What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

Fangs

Coach
Despite showing how much of a weapon Blake is. I can't see how Yeo and Whare can stay together. Maybe Yeo to lock or DWZ at centre over Blake if we find a winger

I was a fan of the Yeo to lock move for that one game earlier this year. He isn't as dynamic as other backrowers and he has the motor and defense to play in the middle. If CHN was still here I'd be in favour of that (Or Bryce if he had kept improving...sad story so far).

Other option for backrow could be Tyrone May. They guy isn't going to get smaller and I'm not sure where his position is. The club has mentioned lock already.

Could end up like Wade Graham playing on an edge...Graham made the permanent switch in 2013 when he was 22 years old, same age May is now. With that said Graham had played a lot more first grade and wasn't recovering from an ACL injury like May is.

franklin2323

Immortal
I was a fan of the Yeo to lock move for that one game earlier this year. He isn't as dynamic as other backrowers and he has the motor and defense to play in the middle. If CHN was still here I'd be in favour of that (Or Bryce if he had kept improving...sad story so far).

Other option for backrow could be Tyrone May. They guy isn't going to get smaller and I'm not sure where his position is. The club has mentioned lock already.

Could end up like Wade Graham playing on an edge...Graham made the permanent switch in 2013 when he was 22 years old, same age May is now. With that said Graham had played a lot more first grade and wasn't recovering from an ACL injury like May is.

Assuming we keep the same 30 man squad. I'd get Luai working in FB over the offseason even if just opposed sessions. Look at Keighran as a centre so we have options should we need them.

At this stage I'd have the pack as:

JFH
??
Grant ( 1st stint is good so don't bring him back.
Kikau
??
Yeo

RCG
Tamou
Leota
May

I guess we see what roster moves happen. Bulking May up to move him into the forwards ideally too

Bob

Juniors
Assuming we keep the same 30 man squad. I'd get Luai working in FB over the offseason even if just opposed sessions. Look at Keighran as a centre so we have options should we need them.

At this stage I'd have the pack as:

JFH
??
Kikau
??
Yeo

RCG
Tamou
Leota
May

I guess we see what roster moves happen. Bulking May up to move him into the forwards ideally too

JFH
Egan
Kikau
Yeo
Martin

RCG
Tamou
Leota
May

Agree about Keighran, like what I’ve seen from him

franklin2323

Immortal
JFH
Egan
Kikau
Yeo
Martin

RCG
Tamou
Leota
May

Agree about Keighran, like what I’ve seen from him

Martin does look good. I am a Whare fan but a centre with some play making skill is a must imo.

I agree with Grant. Start him for 30mins... RCG the rest. Barring injury Keep him on the bench

mxlegend99

Referee
“For at least 2019”

Gee, it’s great we’ve got a clear direction...
Im just glad we arent guaranteeing his future. He's unproven as a coach and could very well be worse than Hook.

Theres no doubt the players love him and he's willing to learn and work with others. But he might not be up to it.

Im just glad we arent guaranteeing his future. He's unproven as a coach and could very well be worse than Hook.

Theres no doubt the players love him and he's willing to learn and work with others. But he might not be up to it.

The better course would be to appoint a full time coach going forward. It seems like we’re appointing an interim or L plate coach.

We have a squad that’s on the verge of a premiership, we can’t afford not to have a clear direction.

betcats

Referee

Seems like they are going after Ivan pretty hard, get him to sign for 2021 and pressure the tigers to release him.

mxlegend99

Referee
The better course would be to appoint a full time coach going forward. It seems like we’re appointing an interim or L plate coach.

We have a squad that’s on the verge of a premiership, we can’t afford not to have a clear direction.
I think we're appointing a coach we know will happily revert to assistant coach when/if Ivan is released early.

TheFrog

Coach
Gus on his podcast says Ciraldo will be coach and saying if the club is chasing Cleary it has nothing to do with him. Smell a rat. He is the GM of football. Of course it would have something to do with him.

Gus on his podcast says Ciraldo will be coach and saying if the club is chasing Cleary it has nothing to do with him. Smell a rat. He is the GM of football. Of course it would have something to do with him.

He knows the score.
A bit of deflecting there in case the proverbial hits the fan over the Summer should Ivan come early.
Gould can raise his hands and say "Nothing to do with me"

tripster

Juniors

We have all learned by now that you can’t trust a word that Gus says. You can only observe what Gus does.

franklin2323

Immortal

Of course he knows. No way anything happens without his say so. Don't want to get another trial game argument again

Abacus

Juniors
I'd be very disappointed if we came out publicly (again) saying that we're hoping Ivan will break his Tigers contract. It was amateurish from the club first time around - it would be indefensible to do it a second time.

What the club is doing now is what should have happened when Griffin was terminated.

OldPanther

Coach
I'd be very disappointed if we came out publicly (again) saying that we're hoping Ivan will break his Tigers contract. It was amateurish from the club first time around - it would be indefensible to do it a second time.

What the club is doing now is what should have happened when Griffin was terminated.

They never actually said that the first time.

Abacus

Juniors
They never actually said that the first time.
Fair enough.

Although they did tell the current coach he'd not be required for 2019, the club (Gus from memory) stated there was a preferred candidate and it was discovered to be Cleary when he advised the Tigers. So the club in fact gave every indication, publicly, that the club wanted Cleary to break his Tigers contract.

Better?

OldPanther

Coach
Fair enough.

Although they did tell the current coach he'd not be required for 2019, the club (Gus from memory) stated there was a preferred candidate and it was discovered to be Cleary when he advised the Tigers. So the club in fact gave every indication, publicly, that the club wanted Cleary to break his Tigers contract.

Better?

Yeah. Don't mean to be pedantic.