What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Valheru

Coach
Not disputing your figures Val, but all I know is that at 5PM this afternoon, I tried to get 8 tickets for Rabbitohs category 1. No luck. Cat. 2? No luck. Cat. 4? No luck. Supporters bays 37 & 38? No luck. I am now behind the goalposts, but I'll take that just to be there and soak up the atmosphere of the last sporting event at SFS (Allianz) .

Yeah mate that is what the fb page said a few hours ago although not sure how they come up with the statistic i.e. could be total transactions as opposed to total tickets, who knows.

Either way i think we are headed for something special on saturday. A full SFS with pretty close to a 50/50 split.

Hopefully the game lives up to the occasion.

Last edited:

yobbo84

First Grade
Yeah mayete that is what the fb page said a few hours ago although not sure how they come up with the statistoc i.e. could be total transactions as opposed to total tickets, who knows.

Either way i think we are headed for something special on saturday. A full SFS with pretty close to a 50/50 split.

Hopefully the game lives up to the occasion.
TBH i'm glad it's a prelim. I don't think I could emotionally handle a Souths vs Roosters GF.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
ticketek is selling seats for Melbourne cat three in the sharks bay. Ticketek fail, what could possibly go wrong ha

eddiesmith

Juniors
Because praising the Saturday crowd doesn’t push the narrative they want Tim. You know that

The three AFL finals that got over 90k were all Victorian affairs. Collingwood on Sat night, let’s be realistic. The Giants would have brought at max 1 or 2k. No one gives a shit about them up there, it’s no different down here.

I dont know why people (particularly the media) want to compare the two sports constantly. They simply have different cultures around attendance. Doesn’t make one more popular than the other.

One thing RL does do right is the crowd split. AFL has fans spread out all over the ground. On Friday you might have say 2 Richmond bays then a few Collingwood bays then Richmond again. Watching Sat night it really stood out having all the bays to the right of the tv camera (least on the sideline) Saints bays and to the left Souffs bays. It looked awesome and the atmosphere at ground level would have been great.

Yep, same on Friday night, clear distinction between Sharks and Panthers. I know they don’t expect many, but I hate how Storm have the Sharks shunted away in a corner this week, only difference from normal H&A is there were 4 bays instead of 1

MCG is a lot harder as there are th AFL and MCC members sections but on Friday night behind the goals between those 2 is all Collingwood supporter bays which should be good

Was funny last week with just 3 rows behind 1 goal orange, rest of ground black and white

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Got my tickets to the Melbourne Sharks game online yesterday.

Can't give you a PAX as they haven't been "delivered" yet???

Are they really expecting scalping to occur?
Nah ticketek just being so slow due to AFL tickets too, you may need to redownload from your orders section online.

greenBV4

Bench
Got my tickets to the Melbourne Sharks game online yesterday.

Can't give you a PAX as they haven't been "delivered" yet???

Are they really expecting scalping to occur?
I got mine on Sunday and havn't received them yet, not available to download under order history yet either

greenBV4

Bench
Something I've noticed is that the Storm are usually really good with marketing and promotion for games, usually with plenty of emails and social media posts with reasons to go such as any milestone's, pre-game stuff, etc

But for the finals there has been a lot less. Its Slater's final game in Melbourne and possibly his last game ever, Hoffy's too if he plays, but I think It's hardly been mentioned.

I guess that's because it's the NRLs job to market the finals and not the individual clubs

meltiger

First Grade
Was funny last week with just 3 rows behind 1 goal orange, rest of ground black and white

Was the same at last years prelim. Handful of rows directly behind the goal, and one other bay similar. 94,000 and the best estimate is they brought about 3k that night. Joke of a ‘club’

With AAMI on Friday, it’s not inconsistent with what they always do. always the sideline bays in line with the in goal. Little bit different. 90% of the crowd will be supporting Melbourne. Still looks great, the one that stands out to me was the year the Cowboys beat em. We were sideline in the western stand, Cowboys had the away bay at the Eastern river end that night. They were going ballistic during the second half, almost everyone of them seemed to have a flag heaps of noise. May not have shown up on tv but inside the ground it looked fantastic.

guyver78

Juniors
According to roosters facebook page the member ticket purchases today were 54/46 in favour of chooks members.

LOL and of course they're not biased at all on the Roosters facebook page.

All and all I wouldn't mind if that was true and the stadium was packed to capacity :) the more the better.

I don't say this often but this game deserves a sellout, last ever game at the SFS in it's current state and what a game it will be. I remember going to both Rabbitohs and Roosters home games there as a kid in the late 1980's early 1990's before we developed this good old fashioned rivalry over the last 15 years or so LOL

Mate I don't know how old you are but for those old enough to remember this, traditionally Rabbitohs and Roosters fans never really hated each other, in fact supporters from both sides actually supported the other side when their own team was out. The whole book of feuds thing only developed in the last 15 years or so and i think it's good for the game :)

Anyway regardless of what the real figures are, there will be upwards of 25K Souths supporters there and you guys traditionally turn up to the game against us at the SFS which is good.

You guys are generally really disappointing when the game is played at ANZ but traditionally you do turn up in decent numbers against us at the SFS.

Latest posts