What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

El Diablo

Post Whore
Doesn't surprise me that people on an online forum would, plenty on here hate the AFL
I was talking about people Ive talked to in real life, and that I was surprised how many people down here at least have a small interest/curiosity in league
i've never met a real life Vicderpian that doesn't hate all other football codes

LineBall

Juniors
I know a few AFL fans I know personally are going to the Storm game. 1. Because the AFL is sold out 2. They cant stand both AFL teams and prefer the Storm game.

But thats only a few, maybe there's other Victorians that would feel the same.

We have a new girl working for us from Victoria. She basically said that Richmond and Collingwood are the least popular clubs for neutrals to support, and any Melbournite who's team has already been eliminated would most likely support an out of town team than those two. Just goes to show how many members each club has - not likely to be many neutrals at that game.

Valheru

Coach
Yes the AFL game is sold out thus people who missed out may go to the Storm game but I find it unlikely that anyone who wanted to go to the AFL game would want to not watch it at all. They are far more likely to go to the pub and watch both IMO. Storm have only hosted the 1 prelim at AAMI the same day as an AFL prelim at the MCG but the AFL game was an arvo start so what type of crowd turns up this week is anyone's guess.

I had purchased tickets for the Sydney game by about 10:02 this morning and the PAX was already over 3k which is triple the same time 2 weeks prior.

insert.pause

First Grade
I bought tickets to Storm game $30 each....a bloke was offered 4k by a radio station to give up his position in the line (he was first) to buy tickets to Collingwood v Richmond....he refused.

The difference between AFL and rugby league, for every passionate league fan there are 20-30 in the AFL....that is basically the difference between the supporters.
the difference is a lobotomy

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The AFL only sold out the 40k seats reserved for the members.

ALF and MCC areas remain, however will sell out to the public shortly.

Member areas look good for bunnies v roosters. I expect bunnies fans to just hammer the general public sales tomorrow and buy in roosters areas if needed.

Not trying to start an arguement, just feel the bunnies bandwagon is always a bit hungrier.

yobbo84

First Grade
Category 1 Reserved Seating - Rabbitohs {Limited Availability}
Rabbitohs Supporters {Single Seats Only}

Selling quick!

yobbo84

First Grade
Member areas look good for bunnies v roosters. I expect bunnies fans to just hammer the general public sales tomorrow and buy in roosters areas if needed.

Not trying to start an arguement, just feel the bunnies bandwagon is always a bit hungrier.

There are 2 or 3 more bays allocated to the Roosters than the Rabbitohs, from what I can tell. That, plus the SCGT members means that there should be more Roosters than Rabbitohs there.

Either way, it'll sell out by Wednesday, no doubt.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dumb comment without the Tv grant of $13m which comes from the NRL's majority revenue,which is the core of the argument,many clubs including the Sharks would be in real trouble.

And if the TV grant was $10mill but your fanbase was three times the size? You'd be much better off than you are now! Losing Thursday night and Fri night isnt going to drop the TV grant hugely, by some yes, but that some should be more than made up for if we could double our triple our fanbase.

Like we keep saying bigger TV deals are better for NRLHQ, bigger fanbases are better for clubs. Somehow we need to find a better balance, like AFL.

meltiger

First Grade
I know a few AFL fans I know personally are going to the Storm game. 1. Because the AFL is sold out 2. They cant stand both AFL teams and prefer the Storm game.

But thats only a few, maybe there's other Victorians that would feel the same.

I thought the same thing for the week 1 games but shit was I wrong. Friend did point out to me when we were chatting about it ‘how many stayed home and flicked between the two’

I’ll admit to being guilty of that, I watched the Storm game and kept an eye on the MCG scores.

In saying that. A prelim? I’d be at AAMI if not for Richmond. & I’m hardly the biggest Storm fan im the world.

Fingers crossed they go close to a sell out. They deserve it. Besides their on field performance over time they are popular enough down here that they should be able to get close to a sell out for a prelim.

meltiger

First Grade
Doesn't surprise me that people on an online forum would, plenty on here hate the AFL
I was talking about people Ive talked to in real life, and that I was surprised how many people down here at least have a small interest/curiosity in league

Nah. It’s not a big footy exclusive thing man.

