What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jordan Periera Signs For A Further Two Years

getsmarty

Immortal
DRAGONS

Dragons re-sign Jordan Pereira
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 19 Sep 2018, 09:10 AM

St George Illawarra winger Jordan Pereira has re-signed with the Dragons for a further two seasons.

The off-contract Pereira will now be with the Dragons until at least the end of the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

The 25-year-old made his NRL debut back in Round 19 against the North Queensland Cowboys and remained in first grade until the Dragons' semi-finals elimination, finishing with nine games to his name.

The New Zealand-born Pereira has lived in Samoa, Perth and Mackay on his way to the NRL, and said it meant the world to him to re-sign with the Red V.

"Five years ago I was playing park footy. Now I have to pinch myself considering I'm playing with the likes of Jack de Belin, Tyson Frizell, Ben Hunt and Gareth Widdop. It's definitely a blessing," Pereira said, who joined the Dragons midway through last season.

"It's really good news for my fiancé and I to add that stability and security to our future. Being here gives us that extra bit of happiness. We wanted to stay and the two extra pre-seasons will be so beneficial to me, particularly for my development.

"I'm very happy to be running around in first grade now and it's definitely something I don't want to give up. I'm very proud to be representing this club and hopefully there's more NRL games to come."

Dragons Director of Rugby League Pathways and List Management Ian Millward said Pereira was the perfect example of hard work paying off.

"We have rewarded Jordan for his step up into first grade. He's very mature for his age and with another two pre-seasons under his belt, his efforts will become even greater," Millward said.

"He's a focused individual who appreciates the environment he's in, but also understands what he's here for. He's played quite a few first grade games now and it's really pleasing to see his hard work pay off and for him to take his chances.

"He's going to become a player who will continue to blossom and one we can continue to rely on in the NRL team."

Pereira joins the likes of Cameron McInnes, Matt Dufty, Zac Lomax, Jeremy Latimore Luciano Leilua, Joe Lovodua and Josh Kerr to extend their stay at the Dragons this season.

They will be joined by Brisbane Broncos prop Korbin Sims who signed a three-year deal with the Dragonsin July.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/09/19/dragons-re-sign-jordan-pereira/

Bench
I watched him play in the ISP and I thought he would make it in first grade. He runs hard and is safe under the bombs.
It is great that he has a further two years with us. He has his spot on the wing and he will only get better with a pre season under his belt

getsmarty

Immortal
Pereira earns new deal after breakout season
Dragons Den
r0_0_3004_2136_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

STAYING PUT: Dragons winger Jordan Pereira has earned a two-year contract extension with the club. Picture: AAP
HE proved one of the finds of the season and Dragons winger Jordan Pereira has earned a fitting reward, re-signing with the club for a further two years, keeping him at the club until the end of 2020.

The 25-year-old made his NRL debut Round 19 against North Queensland Cowboys and kept his spot for the remainder of the Dragons campaign that ended in a semi-final defeat the Rabbitohs last week.

New Zealand-born Pereira now shapes as the likely long-term replacement for Jason Nightingale who called time on his distinguished career this season.

"Five years ago I was playing park footy,” Pereira said.

“Now I have to pinch myself considering I'm playing with the likes of Jack de Belin, Tyson Frizell, Ben Hunt and Gareth Widdop.

“It's definitely a blessing. It's really good news for my fiancé and I to add that stability and security to our future.

“Being here gives us that extra bit of happiness. We wanted to stay and the two extra preseasons will be so beneficial to me, particularly for my development.

"I'm very happy to be running around in first grade now and it's definitely something I don't want to give up. I'm very proud to be representing this club and hopefully there's more NRL games to come."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...earns-new-deal-after-breakout-season/?cs=3713