What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

t-ba

Post Whore
Hopefully he gets suspended and enjoys it as much as Cam did in 2008.

But we all know he won't be.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Looks like I'm alone in this, but I genuinely dont think the intent of banning the shoulder charge was to prevent collisions like this.

The best option if you're Billy Slater is to collide with the player who is close to the sideline and take him out in a quick and effective manner. Billy did that and also braces his arm to push the winger out after the collision.

Unfortunately by the letter of the law it's a shoulder charge, but the rules have not incorporated common sense

isaiah

Bench
Looks like I'm alone in this, but I genuinely dont think the intent of banning the shoulder charge was to prevent collisions like this.

The best option if you're Billy Slater is to collide with the player who is close to the sideline and take him out in a quick and effective manner. Billy did that and also braces his arm to push the winger out after the collision.

Unfortunately by the letter of the law it's a shoulder charge, but the rules have not incorporated common sense
Should have only banned it when attacking the head. It's Cronulla' fault anyway. Wade graham on broncs fullback in goal started the ball rolling years ago

smi962

First Grade

Whare got cleared for that hit.....and that was a full on shoulder charge. Billy's was a very side on hit. What was Slater supposed to do? ....let him run and score?

Clear him to play.

Isn't that a shoulder charge, and aren't shoulder charges banned?
The room is spinning.

cain3y

Juniors
There is no way the nrl won't let Slater off to play his last game of his career. If Billy can kick people in the face by accident and not get charged he can shoulder charge too, by accident :rolleyes:bskitf.jpg

tripster

Juniors
Players to miss a grand final through suspension
1969 — Arthur Beetson (Balmain)
1978 — Greg Pierce (Sharks)
1978 — Dane Sorensen (Sharks)
1981 — Steve Bowden (Newtown)
1988 — Steve Roach (Balmain)
1994 — John Lomax (Raiders)
1997 — Jim Serdaris (Sea Eagles)
1998 — Peter Ryan (Broncos)
2004 — Luke Ricketson (Roosters)
2005 — Carl Webb (Cowboys)
2008 — Cameron Smith (Storm)
2014 – Issac Luke (Rabbitohs)
2018 - Billy Slater (Storm)

Edit: Moderator added some random NZ link to my post, but the source was from the NRL website. Plus I added Slater.

URL LINK ADDED: http://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-newspaper...e-ruled-big-names-out-of-NRL-final-previously

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal

Agreed, suspension in this instance is weak shit

Latest posts