What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

big hit!

Bench
Are Souths finally going to f**k off back to Moore Park once it's rebuilt?

ideally, it's where we belong. the moore park broncos are a team in the souths district comp FFS!

but I'd bet on ANZ stadium mgmt throwing a truckload and SOuths and Canterbury to keep them playing home games there, otherwise it'll be a white elephant.

as reported, wests are already moving their allocation in 2019 to WSS which is a no brainer. other than Parra, they logically fit in with the region. Canterbury should move in there too. it would feel sacrilegious for a club like Canterbury to share a ground with Parra and even Wests (a club they practically run out of the inner west areas from Ashfield to Lidcombe with all the bulldogs success in 70s/80s/90s) but they have great support in areas south of parramatta rd/ great western highway all the way out to liverpool so playing at a venue in parra isn't a big leap in game day travel for their supporter base.

ideally, it's where we belong. the moore park broncos are a team in the souths district comp FFS!

but I'd bet on ANZ stadium mgmt throwing a truckload and SOuths and Canterbury to keep them playing home games there, otherwise it'll be a white elephant.

as reported, wests are already moving their allocation in 2019 to WSS which is a no brainer. other than Parra, they logically fit in with the region. Canterbury should move in there too. it would feel sacrilegious for a club like Canterbury to share a ground with Parra and even Wests (a club they practically run out of the inner west areas from Ashfield to Lidcombe with all the bulldogs success in 70s/80s/90s) but they have great support in areas south of parramatta rd/ great western highway all the way out to liverpool so playing at a venue in parra isn't a big leap in game day travel for their supporter base.

Pretty sure the money from ANZ is over once the current contracts end, I think Wests Tigers confirmed this. Venues NSW control both WSS & ANZ, they’re keen on the smaller games going to WSS. Presumably it’ll be cheaper to run.

big hit!

Bench
Pretty sure the money from ANZ is over once the current contracts end, I think Wests Tigers confirmed this. Venues NSW control both WSS & ANZ, they’re keen on the smaller games going to WSS. Presumably it’ll be cheaper to run.

great!

then f**k us off back to Moore Park then once it's built. it's not healthy for 4 or 5 clubs to be playing out of Parramatta & Olympic Park. NRL need to show that elite rugby league can be accessible metro-wide, and the main CBD stadium should have a match every week.

great!

then f**k us off back to Moore Park then once it's built. it's not healthy for 4 or 5 clubs to be playing out of Parramatta & Olympic Park. NRL need to show that elite rugby league can be accessible metro-wide, and the main CBD stadium should have a match every week.

Yeah, agreed. Would be in the best interest of Rugby League for Souths to play out of the new Allianz, much better geographical balance.

siv

First Grade
Hopefully the Roosters are pushing hard for the club mode option, would really improve the atmosphere at their games.

So frustrating the hold the SCG trust have over this situation. Having a gold members section was originally a way of helping to fund the stadium, but that funding isn’t needed anymore. The membership model of the stadium really hurts the tenants.

Got to love how 2000 SCG members were locked out if SFS members area at 7:30 when the SFS refused entry to the members area for those that had a members tickets saying it was full

Got to love how 2000 SCG members were locked out if SFS members area at 7:30 when the SFS refused entry to the members area for those that had a members tickets saying it was full

Yeah I heard they had to give out free beer to placate the crowd.

The gold membership guarantees entree, but obviously a huge crowd turned up for the final game. It’s a crazy system.

At least at ANZ the members need to book seats, and then if they aren’t used they can be sold to the public.

Another thing that would concern me about the rebuild is if they make the members section even larger and don’t change the ticketing system. I could see them selling more memberships off the back of improved facilities.

Suitman

Post Whore

The gold membership guarantees entree, but obviously a huge crowd turned up for the final game. It’s a crazy system.

You would have thought that with the expected sell out, they would have emailed members and asked them to book seats, just like you say, ANZ does.
Geez we are so dumb in this country sometimes.
Anyway, suck shit to those that missed out. Stupid f**kers.

horrie hastings

First Grade

At least at ANZ the members need to book seats, and then if they aren’t used they can be sold to the public.

Another thing that would concern me about the rebuild is if they make the members section even larger and don’t change the ticketing system. I could see them selling more memberships off the back of improved facilities.

