What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

Tommy Smith

Referee
I must be the only one here that thinks Billy is a good bloke.

Zero off field incidents. Solid family man. Always gives his time back to the game.

He can be an on field grub but so could Ennis. But off the field I like both.

Even if the Roosters win tonight I hope Billy gets off.

Danish

Referee

Zero off field incidents. Solid family man. Always gives his time back to the game.

Besides that whole 2 contract business, of course.

Loves Billy Slater and is sad to see him retiring”.

This was mentioned almost verbatim on the telecast by several different pundits last night.

I can only call to mind one bloke I know who “loves” Billy Slater. Everyone else dislikes him.

In my mind he’s fairly divisive. He’s a hell of a player but he’s got a grub streak in him a mile wide and he plied his trade for one of the most universally disliked clubs of the last 10 years.

So- as a passionate follower of the game do you love Billy Slater and are you sad to see him retiring?

Reflector

Juniors
A great player with a good work ethic, one of the best fullbacks in the modern era.

But a career tainted with questionable tactics like knees in the back, sliding studs in and karate kicks. Unfortunately this is overlooked by the NRL media because of his talent, and by a lot of the dribblers up north who refuse to believe one of their own would ever do anything grubby in their life-time.

ram raid

Bench
Y
That's what Inglis was doing when he smashed dean young.....which is what brought in the rule change.

Young wasn't going for a try though

I like Billy, Best full-back ever. I don't even think he's that 'grubby', he plays on instinct and his reflexes are so fast he does what he has to do before has time to think about it. The leading with the legs etc; I don;t even think it's conscious. And I have nothing against the Storm. Most clubs could learn a lot from their administration.

But nobody benefits from the games administration embarrassing itself. They are obviously prepared for this type of scenario. They've resisted calls to make finals games worth more points. They've made the rules the way they are with the excessive loading because they were serious about getting rid of shoulder charges. If they ignore their own rules so Billy can play a final they will convey themselves as transparent farce. It won't happen.

Frederick

Staff member
Can you guys imagine a league without Billy Slater?
ywOpPB7.gif

Latest posts