What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souffs Sydney nude video complaint

Valheru

Coach
Souths claim they asked for details and never received them as they had gone to a junk folder.

Suppose we believe the subsequent emails did go to a junk mail folder (Highly unlikely as it may be), don't you think the logical thing for souths to do would at the very least be to send a follow up email themselves and/or search this junk email folder just in case it was trapped there. One would assume that this couldn't be the first piece of legitimate mail to be caught in the filter.

TheFrog

Coach
No it's not. If it was about that it'd be handled by the cops. Its about a high profile RL player which is why its being handled by the media and NRL.
Police matter. If someone is charged and pleads or is found guilty, suspend them.

Great Dissenter

Juniors
Suppose we believe the subsequent emails did go to a junk mail folder (Highly unlikely as it may be), don't you think the logical thing for souths to do would at the very least be to send a follow up email themselves and/or search this junk email folder just in case it was trapped there. One would assume that this couldn't be the first piece of legitimate mail to be caught in the filter.

I concur. Questions should be asked of Brock Schaefer’s handling. It would appear that his mismanagement has caused SSFC and the NRL unnecessary damage.

Pommy

Coach

Perhaps or they just didn’t think too much of it, nobody named not even the complainant and then no follow up.
I don’t believe they actively chose to ignore it as anyone could see this result from a mile off.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Pearce at the time of his penalty had a history of indiscretions, and that one night had a very black and white video of him acting like a dick, play f**king a dog, forcing a kiss on a non consenting woman and then the infamous “liney lines” text to cap it all off. Continually saying “this is worse” doesn’t make it so

This gets conveniently ignored all the time from the apologists.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Maybe we've simply misinterpreted what the term "junk folder" means over at SSFC.

As upstanding citizens of high moral fibre, we in the East term it to mean where you send all your spam mail, etc.

But in Redfern - being an area of a more seedy nature - perhaps their "junk" folder is where all complaints of unsolicited dick pics are sent.

carcharias

Immortal
I think I heard Kent on triple M this morning
Saying this was being blown out of proportion.

A bloke sending a photo of his cock to a strange woman is ok
But a bloke showing his his cock to his mate is outrageous!!!

f**king idiot.

bileduct

Coach
What amazes me is that Souths are blaming everyone to deflect this. Fact is complaint was made and should have been dealt with there and then. Souths management ignores it hoping to go away. Why all of a sudden is there investigation now . Why didn’t they do it 4 months ago and get it out of the way.. if it’s anyone’s fault it’s souths management
Have you considered that the complaint might be bullshit?

M2D2

Bench
Lol Men have been getting rejected for centuries, lets get real here...
HAHAHAHA
He tried to plant one on her and promptly backed away when rejected. The woman in question didn't make a complaint against him to anybody as far as i am aware which is in contrast to the sam situation.
He didnt try. HE DID plant one on her.

Cockosh

Juniors
This gets conveniently ignored all the time from the apologists.
I don’t believe there is a single comment in here defending Pearce. Most are just making the point that both have equally bought the game into disrepute therefore similar sanctions should apply.
The other laughable thing is souffs fans trying to downplay the significance of souffs not addressing the complaint in May. Even allowing for “spam” email surely when someone makes such a claim against their players, whether they have named them or not, the club would immediately investigate given the potential consequences (now being realised). They clearly hoped it would blow over and they would sweep it under the carpet like Auvu, Arizona,Musgrove etc etc.

Pommy

Coach
I don’t believe there is a single comment in here defending Pearce. Most are just making the point that both have equally bought the game into disrepute therefore similar sanctions should apply.

Have you got anything to say Sam has actually done anything yet? Is there any proof this was actually not consensual?
Can we wait until facts are established before demanding sanctions?

Valheru

Coach
Have you got anything to say Sam has actually done anything yet? Is there any proof this was actually not consensual?

A player need not do anything illegal for the NRL to determine he has brought the game in to disrepute.

Pommy

Coach
Sam doesn't actually have to of done anything illegal for the NRL to determine he has brought the game in to disrepute.