You could actually book seats in the members for yesterday’s match, not sure how many seats were available for that though, the people at the turnstiles were saying members who had the pre booked members seats to go to the left side and the right hand side from the entrance was for first in first served basis for other members. I was actually surprised they let the club cards in for this game, sometimes if the Swans are expected to draw a big crowd they say the member and guests card can be used but not the club cards. As for the free drinks, that wasn’t because people couldn’t get a seat, that was advertised long before that it was a thank you for all the members support over the years.

horrie hastings

First Grade
You would have thought that with the expected sell out, they would have emailed members and asked them to book seats, just like you say, ANZ does.

You could book seats for the members, not sure how many bays were available but that option had sold out by Monday, what surprised me was that they let club cards in, usually if a big crowd is expected they only let the member and the guest cards to be used and not the club cards. I went straight over after I finished work at 3pm, got there just after 3.30pm and was about 200 back in the queue but the line grew over the next hour, had no trouble getting my regular seats though.

Suitman

Post Whore
You could book seats for the members, not sure how many bays were available but that option had sold out by Monday, what surprised me was that they let club cards in, usually if a big crowd is expected they only let the member and the guest cards to be used and not the club cards. I went straight over after I finished work at 3pm, got there just after 3.30pm and was about 200 back in the queue but the line grew over the next hour, had no trouble getting my regular seats though.

Cheers. Happy to see a loyal member be rewarded the way you were and you got to see the game.
It's still a monumental f**kup though.

As I said, an email saying basic things like "Due to expected higher than usual demand for this historical event, it is recommended that all members pre-book their allocation. If the allocation for the members reserve is not exhausted by close of business on Friday, all remaining seats will be put on public sale."

You sir Horrie Hastings, in this day and age, should not have to stand in a queue 5 hrs before kick off in the hope you will get in. It is such an archaic system.

I think the membership agreement allows entry for all sports events.

You could actually book seats in the members for yesterday’s match, not sure how many seats were available for that though, the people at the turnstiles were saying members who had the pre booked members seats to go to the left side and the right hand side from the entrance was for first in first served basis for other members. I was actually surprised they let the club cards in for this game, sometimes if the Swans are expected to draw a big crowd they say the member and guests card can be used but not the club cards. As for the free drinks, that wasn’t because people couldn’t get a seat, that was advertised long before that it was a thank you for all the members support over the years.

If it’s like the SCG it’s just a few bays, where as at ANZ everyone gets an allocated seat.

siv

First Grade

What was funny was they had entry to ground but couldn't get into any bays to watch the game

horrie hastings

First Grade
If it’s like the SCG it’s just a few bays, where as at ANZ everyone gets an allocated seat.

For the Swans home games it is 3 bays in the Noble Stand, for the final against GWS it was 9 bays. I think they allocated a larger space at the SFS for the Souths final, for the normal Roosters home games it is only a tiny section but it was a bigger section reserved for last nights game but couldn’t tell how many more seats.

TheRam

Coach
We need at least 2 Brisbane teams. Queensland teams should be retaining the majority of their star players rather than them going to Melbourne.

Then Melbourne would win the spoon every year. Parra would have a genuine rival. Yeah!

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Gladys/scg trust government obviously wants to knock down Allianz asap. That seems to be happening prior to the nsw election. If Luke foley gets in could it be possible to allow the knock down happen but stop the sfs rebuild? With the fact that the proposed city stadium could be built instead? Would that be the better scenario? That would allow the Nrl to move the Gf to suncorp for a year or 2 and labor could blame Gladys for it. The Nrl would then have a city stadium, a ANZ Stadium refurbishment/redevelopment and WSS. Wouldn’t that be a better stadium plan what we currently have?

Gladys/scg trust government obviously wants to knock down Allianz asap. That seems to be happening prior to the nsw election. If Luke foley gets in could it be possible to allow the knock down happen but stop the sfs rebuild? With the fact that the proposed city stadium could be built instead? Would that be the better scenario? That would allow the Nrl to move the Gf to suncorp for a year or 2 and labor could blame Gladys for it. The Nrl would then have a city stadium, a ANZ Stadium refurbishment/redevelopment and WSS. Wouldn’t that be a better stadium plan what we currently have?

To me the city stadium only makes sense if it’s the main Sydney venue, so that’d complicate things with ANZ stadium.

The rebuild of the SFS could be stopped though, but there’d be a big payout involved.

The other factor is the city stadium build cost is likely much more than the SFS, and given labor have made this all about the money it’d be hard for them to justify. Unless they perhaps scrapped the refurb of ANZ & perhaps even knocked it down and sold it to developers. But with that scenario there’s political implications for them in western Sydney.

All of that is to say it’s very unlikely we see much of a change to the SFS development. I could also see labor scrapping the ANZ refurb.

Latest posts