What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
I was ok with Bernie until last night, when my mate bumped into him at the Souths/Roosters final.

The Bern was wearing a Roosters scarf ffs! No lie.
So you don’t care about the shit jersey but this has sent you off Bernie? The idiot has no passion for the Eels and is a wooden duck CEO who needs to be thrown out on his ear.

I’d deadset fine him for wearing that Roosters scarf (if true). Surely he is not that stupid.

What have you been doing you bastard

I'm here every day, you bastard. Just not interested in the current titty twisters v deathriders conversation, which seems to be the only thing going on here right now.

Give me some of your thoughts about our current status.

There's a few things:
1. Injuries screwed us a bit this year;
2. Goal kicking screwed us a bit this year (how many games did we lose when scoring the same amount of tries?).

Having said that:
3. Arthur is a bit shit. Last year's tactics didn't work this year and Arthur hasn't adjusted;
4. Norman v Moses crippled us. One has to go;
5. Some key guys simply died in the arse this year - Mennings, Taka, as examples. This sits with Arthur.

But:
6. Paulo and Ferguson are good signings, as we need the go forward;
7. Probably need one more high quality forward;
8. Need to figure out the fullback situation, as well as the halves.

I also need some recommendations on TV shows.

Ozark, if I haven't recommended that already.
There's also a YouTube original show called Impulse that looks good. You can watch the first three episodes free before having to sign up to a Premium YouTube account, or something. I'm just gonna download it. So far, it's not bad.

As mentioned above, The Expanse is good. Altered Carbon is another decent Sci-Fi show.

In the future (and these are years away), The Wheel of Time has started development as a TV series (my favourite fantasy series - 14 books), and Feist's Riftwar Saga has just been optioned.

Apart from that I'm just watching Fear The Walking Dead, but this season has been a bit shit.

Hope you are well HJ.

As handsome as always, brother.

T.S Quint

Coach
So you don’t care about the shit jersey but this has sent you off Bernie? The idiot has no passion for the Eels and is a wooden duck CEO who needs to be thrown out on his ear.

I’d deadset fine him for wearing that Roosters scarf (if true). Surely he is not that stupid.

Well the jersey is just a jersey. I don’t see why it is such a big deal that it should see someone fired. I’m not going to buy one, and it will change again soon enough.

As for your next point, why would he have passion for the Eels? He was hired for a job, he has no affiliation with the club previously. Publicly wearing the scarf of one club whilst you are the ceo of another is incredibly stupid though, and should see him reprimanded.

You want people with passion for the club? How about Brad f**king Arthur! The bloke has just as much passion for the Eels as any of us do in here, but you want to replace him with someone who would just be coming for a pay cheque. Any of those other coaches on offer couldn’t give two shits about the Eels and where we finished this year. Which is fine, you don’t have to have any preceding passion for a club in order to coach them...but that seems to be your argument here.

Gronk

Staff member
As for your next point, why would he have passion for the Eels? He was hired for a job, he has no affiliation with the club previously. Publicly wearing the scarf of one club whilst you are the ceo of another is incredibly stupid though, and should see him reprimanded
He did play for the chook but and we are not in the finals. Not exactly the Coke CEO getting caught with Pepsi in the fridge.

T.S Quint

Coach
He did play for the chook but and we are not in the finals. Not exactly the Coke CEO getting caught with Pepsi in the fridge.

I’m good if he wants to cheer for a particular team in a particular game. I just feel that draping their colours around you whilst being the head of another club is a bit silly. Not a hanging offence, but it certainly isn’t a good look.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’m good if he wants to cheer for a particular team in a particular game. I just feel that draping their colours around you whilst being the head of another club is a bit silly. Not a hanging offence, but it certainly isn’t a good look.
Agreed, he gets paid big money to work for us.

We have just won another spoon in one of the most disappointing season in the history of the club and here is our CEO walking around with a Roosters scarf. You couldn’t make this shit up.

