What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Woody

Juniors
What the hell Ivan was doing there knowing full well his presence would be leaked to the media. ...his son is over 18..old enough to shave, vote and go to war. Doesnt he have a fkn manager to be there and look after him?
Of course the other possibility is that Ivan just doesnt trust Gould or the manager one little bit and wanted to hear everything for himself .....one can live in hope

i just think the Cleary family is just a clingy sooky family....
Imagine them at a family funeral...They would be crying for a month.
He wants to see whats on offer for his son...
He must have hated seeing 4 chins,4 bags under the eyes Gussets there.

Looks like IC and Pascoe dont speak anymore....very sad..
Ivan has lost lots of integrity NRL wide...

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Just as some wear layers of gold chains around their neck to display their wealth Guss comes out with this kind of nonsense to just show that he can. Sure as anything the day will come soon when the panthers grow tired of having a bloated ego reality tv star as their figurehead and identity.

Now he cant.
His heads too big to fit any sort of gold around his fat melon.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
After an early knock on Momirovski was solid and was there for the match sealing try. The experience will be great for him. Looks like our starting left center next year.

Matterson only played 27 mins however was great during his stint. Was on during the period in the second half when the Rabbits were smashing the Roosters line and he pulled off some great tackles.

Think both guys will be great for us next year.

To purchase players from other successful clubs we need to select players who are definitely NRL standard,but cant get a gig with their clubs..(rorters,Penrith,Storm etc for example.)
We NEED to stop buying rejects like...McQueen,Rochow,Gotitnot,MWZ and Eisensloth
These 2 rorter signings are both good ones...And should slot straight into the 13 without trouble...

Momirovski was great in defence...reads the play well,and doesnt run up out of the line like Grace Jones did...Lanky tall kid,but we didnt get to see much of his attack,he was tackled every time he got the ball.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
There's plenty of articles by Buzz and the boys if you're more comfortable with your heads up your arses.
Ooh big evil Gus. lol.

Yeah gussets is scary..lol
"Couldnt knock the skin off a nice pudding" when he played was a sentence Tommy Terrific told me a few years back.at a Wests Magpies function.
Gussets reminds me of a fat garden gnome...Push it with one finger and it falls over ,and cannot get back up again.

Blues Riff

Bench
Yeah gussets is scary..lol
"Couldnt knock the skin off a nice pudding" when he played was a sentence Tommy Terrific told me a few years back.at a Wests Magpies function.
Gussets reminds me of a fat garden gnome...Push it with one finger and it falls over ,and cannot get back up again.
Nevertheless, he appears to have had minimal involvement in the Ivan scandal. Looks to me like they've (Ivan and his mate) deliberately gone behind his back. Wouldn't surprise me to see him phased out over the next 2 years and Ivan take over his position, especially if Ciro does well. This was always his long term goal before he got .....(re)tired.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Nevertheless, he appears to have had minimal involvement in the Ivan scandal. Looks to me like they've (Ivan and his mate) deliberately gone behind his back. Wouldn't surprise me to see him phased out over the next 2 years and Ivan take over his position, especially if Ciro does well. This was always his long term goal before he got .....(re)tired.

Not a bad thought rinser.
There are 7 coaches off contract after 2019.
Tigers should release him then if we get player compensation.
The new coach would be the one to negotiate who he wants at Concord.
Pascoe use to be his mate,not now though.
They didnt even speak to each other at Tigers presentation night...

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I think you're probably on the money here. Gus will then probably concentrate of junior development and pathways (a great passion of his).

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I think you're probably on the money here. Gus will then probably concentrate of junior development and pathways (a great passion of his).

Out of sight out of mind hopefully..lol
Get his ugly mutt off tv as well,and take that useless Paddles Hadley with him....
Its amazing how some fat media pricks think they are intimidating....
Seriously,who hires these dregs?

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Out of sight out of mind hopefully..lol
Get his ugly mutt off tv as well,and take that useless Paddles Hadley with him....
Its amazing how some fat media pricks think they are intimidating....
Seriously,who hires these dregs?

Probably because of his football knowledge. His couple of trophys as a coach. Most series wins as a NSW coach. So no real reason to have Gus giving his opinion on the game at all.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Probably because of his football knowledge. His couple of trophys as a coach. Most series wins as a NSW coach. So no real reason to have Gus giving his opinion on the game at all.

He was a fairly ordinary footballer though.....
He thinks he has some god given right to think hes never wrong....
i have never heard him say "in my opinion".
Its always Gussets 4 chins way or NO way..
More people hate him than like him...And Alice,before you say anything,its not because hes successful.

Woluld have thought Ivan had more sense than to go back and be bossed around by the fat garden gnome

Andrew Moore was saying on ABC radio this afternoon when talking about NC’s contract, why would IC go back to Penrith. Matt Elliott and he spoke about how Gould said he sacked IC because he was tired. Matt or Andrew, not sure which one said it but one said it was demeaning. If IC went back to Penrith with Gould still there, well the guys a fool.

Pilot house

Juniors
NRL Coaches never expect a job for life. As soon as they sign, they know it is going to end badly, it is just a question of when.

The only exceptions might be Bellamy, Robinson and maybe Bennett (for most of his illustrious career anyway). Flanagan can’t be too far off and seibs is about to hold the bunnies to ransom. He did ok with Maguires and richos selections I guess.

I think in Ic’s mind he wants to coach his kid even if it means an expedited end to his nrl coaching career.

The problem for the tigers is that you can’t plan properly with the uncertainty. You have to expect him to go. Even Barrett could be in the mix. He’d go much better with more consistent players.

Maybe only Bellyache and Robinson can plan properly.

Robinson has called for a coaches union to stop the rot, ironic given his own tenure is more than secured. It’s a fair gesture, but clubland is brutal, as you guys know only too well.

Anarchy out there!

Blues Riff

Bench
Andrew Moore was saying on ABC radio this afternoon when talking about NC’s contract, why would IC go back to Penrith. Matt Elliott and he spoke about how Gould said he sacked IC because he was tired. Matt or Andrew, not sure which one said it but one said it was demeaning. If IC went back to Penrith with Gould still there, well the guys a fool.
Why then, have Cleary's wife and son maintained close ties to the club?
Everyone and their dog gets offended on Ivan's behalf without knowing the details. Clearys attitude and behaviour at the time apparently were a concern for the club and his family were quite aware of the issues. "Tired" was a nice way to put it.
He could be now looking for a chance of redemption at Penrith. The whole Gould/Cleary feud is a convenient myth.

Can we f**king forget player compensation? What half decent player is going to want to leave Penrith to come here, especially if Ivan does bail and we have not confirmed a respectable replacement?

Tiger05

First Grade
Can we f**king forget player compensation? What half decent player is going to want to leave Penrith to come here, especially if Ivan does bail and we have not confirmed a respectable replacement?

We can forget about this under two assumptions:-

1. We don't want to improve on the park.
2. We make Ivan stay until it suits us to let him go. I reckon he can stay until his contract ends.

Personally I think we should try for player compensation. It's the only possible option to improve the team and we have a bargaining chip in our favour that we should use.

Latest posts