What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souffs Sydney nude video complaint

Chook Norris

First Grade
First world problems, a footy player showed her his dick in video chat.

The absolute horror of it all

I don't understand this comment and whether you're advocating for the player in question or not. It appears as though you're trivialising the situation.

Judgement of this situation has a lot to do with the context in which it was shared - specifically whether it was consensual or not.

What were your thoughts on the stories about Harvey Weinstein exposing himself to female actresses who simply did not consent? If you thought Weinstein was wrong yet you think *player* is innocent (even in the case of no consent) then you are a hypocrite.

Last edited by a moderator:

BranVan3000

Coach
Do you understand what confirmation bias is? Somehow the Daily Telegraph is unreliable but the SMH piece is a bastion of credibility?

I don't think Sam should miss the Prelim. That'd be ridiculous. But all Roosters fans are saying is that the Pearce ban - 8 weeks! - was even more ridiculous for a lesser act. So if they were to be consistent...

Fortunately for Souffs the NRL are the least consistent sporting body in the country.
I never made any claims about SMH being more credible, I just summarised some points their article added to the ongoing story.

You Roosters fans want to make this a comparable situation but it’s not. Especially as we don’t know how consensual it was. We now have the woman saying it wasn’t and the player saying it was. At this point in time it’s very much a “he said, she said” situation until the independent investigation concludes.

Pearce at the time of his penalty had a history of indiscretions, and that one night had a very black and white video of him acting like a dick, play f**king a dog, forcing a kiss on a non consenting woman and then the infamous “liney lines” text to cap it all off. Continually saying “this is worse” doesn’t make it so

Surely

Post Whore
I don't understand this comment and whether you're advocating for the player in question or not. It appears as though you're trivialising the situation.

Judgement of this situation has a lot to do with the context in which it was shared - specifically whether it was consensual or not.

What were your thoughts on the stories about Harvey Weinstein exposing himself to female actresses who simply did not consent? If you thought Weinstein was wrong yet you think *player* is innocent (even in the case of no consent) then you are a hypocrite.

I think the Harvey witch hunt was way over the top

Cockosh

Juniors
I guess that’s why half the posts in here are Easts fans. Because you want him to play
Most of the comments are from Easts fans because our entire 2016 season got flushed down the toilet because of the ridiculous punishment handed down to Pearce. Not defending him, He was a complete moron for doing what he did. I pay for 2 memberships each year and try to attend all games. I felt ripped off that year. Here we are 2years down the track and a similar incident bringing the game into disrepute. Let’s see what happens.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Most of the comments are from Easts fans because our entire 2016 season got flushed down the toilet because of the ridiculous punishment handed down to Pearce. Not defending him, He was a complete moron for doing what he did. I pay for 2 memberships each year and try to attend all games. I felt ripped off that year. Here we are 2years down the track and a similar incident bringing the game into disrepute. Let’s see what happens.
What'll happen is the NRL will probably award Sam with Husband & Father of the Year Awards at the Dally Ms.

And George will take out the other new category - Biggest Dick.

We can also be sure that if this was Mitchell Pearce at the Roosters there'd be full front page spreads every day, followed by ACA exclusives with interviews with women saying,

"I don't know Mitchell Pearce,
I've never met Mitchell Pearce
Or had any contact with him
But but... *breaks down*
I'm sorry, I can't go on!"

With Tracey Grimshaw replying,
"That's ok, your tears say more than real evidence ever could."

And Toddles would be watching at home getting all worked up and outraged; just twitching in the groin to dish out an overzealous punishment at the behest of his master - News Ltd.

Great Dissenter

Juniors
Of course there was a trial and then sentencing trial which took place in 2015 - at which point NRL followed up with their own punishment

Valheru was spot on. If the offender enters a guilty plea; there is no trial. The matter is committed for sentence (which occurs at a ‘hearing’ rather than ‘trial’). Auva’a entered a plea of guilty on 28 May 2014 and was sentenced in November of that year. Just a FYI.

Valheru

Coach
Just read the latest article from SMH. Andrew Webster claims that the offended woman has identified herself as a Roosters supporter. Gee, didn't see that one coming. She is currently on holidays overseas, the timing of which is purely coincidental I am sure.
Oh, and the player at the centre of the allegations is unlikely to be stood down for this weekend's game despite Roosters members and fans lobbying like crazy to try and make it happen. Sorry about that.

Yep you have figured out the conspiracy.

The roosters planted this chick back in May just in case we were to meet the rabbitohs in a big finals game. They even got her to send an email complaining about the event (which was responded to) and we then hacked the souths email account to ensure follow up emails went to the junk.

It was an elaborate plan but clearly we have to get up earlier in the morning to fool you guys.

Liddell

Juniors
What'll happen is the NRL will probably award Sam with Husband & Father of the Year Awards at the Dally Ms.

And George will take out the other new category - Biggest Dick.

We can also be sure that if this was Mitchell Pearce at the Roosters there'd be full front page spreads every day, followed by ACA exclusives with interviews with women saying,

"I don't know Mitchell Pearce,
I've never met Mitchell Pearce
Or had any contact with him
But but... *breaks down*
I'm sorry, I can't go on!"

With Tracey Grimshaw replying,
"That's ok, your tears say more than real evidence ever could."

And Toddles would be watching at home getting all worked up and outraged; just twitching in the groin to dish out an overzealous punishment at the behest of his master - News Ltd.

Only issue there is Kent/news ltd now thinks Pearce was treated harshly and what he did wasn’t that wrong and this is far worse.