Glenneel

Bench
I don't really, I only watch shows late at night, I don't watch anything virtually on TV unless it is RL related and even that I have dropped off considerably this last season. But a good series, an episode or two is a great way to settle down before I nod off to bed.

Do yourself a favour Hindy watch some of the series that they are making right now, they are brilliant. People are calling this period of series television the golden years of TV. I think they are not far off. There are many, many shows that are rated 8+, out of 10. Pick one and see how you go.

A great one to start with is "Breaking Bad", considered by many to be the best ever made.
I can't for the life of me think why you'd enjoy RL less than any other year!

and we don't know how it was that he came to wear it. He could have arrived there and his mates wrapped it round him as a joke. Or he could have lost a bet. Or he might have been secretly plotting all year to help the Roosters.

Glenneel

Bench
Any bets on the odds that Slater will play next week. I reckon there is a 80% chance he'll get off. In fact I reckon he wouldn't even been charged except commentators mentioned it several times. Btw shouldn't it have been a penalty try?

Gronk

Staff member
Agreed, he gets paid big money to work for us.

We have just won another spoon in one of the most disappointing season in the history of the club and here is our CEO walking around with a Roosters scarf. You couldn’t make this shit up.

Sorry I think we can be adults here and acknowledge that he can do his job for the Eels and go and watch his former team once or twice. You’re just laying the boot in because he’s an easy target right now. Well actually I don’t think anyone who works or plays for the Eels this year hasn’t been singled out on this site to be sacked. Maybe only Luke Sammut.

Do you think that Eels legend Steve Edge didn’t go to a STG old boys function whilst working at the Eels ?

Any bets on the odds that Slater will play next week. I reckon there is a 80% chance he'll get off. In fact I reckon he wouldn't even been charged except commentators mentioned it several times. Btw shouldn't it have been a penalty try?

It's not a penalty try because wasn't virtually certain that the player would have scored if the tackle was of a legal nature. It's different to when you tackle a guy without the ball....coz there is no legal way that you can do that. It's also different to when you smash a bloke in the head when he is already over the line and about to put it down.

T.S Quint

Coach

I think the chances of him beating the charge are very high. If he does, I will be very interested in how they explain it away. There will be some mental gymnastics being done at NRL HQ right now looking for any way they could get him off.

I also thought it should have been a penalty try, by the way.

T.S Quint

Coach
It's not a penalty try because wasn't virtually certain that the player would have scored if the tackle was of a legal nature. It's different to when you tackle a guy without the ball....coz there is no legal way that you can do that. It's also different to when you smash a bloke in the head when he is already over the line and about to put it down.

But those in the media are telling us that Billy had no other choice and this was the only tackle he could have made.

So a regulation tackle wouldn’t have stopped the try.

T.S Quint

Coach
Sorry I think we can be adults here and acknowledge that he can do his job for the Eels and go and watch his former team once or twice. You’re just laying the boot in because he’s an easy target right now. Well actually I don’t think anyone who works or plays for the Eels this year hasn’t been singled out on this site to be sacked. Maybe only Luke Sammut.

Do you think that Eels legend Steve Edge didn’t go to a STG old boys function whilst working at the Eels ?

Was Steve Edge the CEO of the club?

Like I said, I’ve got no problem with him going to the match and even cheering on the Roosters. Just wearing the scarf I have a problem with. Seems petty, I know, but it really isn’t a good look.

I’m not someone looking to put the boot in. Not once have I criticised Gurr on this forum (that I can remember anyway), nor have I criticised him in real life. I think the whole club had a shitty year, and he has had a part in that, but I’m not calling for his head. One bad season shouldn’t get you fired.

Gronk

Staff member
But those in the media are telling us that Billy had no other choice and this was the only tackle he could have made.

So a regulation tackle wouldn’t have stopped the try.
Jarryd or Semi would have stopped him without a shoulder charge.

Latest posts