What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Ivan to Penrith for 2019

Tiger Ted

Bench
Lol I’ll leave when Ivan leaves
U can have him & it’s obvious that his job @ Concord is untenable so I’m expecting common sense to prevail with our administration when they allow him to break contract & return to b a subordinate of Gus soon.

There r plenty of coaches with better CV’s than Ivan who r currently without a job & I was hoping we’d sign one of them preferably Madge as soon as I’d heard about the meeting between O’Neill & the defective bus driver.

Ivan will b a good fit at penrith(assuming Gould doesn’t aggravate him) coz his strength is ur weakness & vice versa ie he will improve ur glaring defensive weaknesses & luckily u have such a brilliant attacking side that his illiteracy re attacking football will b irrelevant re ur talented squad.

Hopefully we meet in a GF while Ivan is coaching although I doubt it coz the pressure on him coaching Penrith will get the better of him not to mention that he is an over-rated coach.

Perth Tiger

Bench
IF we didn't have a guy like Ciraldo who was happy to go back to being an assistant it wouldn't be a great spot for us. But given the relationship between Ivan and Cameron and what has been said it seems he will be more than happy with just a caretaker role until Ivan arrives.

Our premiership window will continue, our all junior teams went very well this season there is plenty more talent at Penrith. Meanwhile keeping Ivan for two years gives him two years to recruit your most talented players to Penrith. Imaigne the media after your first run of bad form in that situation, they would be savage.

If he is happy being an assistant then he knows he isn't ready to be a head coach which means you are wasting 2 years.

Junior success doesn't mean much for NRL success. Unless you have turned fully into a Roosters clone then it won't be long before you are having to shed players like Blake, JFH or others who will demand big money and be in demand when they are off contract, there is no guarantee their replacements with be up to the same standard.

What talented players! we don't have anyone who isn't easily replaceable on the market. The only player we couldn't replace was Teddy who has already left.

Who cares about the media, they pile on any club in a losing streak. Same can be said about the panthers when they start losing. Worrying about the media is the last thing the club would give a shit about.

betcats

Referee
U can have him & it’s obvious that his job @ Concord is untenable so I’m expecting common sense to prevail with our administration when they allow him to break contract & return to b a subordinate of Gus soon.

There r plenty of coaches with better CV’s than Ivan who r currently without a job & I was hoping we’d sign one of them preferably Madge as soon as I’d heard about the meeting between O’Neill & the defective bus driver.

Ivan will b a good fit at penrith(assuming Gould doesn’t aggravate him) coz his strength is ur weakness & vice versa ie he will improve ur glaring defensive weaknesses & luckily u have such a brilliant attacking side that his illiteracy re attacking football will b irrelevant re ur talented squad.

Hopefully we meet in a GF while Ivan is coaching although I doubt it coz the pressure on him coaching Penrith will get the better of him not to mention that he is an over-rated coach.

Good then everyone is happy.

betcats

Referee
If he is happy being an assistant then he knows he isn't ready to be a head coach which means you are wasting 2 years.

Junior success doesn't mean much for NRL success. Unless you have turned fully into a Roosters clone then it won't be long before you are having to shed players like Blake, JFH or others who will demand big money and be in demand when they are off contract, there is no guarantee their replacements with be up to the same standard.

What talented players! we don't have anyone who isn't easily replaceable on the market. The only player we couldn't replace was Teddy who has already left.

Who cares about the media, they pile on any club in a losing streak. Same can be said about the panthers when they start losing. Worrying about the media is the last thing the club would give a shit about.

Ok well I just see it as an untenable position for a club, keeping a coach who'd rather be elsewhere and will be in two years.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Ok well I just see it as an untenable position for a club, keeping a coach who'd rather be elsewhere and will be in two years.
I would call it difficult but manageable.

And definitely preferable than being known as the piss poor whipping boy of the league which is what we will be if we meekly roll over.

axl rose

Bench

Gould has even said that himself referring to Bennett staying another year at the Broncos while someone else is lined up for 2020. What a merkin.

Abacus

Juniors
You don't think it also puts the Panthers in a shit position.

Tigers can easily appoint a GM to handle all contracting arrangements with Ivan solely there to coach the first grade team. Could even appoint a coach next year from 2021 as well like Madge, giving him a couple of years coaching the Kiwis and development relationships with elite talent, which would give him time to focus on putting junior structures or campaigning for talent to sign in 2021.

Meanwhile the Panthers waste 2 years while they are in their 'Premiership window' with a caretaker coach.

If Tigers maintain a strong approach we can and should use this to our advantage to either get a kings ransom in money or players from the panthers or to take our time and find the right replacement rather than having to scramble and accept anyone who applies
Ivan won't be at the Tigers for 2 years.