But what has he done? So far its been established its his account nothing more than that.
Even if he has been sexting is that alone bringing the game in to disrepute? It needs to be established what exactly went on, there seems to be two possible stories if he was sexting.

The other laughable thing is souffs fans trying to downplay the significance of souffs not addressing the complaint in May. Even allowing for “spam” email surely when someone makes such a claim against their players, whether they have named them or not, the club would immediately investigate given the potential consequences (now being realised). They clearly hoped it would blow over and they would sweep it under the carpet like Auvu, Arizona,Musgrove etc etc.

Wow... You're so far removed from the facts, it's not funny...

The South Sydney Rabbitohs provide the following update regarding the investigation into claims made in today's media:

1. The Club's general enquiry email address received emails from an anonymous email address on 27 and 31 May 2018 about alleged lewd behaviour by a player over social media. The emails did not identify the player allegedly involved, nor did they identify the person making the complaint.
  2. On 1 June, the Club replied through Football Operations and Player Wellbeing Manager Brock Schaefer confirming it would investigate the complaint, requesting further information regarding the alleged incident and asking for contact details for the person making the complaint.
  3. The Daily Telegraph contacted the Club on the afternoon of Thursday, 13 September stating the Club had failed to respond to emails dated 5 June and 31 August regarding alleged lewd player behaviour.
  4. Upon receipt of the information from The Daily Telegraph, the Club engaged an independent contractor to conduct an email system audit regarding the emails sent to Mr Schaefer on 5 June and 31 August. These emails, sent again from an anonymous address, were tagged as spam due to the sender's unique email address. As per the Club's junk email filter, these emails were subsequently routed to a junk mail folder and were not received or seen by Mr Schaefer.
  5. Upon discovery and review of the emails on 13 September, the Club attempted to contact the complainant via an international phone number provided in these emails, but it was no longer in service. Again, the emails did not identify the player allegedly involved, nor did they identify the person making the complaint.
  6. The Club contacted the person making the complaint again by email on 14 September 2018 and was provided with updated contact details by her.
  7. Rabbitohs CEO Blake Solly has had a discussion with the person making the complaint this afternoon. Mr Solly gave her a commitment that the Club would undertake its investigation of the complaint with the utmost confidentiality and respect. The Club will deal with the complaint thoroughly and will move as quickly as it possibly can to conclude the investigation.
  8. The Rabbitohs have appointed a panel of Commissioner Lea Drake (Independent), Karyn Murphy (NRL Integrity Unit) Nick Pappas (Rabbitohs Chairman), Emily Grant (Rabbitohs Head of Operations, People and Culture) and Mr Solly to investigate the complaint. Drake is the current Law Enforcement Conduct Commissioner for Integrity.
  9. The above investigation will be undertaken in conjunction and co-operation with the NRL Integrity Unit.
  10. The findings of the investigation will be thorough and transparent.
https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/09/14/rabbitohs-update-regarding-claims-in-todays-media/

They made several attempts to contact the anonymous complainant via email and the number that she provided and couldn't get through to her.

How that equates to "not addressing the complaint" and "They clearly hoped it would blow over" is a mystery to me.

They received an email. They tried to act on it at the time and hit a brick wall. They were notified again later by the media and when they tried to contact the complainant, they again hit a brick wall when the number provided was no longer in service.

I would say that every effort has been made but through a litany of unfortunate events, contact couldn't be properly established.

Stop being an absolute peanut for five seconds and take some time to look at the facts before you shoot your mouth off half cocked and make yourself look like a moron.

Cockosh

Juniors
No I don’t. I’ve said all along let’s see what happens but if is as alleged he should get same punishment. I won’t hold my breathe waiting for greenburgess to be consistent

Valheru

Coach
But what has he done? So far its been established its his account nothing more than that.
Even if he has been sexting is that alone bringing the game in to disrepute? It needs to be established what exactly went on, there seems to be two possible stories if he was sexting.

Who knows? The NRL would have to determine that