What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think this qould be right if we didn't have Ciraldo. The club seems to have a lot of faith in him if need be.

I actually agree. I believe if the club is prepared to play the waiting game. Sign Ivan for 2021 onwards. W/T will crack. They won't want Ivan making decisions about their cap or players going forward. I believe with a lot of huffing and puffing W/T will cave in and let Ivan go.

If they choose to dig in, it won't be pretty for W/T. Cameron will be the rookie coach that he is. By mid year Ivan will be released by W/T

I can see Panthers not being keen to give compenstation to W/T.

Flashstep

Juniors
Everyone crows about the salary cap making a close comp yet the top 4/prelim games are all prem winners from the last 5 years and Storm will be playing 3 GFs in a row and going dor back to back. The salary cap really isn't helping.

Our salary cap has its issues but trust me it could be a lot worse, every major soccer league in the world has the same 2 or 3 teams that dominate everyone else in the competition because they have the most money and are allowed to buy whoever they want, and it has been that way for the last 20 years and even longer in some leagues, money has destroyed that game I don’t know how anyone still watches it.

NBA has had the same grand final for the last 4 seasons, and the 4 seasons before that the Miami Heat were in every grand final.

OldPanther

Coach
Our salary cap has its issues but trust me it could be a lot worse, every major soccer league in the world has the same 2 or 3 teams that dominate everyone else in the competition because they have the most money and are allowed to buy whoever they want, and it has been that way for the last 20 years and even longer in some leagues, money has destroyed that game I don’t know how anyone still watches it.

NBA has had the same grand final for the last 4 seasons, and the 4 seasons before that the Miami Heat were in every grand final.

The NRL kind of feels like that with Storm and Roosters.

martielang

Bench
I think this qould be right if we didn't have Ciraldo. The club seems to have a lot of faith in him if need be.

There’s been zero fanfare about Ciraldo staying on as coach. You think the club would be pushing it hard in the media if he was certain to be coach next year. Good story of promoting from within, player to coach etc.

We also wouldn’t be signing Cleary for 2021 if we were truly happy with Ciraldo as head coach.

OldPanther

Coach
There’s been zero fanfare about Ciraldo staying on as coach. You think the club would be pushing it hard in the media if he was certain to be coach next year. Good story of promoting from within, player to coach etc.

We also wouldn’t be signing Cleary for 2021 if we were truly happy with Ciraldo as head coach.

Well they just sent him to America to learn from some sporting organisations to improve his coaching so they clearly see him worth the time and money investment.

BxTom

Bench
Well they just sent him to America to learn from some sporting organisations to improve his coaching so they clearly see him worth the time and money investment.
Which they would likely do even if he was assistant coach. I agree that they may keeping their options open and keeping this a little low key

OldPanther

Coach
Which they would likely do even if he was assistant coach. I agree that they may keeping their options open and keeping this a little low key

Yeah. I'm with what Martie said about how it's all low key. I think what keeping their options open is what they're doing. If Ivan comes they aren't committed and if he doesn't they have time over the off-season to make announcements.

franklin2323

Immortal
Everyone crows about the salary cap making a close comp yet the top 4/prelim games are all prem winners from the last 5 years and Storm will be playing 3 GFs in a row and going dor back to back. The salary cap really isn't helping.

They pay minimum wage. Don't over pay on potential for starters. For all of Gus' good he has done. Salary Cap management is not one of them

Frankus

Juniors
They pay minimum wage. Don't over pay on potential for starters. For all of Gus' good he has done. Salary Cap management is not one of them
Plus they probably have the largest coaching expenditure in the league. Have you seen the list of their coaching staff? They have a ridiculous number of coaching staff and consultants on their payroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.