There is still a strong % of people brainwashed into actively disliking the game.

It’s getting smaller, & the Storms footprint is rapidly expanding but there are still plenty in that group who unfortunately exist.

‘Heads up their arses’ ‘go back to go forward’ still common things you hear. Though I suspect they have their codes mixed up on the first one. Which isn’t all that surprising given many still refuse to admit they are completely different sports

big hit!

Bench
We have a new girl working for us from Victoria. She basically said that Richmond and Collingwood are the least popular clubs for neutrals to support, and any Melbournite who's team has already been eliminated would most likely support an out of town team than those two. Just goes to show how many members each club has - not likely to be many neutrals at that game.

least supported by neutrals but most supporters as individual clubs. neutrals will be watching because it's COL vs RIC. their roots are basically one and the same - born from working class feral slums - the only difference is the colour of the stripe(s). the supporters of each of these clubs know how alike they are and simply detest the other. the match up is the dream AFL fixture for a preliminary final. your essendons and carltons have big supporter bases, but tigers and magpies supporters are rabid and loud. f**k, even i will flick over after try conversions and during half time to check out the atmosphere.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Some of these fox sports articles are just unbelievable...saying there’s a dwindling crowd crisis. One even said
“The reaction came after a weekend where the AFL had sellout crowds for their finals, while the Sharks and Panthers attracted under 20,000 and the Rabbitohs and the Dragons under 50,000” i missed the mark where the second biggest crowd to a semi final in Sydney was a bad thing. Would they be writing these articles if gws and Gold Coast both hosted finals this weekend? F*** news Ltd bunch of dead child phone hackers.

guyver78

Juniors
Category 1 Reserved Seating - Rabbitohs {Limited Availability}
Rabbitohs Supporters {Single Seats Only}

Selling quick!

I cannot believe they gave those pricks more Category 1 bays for this game at Allianz on Saturday.

I know it's their home game but they don't have even half the supporters that we have.

General public will just have to start buying out their bays. I have a feeling it'll be a Red & Green majority stadium on Saturday night.

guyver78

Juniors
Who cares about AFL fellas it's a good sport I don't mind it but more NRL talk, latest PAX to both games anybody?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I cannot believe they gave those pricks more Category 1 bays for this game at Allianz on Saturday.

I know it's their home game but they don't have even half the supporters that we have.

General public will just have to start buying out their bays. I have a feeling it'll be a Red & Green majority stadium on Saturday night.
Are these the same supporters that pack out ANZ every home game?

Can I ask where they get their invisibility suits from?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Some of these fox sports articles are just unbelievable...saying there’s a dwindling crowd crisis. One even said
“The reaction came after a weekend where the AFL had sellout crowds for their finals, while the Sharks and Panthers attracted under 20,000 and the Rabbitohs and the Dragons under 50,000” i missed the mark where the second biggest crowd to a semi final in Sydney was a bad thing. Would they be writing these articles if gws and Gold Coast both hosted finals this weekend? F*** news Ltd bunch of dead child phone hackers.

One game at MCG got 70,000. A Sellout??

Pffft. Good crowd no doubt but dont try and make the NRL look bad by calling it a sell out.

If thats the close the Souths game was close a sellout.

Typical media with their negative press.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I thought the same thing for the week 1 games but shit was I wrong. Friend did point out to me when we were chatting about it ‘how many stayed home and flicked between the two’

I’ll admit to being guilty of that, I watched the Storm game and kept an eye on the MCG scores.

In saying that. A prelim? I’d be at AAMI if not for Richmond. & I’m hardly the biggest Storm fan im the world.

Fingers crossed they go close to a sell out. They deserve it. Besides their on field performance over time they are popular enough down here that they should be able to get close to a sell out for a prelim.

The other thing is too, its Slaters last game in Melbourne and possibly his last ever.

He's the most popular Storm player down there according to my Victorian mates.

If they can get close to 30k it'll be great.

Latest posts