What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A year in review

Crush

Coach
We effectively finished equal 5th, just outside the top 4. So overall, not a bad season.

That’s where I think we are as a team in reality. Not quite top 4 to compete with the likes of Melbourne and Roosters, but not too far away.

Speed in the outside backs and a more tactically astute coach is what we’re missing.
Yeah I agree with this.
Looking at our outside backs and coach, finishing where we did was a good result.
To win a comp though and go to that next level we will need to do better than Pereria, Aitken, Lafai.
I don't mind Dufty and Nene but the other 3 mentioned above are mediocre at best.
Ohh, and McGregor is a shit coach.

giboz71

First Grade
Yeah I agree with this.
Looking at our outside backs and coach, finishing where we did was a good result.
To win a comp though and go to that next level we will need to do better than Pereria, Aitken, Lafai.
I don't mind Dufty and Nene but the other 3 mentioned above are mediocre at best.
Ohh, and McGregor is a shit coach.

Mate I called it at the start of the season.

Mary will always be Mary but there was no way we could compete with the likes of Mitchell, Inglis, Roberts, Holmes, Ado Carr etc. Not with our current back 5.

And no, replacing Nighty with Pereira isn’t going to get it done.

BLM01

First Grade
I had us scraping into the 8 due to Hunt coming but felt our weakness was our backs and coaching.
They exceeded my expectations for 2/3rds of the year but if you look at a graph of our season it will probably look a bit like the property market in Sydney

Prometheus

Juniors
With half the team being representive players, anything but a top four finish must be considered a failure

Oh please.

We had teams in the past with a lot more rep players than we have now and they never got us anywhere. Barrett, Bailey, Ryles, Gasnier, Cooper, Creagh, Sims, Thompson, Young and Timmins all in the same team with nothing to show for it? Compared to the under-performances of the 2000's, this year's squad did great.