What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Middle 8’s

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Indeed. Better the devil you know and the grass isn’t always greener and all that.

Widnes are a deadman walking club in super league. They’ve been struggling for years and bizarrely as it sounds relegation from super league will be good for them.

Pommy

Coach
Indeed. Better the devil you know and the grass isn’t always greener and all that.

Widnes are a deadman walking club in super league. They’ve been struggling for years and bizarrely as it sounds relegation from super league will be good for them.

I have no idea of the clubs finances but can they take it?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I have no idea of the clubs finances but can they take it?
Not sure if Widnes have any debt but if they get shot of all their big earners and replace them with a few of their academy players and a few seasoned players from the lower leagues they should be alright. They’ll easily be one of the best supported clubs in the championship. Even more so if they are near the top.

jim_57

Staff member
Looking very likely at least one of Toronto, Toulouse or London will be promoted unless Widnes or Halifax go on a dream run. Also very unlikely more than 1 of those will get promoted, but either of the 3 would be a good name to have in SL. I'm cheering for Toulouse!

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Looking very likely at least one of Toronto, Toulouse or London will be promoted unless Widnes or Halifax go on a dream run. Also very unlikely more than 1 of those will get promoted, but either of the 3 would be a good name to have in SL. I'm cheering for Toulouse!
Toronto would be huge for the sport imo. Could open up a new potentially massive market in North America while Toulouse would be huge for French RL and the French National team in particular. London just seem to be lacking super league quality both on and off the pitch. They have a tiny ground and their talented and highly successful academy production line keeps being raided by super league teams which is a worry and will only stop if they get promoted.

My money is on Toronto to win promotion this year and Toulouse the year after.

40685634_1835254983267785_7707704354706292736_n.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Big win for the mighty Robins and a great crowd following by the red and white army. Was a real roller coaster of a game but we hung on at the end. That's our 3 hardest games done. You watch we'll now lose to the others lol.

deluded pom?

Coach
Big win for the mighty Robins and a great crowd following by the red and white army. Was a real roller coaster of a game but we hung on at the end. That's our 3 hardest games done. You watch we'll now lose to the others lol.
I have my fingers crossed.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Important win for Leeds over Salford 18-16
Rovers v London and Toronto v Toulouse critical games this weekend.

deluded pom?

Coach
Judging from what I read TWP got lucky. Who do you reckon will be in the million pound game?
Difficult to predict. TWP have to play Widnes and Leeds. They have to win at least one. TO play Hull KR and Salford. A big ask to win one of those. London have to play Halifax and Salford. I expect them to beat Halifax. I’m going for TWP v London Broncos.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He's got
Apparently TWP forward Jack Bussey tried to chew a TO player’s ear off and it wasn’t seen by any of the officials!
He's got 10 weeks for it! How he didn't get a red card considering it was really clear and they have the advantage of VR at the game I don't know!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Another exciting weekend where the top three could go a long way to securing their SL status next year. Whilst its a nightmare being in it there is no doubting the qualifiers bring excitement and interest to the end of the year for clubs who would otherwise be cruising to lower table safe mediocrity next year.

London v Salford
Toulouse v Hull KR
Toronto
v Widnes
Halifax v Leeds

Untitled.png

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Good point - I get the lack of interest in the Super 8's but they should definately consider retaining the middle 8's it is very exciting.

Another exciting weekend where the top three could go a long way to securing their SL status next year. Whilst its a nightmare being in it there is no doubting the qualifiers bring excitement and interest to the end of the year for clubs who would otherwise be cruising to lower table safe mediocrity next year.

London v Salford
Toulouse v Hull KR
Toronto
v Widnes
Halifax v Leeds

View attachment 23579

Latest posts