What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

t-ba

Post Whore
Great crowd but you can tell how plastic the supporters bases are by sheer virtue of the fact that it had nothing on the Tigers Dragons Prelim of yore.

The amount of North Shore folk in their clearly new Bunnies and Roosters retro jerseys I saw walking around Crowie and Chatswood today was pretty embarrassing. Can tell the Swans have been knocked out. But hey, some new fans hopefully!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Yep, as expected - seating in 612, row 7 are selling as bronze when map shows as gold. NRL knows the demand after last night was poor and roosters winning wont help that.

EVENT INFORMATION SEATING INFORMATION DELIVERY METHOD QUANTITY TICKET/ITEM PRICE †
Sun 30 Sep 2018
ANZ Stadium
Edwin Flack Avenue , Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
Category: Bronze
Section: 612
Row: 7
Seat/s: 43-44
Mobile Ticket - The fastest way to get your tickets! 2 x Adult
$180.00

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Maybe it was just me.. but in the 80s RL passion in Sydney suburbs felt to me like what i think AFL feels like in Melbourne..

It was all anyone talked about.. we played footy at school all day we had footy cards we watched it all weekend.. daily mirror had pages of RL every day

It was a golden age.. for people in Melbourne who have 80 years of that passion I'm very jealous

True and this was the case upto the mid 90's we were the top sport in this country and we had our rivals on the run.....we know what happened to change things, sadly.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Anyway getting back to what this forum is supposed to be about and happy for Timmah to correct me but:

Assuming 44,000 tonight and 82,000 for the GF the total attendance for the season will be about 3,256,000. The best since 2014 and up 220,000 or over 6% on last year

This is the 11th all time highest but about 235,000 or 6.7% less than the 2010 record

Funny how Rothfield and his News Ltd cronies haven't made much of this fact, when last year crowds were down they sung it from the rooftops.....dogs

guyver78

Juniors
Good hard game, great crowd & congrats to the Roosters for beating us.

In the end the good Roosters defence & fatigue got us.

It’s too hard to win if you don’t get that week off.

They will re-categorise a lot of seats for next week so good luck to both teams & fingers crossed for no suspensions.

Valheru

Coach
It was easily more roosters fans as per usual at the SFS. Concourse was 50/50 but members and corporates was clearly and obviously more roosters.

NRLMad

Juniors
Funny how Rothfield and his News Ltd cronies haven't made much of this fact, when last year crowds were down they sung it from the rooftops.....dogs

agree depends on combatants

Get these teams in the finals in 1 year - Souths, Dragons, Eels, Brisbane, Melbourne, Tigers/Dogs, Newcastle. Sleeping giants in Sydney are the Eels, everybody knows Eels supporters and they haven’t won in years

big hit!

Bench
I forgot there was single file access to the southern end and the narrow concourse out the back of the seating.

How did the venue pass regulations in the 80s?

A great venue to watch rugby league and have spent many a winter weekend (when Souths used it as home venue) and summer weekend (with Sydney FC) at the joint.

Hope they get the new joint right, and better - especially the rake at the ends

big hit!

Bench
Maybe it was just me.. but in the 80s RL passion in Sydney suburbs felt to me like what i think AFL feels like in Melbourne..

It was all anyone talked about.. we played footy at school all day we had footy cards we watched it all weekend.. daily mirror had pages of RL every day

It was a golden age.. for people in Melbourne who have 80 years of that passion I'm very jealous

Australian Rules is played in every school in Victoria - by the toffs, catholic and public schools alike. Doesn't matter what your background, Aussie Rules is the common denominator. It also means that great traditions have been built around the game.

Unfortunately in NSW & QLD, there are two rugby codes that have been competing against each other since 1908. If you're well off or went to private school, you're likely to have played or be involved in rugby union. It's these schools that have resources, and it's these students that end up in corporate gigs and control the purse strings

guyver78

Juniors
It was easily more roosters fans as per usual at the SFS. Concourse was 50/50 but members and corporates was clearly and obviously more roosters.

Lol again you’re off your head but anyway congrats on the win & good luck next week

How you saw a 50/50 split in the lower bays is beyond anyone.

There was way more Souths supporters in your bays then the other way around. In fact we were even allocated a bay at your end.

YoHadrian

Juniors
I think it's great that's the jumper-draped-around-the-neck Tah's crowd remembered that they have SFS memberships & showed up for their three times a year attendance to convey their blessings on the plebian spectacle beneath.

Latest posts