What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moeen Ali claiming he was racially abused by Australian player.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Fine Twizzle:

The issue is whether someone called Ali, Osama. Your attacks on me are a smoke screen.

Did someone from the Aus cricket team call Ali "Osama"?

Why is the Aus cricketer not stepping forward to deny? I mean it matters Ali waited three years...

If it doesn't matter that the Aus cricketer is not stepping forward after 3 years... does it matter Ali waited three years to go public after the player X denied it in private?

This is a battle of logic. Insult me as you like. It isn't logical. In fact - I welcome it to prove my point.

This thread has seen many an attempt to tear strips off Ali's character - but now Bayliss has corroborated Ali's story.

Where the f is Lehmann's and Player X's current denial???????? Like they both don't know who player X is? What are they hiding from?

Am I going to Ali for these allegations? No. Do I think Ali has lost credibility? No. Do I believe them as fact? No.

But why isn't the accused stepping forward and saying no? I mean if Ali waited three years and that somehow is relevant... How long do we need to wait for the accussed (who knows who he is) to say that he didn't say it?

#cake - eat it too.

Why is noone DENYING THIS PUBLICLY?

All the accused has to say is "not guilty".

#Cake - eat it too

mozza91

Coach
Here's the abridged version for you high School Boy:

Ali complains in private to coaches 3 years ago but not in public media : didn't happen and credibility in doubt for waiting three years

Player X denies it 3 years ago in private but not prepared to step forward today in public to deny it : credibility in tact.

Yeahhh - its that simple. Taste it.
tl;dr

mozza91

Coach
That's not really as much of a surprise as you may have thought it'd be :)
Want some tips?

Always use ‘it is’ and ‘they are’ instead of ’it’s and ‘they’re’.

Also remember to write the question almost word for word as the first line of your answer.

ANTiLAG

First Grade

"dr" appears to be the common denominator for you here. ;)

Surprises me? Not.

You actually seem like a good bloke. But I ask you, doesn't Moeen?

Let keep things in perspective.

#shit happens. It doesn't make it right. But what is really going on here?

Does Moeen complaining (which Bayhliss has confirmed) at the time detract from his claim now?

Is Moeen even really the issue here? I don't think that he is, tbh.

And I don't think Moeen is even trying to start an issue about 3 years ago... to be totally honest...

He says Aussies are better post ball tampering than they were three years ago - and every Aussie wants to deny how bad it was three years ago...

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
"dr" appears to be the common denominator for you here. ;)

Surprises me? Not.

You actually seem like a good bloke. But I ask you, doesn't Moeen?

Let keep things in perspective.

#shit happens. It doesn't make it right. But what is really going on here?

Does Moeen complaining at the time detract from his claim now?
I don’t think I’ve ever heard him speak on camera. I’m not even following the story to be honest.

There’s a domestic one dayer on tomorrow so I thought I’d have a look at the cricket forum and be a smartarse.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I don’t think I’ve ever heard him speak on camera. I’m not even following the story to be honest.

There’s a domestic one dayer on tomorrow so I thought I’d have a look at the cricket forum and be a smartarse.
Do I think Tim Paine's CA side is better behaved than Michael Clarke's (or any side with Brad Haddin)? Yes.

That is Moeen's point. And yes - he may bring Steve Smith's side into it as well. Either way - he is saying Tim Paine's side is better behaved.

That is his point. People are far too rapt in the detail and denial to grasp what he is saying.

Moeen is not on an pro-Islam acceptance or Anti-Australian crusade imo.

Moeen knows he has earned more money from cricket than his talent merits. I seriously believe this. He also knows that racism is wrong. He's pretty laid back I find.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
And the West Indies are a lot nicer than they were 35 years ago......
Please. Malcolm informed Gatting nicely he could get himself out before he bowled bouncers around the wicket at him.

No melted butter in mouths there ;)

Polite as punch.

The real story about WI with Holding and Roberts before Malcolm was the silence in the field (bar incidents with Goodall in NZ 79/80). Stone cold silence. Eeerie silence. The silence became louder than words shouted.

Like - someone should say really something.... nopes - silence.

*crickets*

"Whispering death"...

Be weary of the quiet ones. No anger. No sympathy. Just ruthless. No pity nor compassion - widely despised for their tactics but they gave no verbal reason to disrespect.

WI played it beautifully. They played violently and physically while remaining polite. They were hated (at the time) for brutality yet remembered fondly for their manners. Dichotomy at its finest.

The batsmen didn't need to get ready for a broken arm, the previous retired hurt batsmen was at the hospital getting a cast...

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade

And yet for me, it's not even a point of pride as there's so many mediocre lawyers out there. ;)

LLB (hons), LLM award, heck all I'd need is a LLB so as to qualify for profs.

What do you do Meth? What are you qualified in?

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
it would seem so

Indeed. I have even worked for lawyers without an LLB (hons) - let alone an LLM award!

Any fool with a LLB can lawyer or even judge, it would seem. I agree with your sentiment.

What do you Meth, what are your qualifications?

Brain Surgeon? Rocket Scientist? You clearly don't appreciate defamation which any second law student would recognise... So I'm not going to guess law! (no offence).

If you simply want to be passive aggressive against me - that's okay. I really don't have much respect for you after my sig anyway. I think you're a neanderthal at best.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Like you, I'm not a lawyer
Like me?

Nah - see I'm not lying when I say I have a LLB (hons) and a LLM Award from UoA. I'm not lying when I say I passed Profs for law. Heck - I was even staff tutoring contract law there.

I can go further.

Bursary to a former G20 school for academics (Kings College if you care).

Runner up Dux King's Prep as well.

Prizes galore including a Social Justice prize at Auckland University.

See, I don't care if people agree with me. But to deny my qualifications - well - someone's in denial :)

So what do you Meth? What are you qualified in? Because my intellectual pedigree - well - it's qualified.

So what do you do Meth? Because it's clearly not law.

Latest posts