is going to be a big hurdle for them to over come that jolt to their sense of being.
It is also going to be difficult for them to put such negatives out of their mind.
Since the sexting occured last May (?) and the woman involved contacted the club recently requesting "What are you doing about it?" (as is her right), I wonder if that had any connection with Sam's poor game last weekend? If so, then matters MAY be worse today since his name is now out there.
What do you reckon?
I heard Wendell talking on the radio today about this issue and he said that when he was in trouble for off field things the only place he felt comfortable is on the field for that 80 mins dong why he dose best. Let’s hope the bunnies that are in hot water atm feel the same as Big Dell.

Morehead St

Juniors
A
The scandal may tip the game in the dragons favour.
Agree - but how much it tips it their way remains to be seen. It really does not matter at this stage if there is guilt or innocence since names are out in the media for all to see. Families will be embarrassed as players do their explaining to loved ones.
For the players involved there is more now going on inside their heads besides a footy game.
This is where a good coach becomes a master as he manipulates the focus of men onto what is in front of them on the field. Players not connected to the scandals will need to step up and support their mates at this time and throughout the game (and until the matters are decided on...and beyond!).
But first things immediately, and that is the game.
Defences of behaviour off the paddock will, and need to, wait for another time.

Morehead St

Juniors
I heard Wendell talking on the radio today about this issue and he said that when he was in trouble for off field things the only place he felt comfortable is on the field for that 80 mins dong why he dose best. Let’s hope the bunnies that are in hot water atm feel the same as Big Dell.
Well said! It is exactly that type of word from someone like Dell that the players need to hear, and to be genuinely convinced of. I hope the players were listening, or at least Seibold uses it on the blokes involved in their pre-game psyche warm-ups.
What you have posted has already lifted me a bit. Thanks.

callmack1

Staff member
What do you reckon?
I'm not sure, it has the potential to de-rail us but at the same time, I reckon it could really fire the boys up, especially if it is being made to be a bigger issue than it actually is.

Cook ready for sudden-death showdown: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/15/cook-ready-for-sudden-death-showdown/

Latest posts