What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

OldPanther

Coach
No offense taken.

Argueing with Tigers fans on reddit this morning so getting caught up in the details. They're happy to sign our halfback for 2020 ( that we've developed over the last 5 years) but how dare we sign their coach for 2021.

Abacus

Juniors
Argueing with Tigers fans on reddit this morning so getting caught up in the details. They're happy to sign our halfback for 2020 ( that we've developed over the last 5 years) but how dare we sign their coach for 2021.
Yeah, well from 1 November they can offer Nathan a deal. Although may be too late by then. :p

OldPanther

Coach
Gus is well aware of the push for Cleary but is definitely a push from the Board. Dave O'Neill is the one that really wants Cleary back.

Bit odd to get a coach back on friendship status. Though I do rate Ivan.

Any word on Nathan re-signing? So far we only have media speculation.

Bob

Juniors
Gus is well aware of the push for Cleary but is definitely a push from the Board. Dave O'Neill is the one that really wants Cleary back.
On his 6 tackles with Gus podcast he gave me the impression he would rather stick with Ciraldo, I don't think he is all that fussed on Ivan

OldPanther

Coach
Gus said on his podcast hopes for Friday

Yeah that's why I'm taking the article with a grain of salt until it's official and why I was seeing if Daz had heard anything.

On his 6 tackles with Gus podcast he gave me the impression he would rather stick with Ciraldo, I don't think he is all that fussed on Ivan

That's going to be an interesting working relationship if it happens.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
I hope the completion for the fullback spot pushes Edwards to a new level. I know he works very hard but he might have to start the pre season early or something like that to compete with DWZ's kamikaze style.
Nathan will re-sign I just don't know when. Could be as early as this week.
Any idea on the money he'll be on?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Why though? if we had wingers sorted would that change what you think?

Edwards is out best Fullback.

Mansour and DWZ are our best Wingers.

Why wouldn’t you pick them in those positions. Edwards was having a great season before he did his shoulder. Some people have short memories.

Edwards is out best Fullback.

Mansour and DWZ are our best Wingers.

Why wouldn’t you pick them in those positions. Edwards was having a great season before he did his shoulder. Some people have short memories.
Was a question and I do think the same at this point but DWZ's best game at fullback is still ahead right now

Flashstep

Juniors
Going forward the club has to decide who our fullback will be now and in the future, because sooner or later teams will offer either DWZ/Edwards bigger money and a fullback spot.

Personally I think we should give DWZ a shot at the start of next year, he stepped up big time as a fill in this year and it's not the first time in his career either, if he has a full pre-season training at fullback with a good coach I think he will develop into an even better player. If he falls flat say after 8 or 9 weeks give the spot back to Edwards.

We can put Edwards on the wing as well, he has the same attributes as DWZ but DWZ is just a little ahead in my eyes plus and also has more experience as well which our spine sorely needs. Edwards on the wing also gives our back line more speed and a great ball runner and tackle breaker.

Last edited:

unKwn

Juniors
Going forward the club has to decide who our fullback will be now and in the future, because sooner or later teams will offer either DWZ/Edwards bigger money and a fullback spot.

Personally I think we should give DWZ a shot at the start of next year, he stepped up big time as a fill in this year and it's not the first time in his career either, if he has a full pre-season training at fullback with a good coach I think he will develop into an even better player. If he falls flat say after 8 or 9 weeks give the spot back to Edwards.

We can put Edwards on the wing as well, he has the same attributes as DWZ but DWZ is just a little ahead in my eyes plus and also has more experience as well which our spine sorely needs. Edwards on the wing also gives our back line more speed and a great ball runner and tackle breaker.
while dwz might be a better runner, who has the better ballplaying skills? we need a FB who can get those passes away and finish off those plays to get nice tries. I think Edwards wins in that department. from what I've heard he was brought in as a HB so he might have some prior ball playing skills that a good coach could unlock in the pre season