What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Woods

Tiger Ted

Bench
It’s incomprehensible the luv woods receives from state & national selectors.They clearly judge his ability & club form through rose coloured glasses.

Its been the trend for a long time in rep selections of a no. of this nations sporting teams where once ur entrenched in a team it’s impossible to get dropped irrespective of ur form or whether there’s obviously better candidates for ur position.

Tommy Smith

Referee
It’s incomprehensible the luv woods receives from state & national selectors.They clearly judge his ability & club form through rose coloured glasses.

Its been the trend for a long time in rep selections of a no. of this nations sporting teams where once ur entrenched in a team it’s impossible to get dropped irrespective of ur form or whether there’s obviously better candidates for ur position.
Sam Thaiday overstayed his use by date in the national team for 5 years. It looks like Woods will be the same.

Meanwhile, the Dogs offloaded Graham @ probably 600k per year for an inferior prop in Woods @ 900k per year.

That's some serious twilight zone shit!

ouryear

Juniors
Sam Thaiday overstayed his use by date in the national team for 5 years. It looks like Woods will be the same.

Meanwhile, the Dogs offloaded Graham @ probably 600k per year for an inferior prop in Woods @ 900k per year.

That's some serious twilight zone shit!

For sure, and thankfully the dragons picked up James Graham.

Hopefully he will knock sense into Mary as well.

Tiger05

First Grade
Lol .. how the f**k did he get an Australian jersey... he was useless

He is honestly the most overrated forward by selectors that I have ever seen. He can play well at NRL level but he isn't a guy that is going to win you too many games.

Tiger05

First Grade
Jason Stevens says hi.

I don't think Stevens had as many walk up starts as Sharon. Honestly Sharon killed it for us a couple of games per year and was consistently a great metre eater. That makes him a real good NRL prop but he could be replaced by basically the next 20 props in the game and the difference would be negligible.

It is my opinion but gee that 1st stint of his last night was perhaps the best game I've seen him play since, well forever. He wanted to play finals football and got his chance in a starting side last night.

If only......

Perth Tiger

Bench
I don’t know. His stats are always good, but once again when he is asked to lead a forward pack the group goes missing. Happened with us and NSW. Is it a coincidence or not? I am not sure.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I don’t know. His stats are always good, but once again when he is asked to lead a forward pack the group goes missing. Happened with us and NSW. Is it a coincidence or not? I am not sure.
I’d swap him for the sloth Packer in a heartbeat !

Tiger05

First Grade
I think he is a solid player but he isn't the guy who is going to win you games. On the right amount of money I'd love him at our club. He wouldn't though accept fair money and we overpaid him for years.

He also isn't what we need. I think Packer and Matulino are probably on the same money as Woods and I'd prefer the two of them.

We need a forward like Taupau or Taumolo or a Burgess.

Maybe Woods as a 3rd middle forward would suit our team but that is more about do we want to keep playing ET as a small middle forward who is great in a lot of areas but lacks good go forward.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
It is my opinion but gee that 1st stint of his last night was perhaps the best game I've seen him play since, well forever. He wanted to play finals football and got his chance in a starting side last night.

If only......

Not much has changed in my opinion....He’s a plodder,and still backs into the defence,slow,no intimidation.
What has changed is he looks better with a haircut and looks slimmer these days.

simmo1

First Grade
Woods & Tapau would be nearly a perfect front row. Ideal mix of workrate and impact.