What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ball Tampering

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Timbo

Staff member
What the f**k is with these gumbies Wade and Henriques being Mr. Quotable during this whole process?

Neither of you are ever likely to be relevant again so just f**k off.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Don't like this, but what do you expect from the scum at nien:

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...d/news-story/8b2dd859c153950355aa04c4460b4fbe

DAVE Warner is keeping himself busy as he serves his ban from representing Australia after landing a commentary gig for the forthcoming ODI series against England.

The banned Test opener – who last week confirmed he will return to the field in Canada later this month – is set to join Channel Nine in London as Australia clashes with England in Cardiff.

That fixture is the second of a five ODI and one T20 tour which gets underway at the Oval this week.

“Dave is the best one-day and T20 batsman of the past decade so he’s perfectly placed to join our coverage for the UK series,” Nine’s director of sport Tom Malone said.

“People have tried to paint Dave as the villain in all this, but he’s been hurting as much as the others.

“We’ve had a professional relationship with Dave for five years now we’ve always found him to be a pretty normal and humble bloke. He just wants to atone for his mistakes and move on - I hope Australia gives all of them that chance.”

Warner was slapped with a 12-month ban for his involvement in the ball tampering scandal that rocked Australian cricket earlier this year.

He and Steve Smith – who was also banned – will both contest the Global T20 Canada league which starts on June 28.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont see why it shouldn't be business as usual, I'm sure Warner has been sledging and being sledged all his cricket life.

Mr Spock!

Referee
ah yes, great to see the two best bats in the world in grad cricket while we field a team worse than the 78 /79 Ashes team.

But that's what fans want.....

Meth

Staff member
Just a bit of light hearted banter. To be honest, I get how this century would have been cathartic for Warner and appreciate how it would have been the cause of greater exuberance than others he has scored at an international level.

Meth

Staff member
ah yes, great to see the two best bats in the world in grad cricket while we field a team worse than the 78 /79 Ashes team.

But that's what fans want.....

A year on and I still don't understand how Australia was suddenly overcome with moral outrage by the incident.

Bazal

Post Whore
Just a bit of light hearted banter. To be honest, I get how this century would have been cathartic for Warner and appreciate how it would have been the cause of greater exuberance than others he has scored at an international level.

Yeah. I mean it's definitely a bit funny and a bit douchey, but it's clearly also emotion. And probably playing up a bit for whatever crowd came along to watch him too

Bazal

Post Whore
A year on and I still don't understand how Australia was suddenly overcome with moral outrage by the incident.

I've never agreed with the year long ban. That said, I'm also not upset that we've taken a stronger stance than other nations. And tbh it seems that Warner might be the kind of player who does more harm than good to a team, the more you hear about the whole thing.

I mean, I don't reckon a bit of ball tampering is a hugely serious crime given the substances you can easily get away with rubbing into a cricket ball. But the fact that Warner has f**ked himself out of an international career seems entirely to our benefit in the long run. Plus, all banter with other kiwis aside, the bloke isn't exactly a world beater

Meth

Staff member
I've never agreed with the year long ban. That said, I'm also not upset that we've taken a stronger stance than other nations. And tbh it seems that Warner might be the kind of player who does more harm than good to a team, the more you hear about the whole thing.

I mean, I don't reckon a bit of ball tampering is a hugely serious crime given the substances you can easily get away with rubbing into a cricket ball. But the fact that Warner has f**ked himself out of an international career seems entirely to our benefit in the long run. Plus, all banter with other kiwis aside, the bloke isn't exactly a world beater

Taking Warner out of it, because I do agree that he (unlike Smith) seems to be the sort of guy that wouldn't be a big loss to the team for the sake of culture etc...

What is confusing to me is how Australia, who for so long have encouraged a hard nosed/'mental disintegration' approach to their cricket, all of a sudden were confronted with this incident and were shocked/alarmed/over-reactive.

Personally, I can see that happening in NZ, because of the image we put forward. But I don't get how anybody who has been following Australian cricket for years would be shocked that these blokes would push the boundaries to try to get an advantage to win.

By the way, that's a compliment- not a sledge.

Bazal

Post Whore
Taking Warner out of it, because I do agree that he (unlike Smith) seems to be the sort of guy that wouldn't be a big loss to the team for the sake of culture etc...

What is confusing to me is how Australia, who for so long have encouraged a hard nosed/'mental disintegration' approach to their cricket, all of a sudden were confronted with this incident and were shocked/alarmed/over-reactive.

Personally, I can see that happening in NZ, because of the image we put forward. But I don't get how anybody who has been following Australian cricket for years would be shocked that these blokes would push the boundaries to try to get an advantage to win.

By the way, that's a compliment- not a sledge.

I think because, contrary to what a lot of people like to suggest, "mental disintegration" is a bit of a dramatic overstatement.

Yeah guys like Hayden and Warner have taken it too far in the past, but in general it's more about working out how to get under a players skin. There have been some cases where that meant joking and laughing with a bloke who was up for a fight...

Ball tampering is cheating. Mild cheating, really, but not really something most Aussie fans are on board with

Latest posts