What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 21-6 Storm @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lots of salt in this thread so far. I needed it for my steak, so thanks.

Lol at the "we only recruit current Internationals" angle.

Like who? Tupou, Liu, Matterson, Tetevano and Momirovski?

And then there's Latrell, Manu, Aubo, Friend, Cordner, Napa, Radley and Collins who have come through our system.

The only International we signed is Cronk. And the only star signings in our team are Cronk, Teddy, Keary and Fergo.

So 4 star signings out of 17. Two of whom hadn't played rep footy when we signed them (Keary still hasn't).

The Dragons have Hunt, Graham, Widdop and Sims but no one whinges.

The Sharks when they won the comp had Barba, Maloney, Ennis and Lewis but no one whinged. And now also Dugan, Moylan and Woods. And more power to both for improving their teams by signing star players (how dare they!)

I could go on and on. We're no different to any other club.

Well actually we are. We're smarter and develop a bunch of cracking young players who become stars on smaller contracts. And when we do sign big name players, we buy Keary for about 400k p.a. where as the Tigers buy Josh Reynolds for about 600k p.a. lololol

BUT!

Don't let facts get in the way of a good salty whinge, fellas.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I know it was great for you guys but as a neutral it wasn’t memorable. Storm were daylight ahead of the pack last year and everyone knew that. There was no chance of the Cowboys winning that game.
In your original post you said that both teams this year deserved to be there.

The cowboys didn't?

Valheru

Coach
So 4 star signings out of 17. Two of whom hadn't played rep footy when we signed them (Keary still hasn't).

Not to mention of those 4 star signings 2 weren't wanted by their clubs (well fergo didn't actually have a club) and 1 just wanted to move to sydney to be with the mrs after giving 15 years of service to his club.

Teddy was a good old fashioned poaching but no one felt sorry for us when RTS went to the warriors. It is just the business of professional sports.

some11

Referee
This is going to be much better then last year. Last years Grand Final was the most boring grand final I’ve seen. At least these 2 teams deserve to be there.
Cowboys definitely deserved to be there, the most gutsy finals campaign I can remember.

However it wasn't really a contest as you say.

some11

Referee
Mind games with cronk have begun. A 'severe' injury yet they give no grading.

He will play.
He might play but he'll be a liability.

Melbourne won't be as dumb as NSW were when Thurston's shoulder was f**ked.

I think it’s the DUMBEST half of football New South Wales have played! They had ALL the running, their game plan was PERFECT……..Johnathan Thurston – his performance tonight was so courageous. I, I guarantee ya he will be headed for an operation in the next couple of days. His SHOULDER is STUFFED. THERES YA GAME PLAN….You just GO AT HIM ALL NIGHT. You go at HIM and then it puts pressure on the defenders either side. They didn’t go to him ONCE in the second half. I couldn’t believe what I was watching!.....I just could not believe it…. You gotta player out there Who can NOT pick his ARM up - off the ground And they didn’t target him – his side of the field or go at the defenders either side. If he’s buggered the defenders either side [hands flail] ar so nervous, then you manipulate th-the-that side of the, the holes inside and outside him THEY-DIDN’T-GO-THERE-ONCE-I-DON’T-KNOW-WHAT-THEY-WERE-DOING! I just couldn’t believe what I was watching. They HAD ALL THE RUNNING and they invited Queensland back in, they stopped playing, THEN they went back to this [clueless] out tha back rubbish block plays and they jist were no threat. We’ve got JT here whos shoulder was absolutely buggered HOW THEY DIDN’T IDENTIFY THAT, that’s where it happened, you can see him there he cannot pick his right shoulda up. THERES YA GAME PLAN, YA JUST GO AT HIM THE WHOLE GAME

jjxO7DS.gif

Valheru

Coach

Maybe.

Depends on what the true severity of the injury is and if it responds to ice therapy and injections well.

Life's Good

Coach

jjxO7DS.gif
Good call.
Let’s not forget the Roosters running AWAY from Webcke in the 2000 GF despite the broken/fractured?? arm.

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
Incredibly several posts have already had to be deleted in this thread.

Allegations of corruption, salary cap breaches etc without basis in fact will be removed on site and you risk suspension.

Consider yourselves warned.

I had a whole bunch of material ready too. Good luck to the grand finalists and embrace the barrage of hate that will come from all the jealous losers like myself.

I always like to think of the Grand Final as a celebration for all the teams for the entire season with the best of us showcasing the game.

I think this will be as one sided as last year's grand final and the Storm will be the 1st side in over 2 decades to win back to back premierships much to the delight of their fans who are at a time where they are truly blessed with a very good rugby league side who are very well coached.

Let's hope it is a great spectacle and a high quality game which will appease the unhappy neutrals like myself.