What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

beave

Coach
So because one person speaks highly of the club, then it's decided the club is full of saints and anyone who says otherwise is a f**kwit?

Cool.

Maybe you should just accept the fact that the club didn't look after Kalyn as best as they should have?

Is that what I said is it?

No one knows what went on, I’m sure both sides have their own version of events, the difference is the NQ football club didn’t come out and publicly bag Kalyn or his old man when he signed for Newcastle. Nor did they come out and publicly bag your shitbox club for parading him in knights colours whilst still having a year to run on his NQ commitments.

BLN2

Juniors
What exactly is Luke supposed to have done off the field?

He's no leader that's for sure. Bad discipline (fitness and training wise), Kearney has even praised his wife for keeping him in line this year.. Hardly what you should be hearing from a 12 season NRL vet on good coin. A guy like him should be leading a team, not needing his missus to keep him in line.

If it's a 1 year deal, and another in the knight's favour, that's a good deal for Newy IMO. Still think they should be getting a prop with that cash though.

Pedge1971

First Grade
He's no leader that's for sure. Bad discipline (fitness and training wise), Kearney has even praised his wife for keeping him in line this year.. Hardly what you should be hearing from a 12 season NRL vet on good coin. A guy like him should be leading a team, not needing his missus to keep him in line.

If it's a 1 year deal, and another in the knight's favour, that's a good deal for Newy IMO. Still think they should be getting a prop with that cash though.

Not getting a quality prop to sign isnt through lack of trying I can assure you. Only a few in the mkt and none seem inteerested.

Frederick

Staff member

Don't worry about us and cash. We have plenty. Pretty sure Brown wanted to sign an additional 7 players for the top squad

BLN2

Juniors
Hey im sure the Knights still have cash to splash, but with needing to spend 90% of the cap, wouldnt be surprised if numbers are a little bit over the top/outdated. Doesnt mean you should over spend on players also. Im looking forward to seeing how the Knights vs the Tigers go next year, both have spent up and changed massively in the past 2 years. Manly, Dogs and cowboys will be following suit.

Tevaga has apparently re signed after interest from a few clubs BTW.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well played. Too good. But not awkward at all. You need to win next week then u have me at awkward.

Will Coops be there? Serious question hard to tell what the injury was tonight.
He was like a 3 legged dog in that 2nd half, man.

So I'm not confident.

He's crucial to our team - even if only for his presence - so I hope he plays.

Either way it's a 50/50 game. We need more from our attack and can't rely on GOAT defence all the time against a team like the Storm.

Also turning the ball over on tackle 1 or 2 half a dozen times is a recipe for disaster. We won't win doing that two weeks in a row.

Pedge1971

First Grade
He was like a 3 legged dog in that 2nd half, man.

So I'm not confident.

He's crucial to our team - even if only for his presence - so I hope he plays.

Either way it's a 50/50 game. We need more from our attack and can't rely on GOAT defence all the time against a team like the Storm.

Also turning the ball over on tackle 1 or 2 half a dozen times is a recipe for disaster. We won't win doing that two weeks in a row.

Agree. Some pretty good ins though for next week. What surprised me was the bath Manu gave Inglis tonight. This will be the Kangaroos captain and he and Gagai played the opposite of how they go when they pull on the maroon jersey. Hopeless...

GongPanther

Referee
First 3 maybe, can’t see Eels getting near the play offs next year though.
Parra will get WSW-itis. They have a new stadium to fill. It won't help the NSW government if Parra are not doing well. So I expect Parra to get massive leg-ups next year to keep them more than competitive to fill that stadium.Same does go for that other code called Fights n' Flares.

Last edited:

Pedge1971

First Grade
Parra will get WSW-itis. They have a new stand to fill. It won't help the NSW government if Parra are not doing well. So I expect Parra to get massive leg-ups next year to keep them more than competitive to fill that stadium.Same does go for that other code called Fights n' Flares.

Topball?

super_coach

First Grade
Newcastle,Tigers,Canberra and Parra will be the new top 8 inductees for next season. Out will go Cronulla,Souths,Warriors and Storm.

Not sure about the other teams, but the Tigers will need at least two more quality players if they are going to improve on this year. Our two Chook recruits will help but we need more

Latest posts