What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If a player throws a ball deliberately into another player there will be a penalty

yobbo84

First Grade
There were a few times Cook had to hurdle blokes lying in the ruck the other night. The pass was going nowhere near De Belin, McInnes took a chance and it backfired. Regardless, they hit the lead after that penalty and should've iced the game from there.

AJB1102

First Grade
If there is an obstacle, such a bloke kneeling next to him, the dummyhalf has to pick the ball up then pass rather than doing it all in the 1 motion, only half a second difference but how long does it take a defensive line to move up?

There were a few times Cook had to hurdle blokes lying in the ruck the other night.

The pitfalls of the voluntary tackles and resulting quick play the ball Souths base their game around.

Bazal

Post Whore
This brings back memories of the Will Smith incident. Holy f**k that was horrendous.

A moments silence in remembrance of the fact that the Eels actually received a penalty for that.

Bill Harrigan would have sin binned Smith for that shit. RIP refs who used common sense on the field.

To be fair, Hollywood would have binned Smith for wearing an Eels jersey well before he got a chance to bin him for that farce

Tommy Smith

Referee
To be fair, Hollywood would have binned Smith for wearing an Eels jersey well before he got a chance to bin him for that farce
Haha I remember that game at Newcastle in 2002 well. I was in Cairns for a weekend trip watching it on a big screen. Many lols were had as Bill sent the 3rd and 4th Eel to the bin.

Life's Good

Coach
View attachment 23491

If you look at that picture, Murray is in front of where the ball is picked up. If he was a step further back the Dragons would have a case but that ball was clearly thrown forward into him. It hit him between his right shoulder.and his head.
That picture perfectly illustrates Murray was in his way as McInnes went to pass the ball(he’s clearly not in front of him at all & to suggest so means you should get you eyes checked, no disrespect intended). For McInnes to clear Murray requires him to be bolt upright & not pass from down low. For McIness to be bolt upright he has to stand up which gives time for the defence to move up - he’s disadvantaged, penalty us.

For what it’s worth I don’t mind the rule, it’s the application I’m annoyed about.

Jankuloski

Juniors
This should be called the Ennis rule. He was famous for throwing the ball at players, tripping over with hands outstreched plowing his sizeable chin into the ground.

In order for that never to happen again, we must endure moments like these. Dragons are right in theory, Souths in practice.

AJB1102

First Grade
This should be called the Ennis rule. He was famous for throwing the ball at players, tripping over with hands outstreched plowing his sizeable chin into the ground.

In order for that never to happen again, we must endure moments like these. Dragons are right in theory, Souths in practice.

Ennis was retired when the rule came in. He'll be remembered for being a sledging grub who won a comp with Cronulla and clapping at Raiders fans.

It's 100% gonna bethe legacy of Will Smith throwing it down into Luke (I think?) laying on his back.

_Johnsy

Referee
Ennis was retired when the rule came in. He'll be remembered for being a sledging grub who won a comp with Cronulla and clapping at Raiders fans.

It's 100% gonna bethe legacy of Will Smith throwing it down into Luke (I think?) laying on his back.
I actually thought Milford's was the worst, and by some margin.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Cronk's in SOO a coupla years or so ago was just as blatant, and really started the ball rolling for mine.