What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canelo V GGG

There were some close rounds but imo GGG deserved the decision,he was by far the more aggressive fighter while Alvarez just ran and back peddled due to the pressure applied for most of the fight.
The final decision was BS and another slap in the face for boxing and fight fans.

Willie Ray

Bench
I had it 6/5-- 1 even for GGG but I'm no professional judge.
Alvarez is De La Hoya's house fighter though.

shiznit

Coach
I had GGG win the first fight pretty well... I had him winning this one but only JUST...

I could definitely see how they could score it for Canelo...

It wasn’t a robbery though...

I had GGG win the first fight pretty well... I had him winning this one but only JUST...

I could definitely see how they could score it for Canelo...

It wasn’t a robbery though...
GGG landed more and actually hurt him. I know Canelo started well but GGG won more rounds easy on my card. Such a shame because it was a great fight

shiznit

Coach
GGG landed more and actually hurt him. I know Canelo started well but GGG won more rounds easy on my card. Such a shame because it was a great fight
I didn’t see the compubox numbers but from watching it in real time i didn’t think GGG out landed him greatly.

I think he definitely used the jab extremely effectively which is why I thought he won the fight...

But when you take into consideration the fact that Canelo was pushing the fight sometimes judges look at in favour of the aggressor.

Frankus

Juniors
Wasn’t a robbery but should have been a GGG win, 114-114 at worst. I had it 116-112.
Toughest rounds to score were 7,8 and 12th. I gave Golovkin rounds 1, 4,5 and 8-12. Even giving Canelo the 12th GGG still wins. Giving Canelo all the close rounds it’s a draw.

Golovkin didnt go to the body yet again. I don’t understand why. He needs to in the rematch