What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 2 vs Souths

Saints111

Juniors
We defended well. But god our attack was horrible. Not a set play clicked . I'm glad we're out this game then having to deal with it against the roster

blacksafake

First Grade
How can you not be proud of them tonight. Defensively outstanding against the number 1 attack with a seriously weakened side. Sure some things could have been done better but under the circumstances I’m not gonna complain & I’d hope most on here don’t as well.
Plenty of positives came out of this performance & few negatives.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Yes they did. All dragons fans should be proud. Considering the injuries, your team put up a great showing tonight. Taking Souths to the wire. Except for that silly last tackle play you may have even won.

Your team will be a real force to be reckoned with next season.
I suspect that last tackle play was our all or nothing, they had nothing left after some heroic defence and knew they needed something special to get over the line. It didn't come off, the result was likely going to be the same, let's face it we were hardly going to snap a field goal, we had no idea.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Proud of all the team, it was another real gutsy effort. We were the better for at least 75 minutes, but let Souths dominate for 5 minutes with some errors & shit refereeing.
In the end it was injuries that brought our season to an end. We were very lucky all season but copped it at the end when it most matters.

jeffdragon

Bench
I suspect that last tackle play was our all or nothing, they had nothing left after some heroic defence and knew they needed something special to get over the line. It didn't come off, the result was likely going to be the same, let's face it we were hardly going to snap a field goal, we had no idea.

Hes at his best when. He runs the ball.

Saints111

Juniors
I love my team, but you dont have to dikride them when they have nothing going on. There attack was hopeless, they defended with their lives on the line, fifth tackle options, nothing happening. I blame the halfback

rednwhites

Juniors
My advice to all is just try and not think about that game too much because I know from experience it will absolutely do your head in.

There are some decisions that need to be made at our club the next couple years. I think the last two weeks showed we have some finals credibility, and we are not going out ashamed of our team despite one glaring error.

We do need to be serious about righting this post origin dilemma. I have to hand it to Mary for getting the team up the last two weeks but 4 years straight we've sabotaged our season well before any finals were played. He seems to find a way of saving himself, and I suspect he gets his final year now. Not if I was running the joint.

brokendigit

Juniors
I think this has been overlooked somewhat: They forced Hunt to make 30 odd tackles, we made Reynolds make about 12. Massive difference in juice left in the final 10mins.
Solid tactics by Siebold.

rednwhites

Juniors
I love my team, but you dont have to dikride them when they have nothing going on. There attack was hopeless, they defended with their lives on the line, fifth tackle options, nothing happening. I blame the halfback

Fair enough. Second half didn't offer much in attack it is true. Can't argue with that.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I gotta stick up for Hunt here. He tried his guts out and you ca t blame him entirely for the loss.

Yep it wasnt his best kicking game tonight, but Souffs got a sniff and were up in our faces especially towards the end, and kept us in our half. We switched off and waited for them at the line which gave Reynolds the better field position to pot the 3 field goals.

There was a few dodgy calls that went Souffs way and they were allowed to play grubby by the refs. Inglis is a grub and it was his head that connected with Tariqs knee.

So all in all not entirely Hunts fault, it needs to be shared amongst the rest of the team and refs,

Saints111

Juniors
I gotta stick up for Hunt here. He tried his guts out and you ca t blame him entirely for the loss.

Yep it wasnt his best kicking game tonight, but Souffs got a sniff and were up in our faces especially towards the end, and kept us in our half. We switched off and waited for them at the line which gave Reynolds the better field position to pot the 3 field goals.

There was a few dodgy calls that went Souffs way and they were allowed to play grubby by the refs. Inglis is a grub and it was his head that connected with Tariqs knee.

So all in all not entirely Hunts fault, it needs to be shared amongst the rest of the team and refs,
He may off. But mate hes performance is certainly not worth 1 million dollars.

rednwhites

Juniors

I reckon the bloodthirsty media will give it to him for not being able to finish off that game but I really hope not. He's a bit of a fragile state of late and it would be nice to just see him get some space. Some things are bigger than a game of footy, even though it's a big one. He tried hard. Hopefully next year he can get it all right when it matters.

aquiin

Juniors
Good effort in a scrappy game at the end of a warm day.

Aside from losing Sims, that non trip call and bad end to the set changed the momentum of the game. We should have gone on with it and not given them a sniff.

I wish we went for the jugular and selected Robson. It was his sort of game late.