What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 3: Preliminary finals 21/9-22/9 2018

If you do something stupid enough to get suspended over, it doesn't matter whether it's a Grand Final or not, imo.

No sympathy from me.
Missing a grand final is a much harsher punishment than missing a regular season game. Just about every player gets suspended at some point. Sometimes they're just unlucky.

Gazzamatta

Coach
He'd have to at least go to the game. He has to present himself with the CC medal.
It reminds me of the Hayne head butt on Slater in 2010. Did Hayne head butt? Absolutely. Did he play in the SOO? Absolutely.
They will find an angle or photo shop one. Move on.

But that regular season game could be the difference between making and not making the finals.

Do the crime, do the time
Sure it could be the difference, but it probably won't be. I think finals and rep games are more important than regular season games and should be treated as such. I'm not arguing that Slater should get off, but that the rules should change.

Eelogical

Referee
Sure it could be the difference, but it probably won't be. I think finals and rep games are more important than regular season games and should be treated as such. I'm not arguing that Slater should get off, but that the rules should change.
You know, if they change the rules it will be then known as Slater's Law.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Missing a grand final is a much harsher punishment than missing a regular season game. Just about every player gets suspended at some point. Sometimes they're just unlucky.

Even better deterrent for players to behave, imo.

I, personally, dont understand the train of thought that a Grand Final and/or Origin and/or Test match is different to a regular NRL game.

You break the rules, you cop the punishment, imo - if that means you miss a Grand Final, then tough.

Eelogical

Referee

I, personally, dont understand the train of thought that a Grand Final and/or Origin and/or Test match is different to a regular NRL game.

You break the rules, you cop the punishment, imo - if that means you miss a Grand Final, then tough.
But, but...............Billy!

Eelogical

Referee
They suspended Smith a few seasons ago, so not all hope is lost.

But then again, the NRL is spineless, and incompetent, so..
This is pulled from my memory banks so I'll throw in a disclaimer. Wasn't there a final in 2009 where Hayne slid into Morris in goal, led with his knees after a try was scored and Hayne got off then went on to play in the GF?

I can't understand how people can't see that a grand final is different. It's far and away the most important game of the year. Arguably it's the only game that really matters.
And I have never said that if you break the rules then you shouldn't receive the punishment that applies.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I can't understand how people can't see that a grand final is different. It's far and away the most important game of the year. Arguably it's the only game that really matters.
And I have never said that if you break the rules then you shouldn't receive the punishment that applies.

not only that, if slater plays id be instructing Hayne in the corresponding game next year to shoulder charge a winger going for a try

Latest posts