What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Taupau has been playing NRL since 2010 and has played one finals match. He's good at running the ball (which will help our attack) but he's not a winner.
He'd be a winner in a good team, just hasn't played in one yet. But I was talking about his aggression and how'd that help our forwards. Our forwards from juniors seem to lack aggression, and in a forward that is their greatest quality, along with size and a bit of skill.

TheRam

Coach
I also need some recommendations on TV shows.

Also another great period show but totally different is "The Outlander". An English combat nurse from 1945 is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743.

Sounds crappy, but is brilliant.

Also a futuristic show called "The Expanse". A police detective in the asteroid belt, the first officer of an interplanetary ice freighter and an earth-bound United Nations executive slowly discover a vast conspiracy that threatens the Earth's rebellious colony on the asteroid belt.

Very good and entertaining. Gets you in.

hindy111

Post Whore
Also another great period show but totally different is "The Outlander". An English combat nurse from 1945 is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743.

Sounds crappy, but is brilliant.

Also a futuristic show called "The Expanse". A police detective in the asteroid belt, the first officer of an interplanetary ice freighter and an earth-bound United Nations executive slowly discover a vast conspiracy that threatens the Earth's rebellious colony on the asteroid belt.

Very good and entertaining. Gets you in.

I wish the eels could get swept back into the 80s

TheRam

Coach
I also need some recommendations on TV shows.

Also Fargo...first two seasons are brilliant, third is solid.

Catastrophe is a great little British comedy.
And since we are on the British theme, "Trust Me" is a great little mini series and "Broadchurch" is very good too.

A great pirate series is "Black Sails".

"Masters of Sex" is another great show set in the 50's.

TheRam

Coach
I wish the eels could get swept back into the 80s

Ah...what an unreal period of our lives. Everything was so right back then. We new who our enemies were back then, Parra was the powerhouse of the world, sugar was the new black, music was memorable and worth listening to, the average guy could still fix his own car, houses weren't for the rich, some people could still get away with mullets, the Illuminati might have meant a light fitting company, boys and girls were just that, cricket and tennis still had characters was exciting and worth watching, Thai food was the new and great exotic cuisine that we all fell in love with, Big Arnie was the bomb and every boy was hitting the gym big time, I had girlfriends who were in their 20's...fresh meat....ah the memories.

hindy111

Post Whore
Also Fargo...first two seasons are brilliant, third is solid.

Catastrophe is a great little British comedy.
And since we are on the British theme, "Trust Me" is a great little mini series and "Broadchurch" is very good too.

A great pirate series is "Black Sails".

"Masters of Sex" is another great show set in the 50's.

You watch a lot of TV Ram.
After Seinfeld ended I kinda gave up on tv. It's quite a big commitment those things and I never got over the Seinfeld break up. Now I just look for sucker love. 30 mins to and hour and its over

hindy111

Post Whore
Ah...what an unreal period of our lives. Everything was so right back then. We new who our enemies were back then, Parra was the powerhouse of the world, sugar was the new black, music was memorable and worth listening to, the average guy could still fix his own car, houses weren't for the rich, some people could still get away with mullets, the Illuminati might have meant a light fitting company, boys and girls were just that, cricket and tennis still had characters was exciting and worth watching, Thai food was the new and great exotic cuisine that we all fell in love with, Big Arnie was the bomb and every boy was hitting the gym big time, I had girlfriends who were in their 20's...fresh meat....ah the memories.

And Hindy111 was born. What magical time. And by the end of the 80s I was listening to guns n roses and smoking cigarettes. Great memories

eels_fan

First Grade
Check out Designated Survivor on Netflix. Hooks you in after a couple of eps and then you can’t stop watching. Great conspiracy/political/action drama

TheRam

Coach
You watch a lot of TV Ram.
After Seinfeld ended I kinda gave up on tv. It's quite a big commitment those things and I never got over the Seinfeld break up. Now I just look for sucker love. 30 mins to and hour and its over

I don't really, I only watch shows late at night, I don't watch anything virtually on TV unless it is RL related and even that I have dropped off considerably this last season. But a good series, an episode or two is a great way to settle down before I nod off to bed.

Do yourself a favour Hindy watch some of the series that they are making right now, they are brilliant. People are calling this period of series television the golden years of TV. I think they are not far off. There are many, many shows that are rated 8+, out of 10. Pick one and see how you go.

A great one to start with is "Breaking Bad", considered by many to be the best ever made.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't really, I only watch shows late at night, I don't watch anything virtually on TV unless it is RL related and even that I have dropped off considerably this last season. But a good series, an episode or two is a great way to settle down before I nod off to bed.

Do yourself a favour Hindy watch some of the series that they are making right now, they are brilliant. People are calling this period of series television the golden years of TV. I think they are not far off. There are many, many shows that are rated 8+, out of 10. Pick one and see how you go.

A great one to start with is "Breaking Bad", considered by many to be the best ever made.

I will consider it Ram. I just like reading and playing guitar when free and meditating.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I will consider it Ram. I just like reading and playing guitar when free and meditating.
giphy.gif