What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 NSWRL Senior Comps - ISP, Flegg, RMC, Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Ngangarra Barker, who played for Asquith SS in the first half of 2018, and Barry McGrady, who previously played for Peninsula SS, both scored tries in Kurri Kurri's 38-18 loss to Lakes United in the Newcastle 1st grade Preliminary final on sunday.
Ngangarra Barker is quite talented, I saw at a CHS schoolboy carnival in Newcastle 4 years ago. It's a shame he didn't persist at Asquith

Tigers1986

Juniors
Not sure I follow this? 9 are only broadcasting ISP, and for that the game needed to be 3:10pm (previous years' kickoffs of 5/6pm would clash with the news)

If they made it 3pm we'd need 9am Shield 11am Massey 1pm Flegg and thats not even allowing for extra time or reasonable preso time IMO.

I think over two days makes sense and allows appropriate time for each game.

As for the jersey clash, I don't think it's as bad as it seems, fairly sure they've played each other before and it's been fine. The back of the Jets' jumper is all blue, the back of Canterbury's is white from memory

What I meant was exactly the issue you pointed out. Having the ISP game at 3 forced their hand, otherwise you'd have to put a lower grade game on after the ISP to fit them all in, defeating the purpose of the event.

Who is that?

Brett Lahey.

thorson1987

Coach
What I meant was exactly the issue you pointed out. Having the ISP game at 3 forced their hand, otherwise you'd have to put a lower grade game on after the ISP to fit them all in, defeating the purpose of the event.

Brett Lahey.

Ha damn it. I've known him since he was a kid. Been mates with Grant for 20 odd years aswell.

rightleftin

Juniors
Wenty were far too good for St Marys, again winning 38-4 after they beat Auburn by the same score last year. Abbas Miski was man of the match and Beau Henry player of the season.

In SS, East Campbelltown won their 3rd title in 5 seasons. In the first half they demonstrated why they finished the regular season with 35 points while Guildford only had 20 points, running up a 20-0 lead, Guildford put up a better show after the break and with a try after full time, closed the gap to 32-22. Brett Lahey won the man of the match award.

kbw

Bench
Apparently he was seen at a cabra training session during the year talking to Chris Yates.
Would make even more sense if cabra push to have an ISP team next year as rumoured

He was seen at Cabra nearly every week as he has kids playing there

rightleftin

Juniors
Thoughts on the Shield and RMC grand final matches?

East Campbelltown were clearly superior. They had a dozen guys that have played in several premiership sides. Guildford outperformed to get there but came up short. The Owls fullback was very poor.

In RMC, Wenty were back on song after a sub par performance last week, where they were lucky to get across the line.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Cronulla (Flegg) and Dogs (ISP) win the other Grand Finals.

Dogs go on to play Redcliffe next Sunday at ANZ

Butts74

Juniors
Will be interesting to see what East Campbeltown do next season , if they continue with shield after winning the comp or they just sack it ? Thoughts ?

Tigers1986

Juniors
Isn't the Shield being abolished? They could step up to RMC, sure, but the Wests association would prevent that.

MountainMan

Juniors
They would be competitive with their current roster,which has not changed in years (near all players have played RMC or State Cup previously) but East Campbelltown wont go to the RMC competition.
I asked my buddy who’s with Wests and he basically said..
They are just a local team filled with local juniors who are now in their late 20s/early 30s ,a couple near 40 years of age and have zero aspirations of playing semi professional rugby league.Its why you’ll see no Eagles player play up in the West Rmc team ,they just dont have that interest.
Terrible home field,no leagues club backing.
They have zero trial games and no pre season.Train twice a week for an hour if that.
It is quite amazing how they have been so successful over the years if you go off that.
Alot of talented players whom were promising juniors coming through.

Tigers1986

Juniors

Well that's a welcome relief as I saw it mentioned that it was being considered for the chopping block.

They would be competitive with their current roster,which has not changed in years (near all players have played RMC or State Cup previously) but East Campbelltown wont go to the RMC competition.
I asked my buddy who’s with Wests and he basically said..
They are just a local team filled with local juniors who are now in their late 20s/early 30s ,a couple near 40 years of age and have zero aspirations of playing semi professional rugby league.Its why you’ll see no Eagles player play up in the West Rmc team ,they just dont have that interest.
Terrible home field,no leagues club backing.
They have zero trial games and no pre season.Train twice a week for an hour if that.
It is quite amazing how they have been so successful over the years if you go off that.
Alot of talented players whom were promising juniors coming through.

They've actually had a great setup for years. Dominated the Wests league, went to Group 6, dominated that, went to Canterbury, dominated that, then entered the Shield and are its most successful side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts