What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

King hit

Coach
I must be the only one here that thinks Billy is a good bloke.

Zero off field incidents. Solid family man. Always gives his time back to the game.

He can be an on field grub but so could Ennis. But off the field I like both.

Even if the Roosters win tonight I hope Billy gets off.

Except for rorting the salary cap

Generalzod

Immortal
Apparentley they have already engraved his name on the Churchill metal after all he won the man of the series for origin only played a couple of games lol

Lebbo73

Bench
I’m sure there is a technicality here that can be exploited that has been used before. The fact that they are facing the same way makes it a shoulder bump not a shoulder charge
His hands were out in front of him and made contact with the Sharks player first who shoulder charged Slater away. Why wasn’t the Sharks winger charged ffs?

jim_57

Staff member
A great player with a good work ethic, one of the best fullbacks in the modern era.

But a career tainted with questionable tactics like knees in the back, sliding studs in and karate kicks. Unfortunately this is overlooked by the NRL media because of his talent, and by a lot of the dribblers up north who refuse to believe one of their own would ever do anything grubby in their life-time.

Most people in QLD would know he has a grub streak and most would love the fact that NSW fans can't stand him. Same for Cameron Smith.

Being a grub is one thing. Being a once in a lifetime talented grub who you have to watch lift trophies & win medals for 15+ years is a super recipe for contempt.. if you're not the side they're winning trophies & medals for.

Rhyno

First Grade
Shoulder charge every day of the week. 200 points for a grade 1

See ya dude. You've been a great fullback but your time is up

I will not watch the grand final if he plays

I don’t care if you watch the GF or don’t

If Billy is suspended l won’t be watching the GF

Lebbo73

Bench
Such a display of logic tends to get you fired at NRL HQ.

Slater won't get off for the perfectly valid and accurate reasons you've mentioned. I actually think he'll get charged but get off at the judiciary purely on sentiment.
Like Justin Hodges

Lebbo73

Bench
To those saying 'what else could he do to stop the try' as an excuse, does that mean in a try scoring position, if you can't stop the man with an arm, you're ok to trip? Or if you're a tiny fullback with Nelson Asofa-Solomona charging at you right on the line, 1 on 1, you're ok to jump up and forearm him in the chops?
Regardless of where on the pitch, or under whatever circumstances, the tackler has a responsibility to only attempt at legal tackle. If the play cannot be stopped with a legal tackle, resorting to foul play is not an option, and should therefore be subject to appropriate disciplinary action.
Slater 100% forcefully led with the shoulder, arm tucked and therefore 100% should be charged. But as much plenty of others, I'm also pretty damn sure he'll get off using the most tenuous of loop holes.
This is the comment from a gimp who knows nothing about rugby league!

Life's Good

Coach
Great player who is one of the best I’ve seen play in any position.
Never thought badly of him at all.
Definitely pushed the envelope on the field and got away with plenty but that’s not really his fault when the officials are too weak or easily intimidated into not acting.

ReddFelon

Juniors
Always felt compliments towards him as a fullback came from Queensland having never really been known for producing iconic fullbacks. Much in the same way the praise for Thurston often seems excessive mostly because players like Johns had to contend with quality halves like Tooves, where Thurston came along during a time when halfback stocks were fairly depleted across the NRL.

Latest posts