If Tigers appoint a Maguire or Toovey from 2021, the club needs to recruit players to suit that coach's style and the sooner the players start playing that style, the better for the Tigers. Given both those coaches (and any potential candidate) are available now, Tigers may as well cut their losses and move on.

Panthers meanwhile continue their long term plans with Ciraldo commencing preseason until Ivan returns to Penrith by 2020 preseason at the latest.

Tiger05

First Grade

I don't see the problem. I assume that Ivan will do the best job he can each year that he is here. His recruitment hasn't been good anyway.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I don't see the problem. I assume that Ivan will do the best job he can each year that he is here. His recruitment hasn't been good anyway.
Very poor recruitment 05.
Packer,Matalino,Fonua....too many to list on here.
Cleary is a rebuild coach and has NEVER won a competition.
Let him go after 2019...with compo from Gusset and The Riffsters of course.:thumbsup_tone2:....he’s overrated and I don’t see us finishing any higher in 2019 than about 10th.

super_coach

First Grade
I have no problems with Cleary coaching us for two years than jumping ship, but it would appear this saga is causing us grief in the recruitment market and that is a big problem.

So we need to put this saga to bed for ever and that can only be done by doing a deal with Penrith and finding a new coach quick smart

Das Hassler

Bench

Here's something that's an untenable situation. ..that your club had become a rolling comedy routine. ..your " one size fits all things guru" throws Ivan out (who he'd declared was for sure the man for the long term) ....hires Griffin to fix his mistake declaring him "THE man we need to do the job". ...sacks him declaring he's a man who can't do the job. ...then engineers a move to fix his mistake by coming up with a scheme to poach formally sacked Ivan (who has shown a tendency for tiredness in your colours) from the club who threw him a lifeline and HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG OR UNETHICAL IN THIS for no other reason but to secure his son at the club and take the heat off himself for his previous multimillion dollar blunders ..Panthers pulling this stunt to make Ivan's coaching at WT in '19 """"untenable"""" puts you just ahead of the traditional currupt lowlifes of the NRL but the circus you've created in the way youve gone about it and the entirely implausible shit that comes out of 4 chins mouth puts you firmly at No.1 with fkn daylight second on the NRL comedy channel....you're a backflipping hilarious joke of a club....you werent once but you are now ..there's your untenable situation

Last edited:

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Here's something that's an untenable situation. ..that your club had become a rolling comedy routine. ..your " one size fits all things guru" throws Ivan out (who he'd declared was for sure the man for the long term) ....hires Griffin to fix his mistake declaring him "THE man we need to do the job". ...sacks him declaring he's a man who can't do the job. ...then engineers a move to to fix his mistake by coming up with a scheme to poach formally sacked Ivan (who has shown a tendency for tiredness in your colours) from the club who threw him a lifeline and HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG OR UNETHICAL IN THIS for no other reason but to secure his son at the club...Panthers pulling this stunt to make Ivan's coaching at WT in '19 """"untenable"""" puts you just ahead of the traditional currupt lowlifes of the NRL but the circus you've created in the way youve gone about it and the entirely implausible shit that comes out of 4 chins mouth puts you firmly at No.1 with fkn daylight second on the NRL comedy channel....you're a backflipping hilarious joke of a club....you werent once but you are now ..there's your untenable situation
Love your work Das:thumbsup_tone2:
I use to like Panthers(minus 4 chins) but now they sit alongside Rorters as my most hated

Tiger Woody

Juniors
So if Both Clearys sign for The Riff does that mean they now have 6 chins?
Nathan is not worth 1 mill...couldn’t even kick a field goal when under pressure last week:rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

Das Hassler

Bench
Here's another little Mr Feelgood for the 4 chins Empire.....Brent Read mentioned yesterday that WT was by far the most strongly supported of all Sydney based clubs....the "friends and relatives" crowd against the sharks pretty much says it all as far as any meaningful definition of greatness

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Here's another little Mr Feelgood for the 4 chins Empire.....Brent Read mentioned yesterday that WT was by far the most strongly supported of all Sydney based clubs....the "friends and relatives" crowd against the sharks pretty much says it all as far as any meaningful definition of greatness
yeah saw that..
best supported club outside nsw..
Only storm,cowboys and Broncos in front.....surprised me..i thought eels would be tops

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I would rather run stone motherless last than have Gould anywhere our club.He is a self promoting egotistical moron.

You know I always liked Penrith, a club built by battlers who climbed to the top of the mountain a few times and a club who built a lot of success around their junior base..but since Gus the Gob has taken charge everything is gone out the window and now they are a clone of the Chooks

should put a hit on 4 chins...lol
sure lots would do it for free.
Would be a hard target to miss