Liddell

Juniors

Can we at least wait till the pics leak of this chick and we know what she looks like before we call the incidents similar?

Springs09

Juniors
Do you understand what confirmation bias is? Somehow the Daily Telegraph is unreliable but the SMH piece is a bastion of credibility?

I don't think Sam should miss the Prelim. That'd be ridiculous. But all Roosters fans are saying is that the Pearce ban - 8 weeks! - was even more ridiculous for a lesser act. So if they were to be consistent...

Fortunately for Souffs the NRL are the least consistent sporting body in the country.

How was it a lesser act? Pearce's was pretty clear harassment of a woman, with definitive video proof. The ban was ridiculous and whoever filmed it and sent it to the media is a dickhead, but all this Souths shit so far has been emails and screenshots and the rest is he did this or she said this.

Valheru

Coach

The most ridiculous thing about all this is that apparently everyone on here and in the media is now of the opinion Pearce was harshly treated which is in contrast to the posts and media commentary back in 2016. *edited*

Cockosh

Juniors
Amazingly, for something that has nothing to do with the Roosters, this incident has become all about the Roosters according to this thread.

The victim mentality is strong out Bondi way.
Nothing beats a good old souffs deflection. Nothing to do with easts, everything to do with consistency. Any way enough said. Hope he plays and brings his recent form with him.

Pommy

Coach
Nothing beats a good old souffs deflection. Nothing to do with easts, everything to do with consistency. Any way enough said. Hope he plays and brings his recent form with him.

Serious question do you even know what happened?
Because I’ve only heard it was a social media account of sams, what consistency is there to demand from that?

Tiger5150

Bench
Geez I wonder what he got to write this pr spin piece?
Ok she’s apparently a roosters fan so burgess must be exonerated?
Point me to where the roosters fans are lobbying like crazy. I’m across most roosters sites and haven’t seen it. Most comments are simply pointing out the glaring hypocrisy in treatment of Pearce even accounting for Webster’s spin. Like I said before it doesn’t sound like burgess did anything that requires punishment but neither did Pearce. This isn’t about Easts or Souths it’s about the nrl being consistent.

I'd suggest to you and your Sam loving correspondent that this isnt about East, Souffs or the NRL, its about a girl who was reportedly upset/offended by an adult man showing her his junk unsolicited.

Thats what its about end of story. If Souffs had addressed it back in May, may not be a story at this time. *Removed*

AJB1102

First Grade
its about a girl who was reportedly upset/offended by an adult man showing her his junk unsolicited.

No it's not. If it was about that it'd be handled by the cops. Its about a high profile RL player which is why its being handled by the media and NRL.

jack coburn

Juniors
What amazes me is that Souths are blaming everyone to deflect this. Fact is complaint was made and should have been dealt with there and then. Souths management ignores it hoping to go away. Why all of a sudden is there investigation now . Why didn’t they do it 4 months ago and get it out of the way.. if it’s anyone’s fault it’s souths management

Pommy

Coach
What amazes me is that Souths are blaming everyone to deflect this. Fact is complaint was made and should have been dealt with there and then. Souths management ignores it hoping to go away. Why all of a sudden is there investigation now . Why didn’t they do it 4 months ago and get it out of the way.. if it’s anyone’s fault it’s souths management

Souths claim they asked for details and never received them as they had gone to a junk folder.

1. The Club’s general enquiry email address received emails from an anonymous email address on 27 and 31 May 2018 about alleged lewd behaviour by a player over social media. The emails did not identify the player allegedly involved, nor did they identify the person making the complaint.

2. On 1 June, the Club replied through Football Operations and Player Wellbeing Manager Brock Schaefer confirming it would investigate the complaint, requesting further information regarding the alleged incident and asking for contact details for the person making the complaint.

3. The Daily Telegraph contacted the Club on the afternoon of Thursday, 13 September stating the Club had failed to respond to emails dated 5 June and 31 August regarding alleged lewd player behaviour.

4. Upon receipt of the information from The Daily Telegraph, the Club engaged an independent contractor to conduct an email system audit regarding the emails sent to Mr Schaefer on 5 June and 31 August. These emails, sent again from an anonymous address, were tagged as spam due to the sender’s unique email address. As per the Club’s junk email filter, these emails were subsequently routed to a junk mail folder and were not received or seen by Mr Schaefer.

5. Upon discovery and review of the emails on 13 September, the Club attempted to contact the complainant via an international phone number provided in these emails, but it was no longer in service. Again, the emails did not identify the player allegedly involved, nor did they identify the person making the complaint.

6. The Club contacted the person making the complaint again by email on 14 September 2018 and was provided with updated contact details by her.

7. Rabbitohs CEO Blake Solly has had a discussion with the person making the complaint this afternoon. Mr Solly gave her a commitment that the Club would undertake its investigation of the complaint with the utmost confidentiality and respect. The Club will deal with the complaint thoroughly and will move as quickly as it possibly can to conclude the investigation.

8. The Rabbitohs have appointed a panel of Commissioner Lea Drake (Independent), Karyn Murphy (NRL Integrity Unit) Nick Pappas (Rabbitohs Chairman), Emily Grant (Rabbitohs Head of Operations, People and Culture) and Mr Solly to investigate the complaint. Drake is the current Law Enforcement Conduct Commissioner for Integrity.

9. The above investigation will be undertaken in conjunction and co-operation with the NRL Integrity Unit.

10. The findings of the investigation will be thorough and transparent.