What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

See ya Slater

Canard

Immortal
His arm might be there but it's not a wrapping motion, it's just there by chance, his arm is only there by the way of his running technique, that arm plays no role in the tackle what so ever

This isn't rugby union you toff

blaza88z

Coach
But the rule doesn't say anything about a wrapping motion, only that an attempt needs to be made to use a hand or arm to tackle the player.

You're right but to make it a legal tackle and not a shoulder charge you'd think his arms would have to be used in a wrapping motion

Canard

Immortal
So it's ok to knock someone senseless provided you get a glancing touch first

Yes, FYI you can knock someone into next week within the rules.

I know that a hard concept for Broncos fans who are used to the ref making up rules on the spot to protect their players

blaza88z

Coach
Yes, FYI you can knock someone into next week within the rules.

I know that a hard concept for Broncos fans who are used to the ref making up rules on the spot to protect their players

Just stick to your meltdown thing, it suits you well with your extra chromosome and all

Exsilium

First Grade
I love how his missus talks about what he’s done for the game as if that’s a defining factor.

Freddy was right, this has to be used as way to stamp dumb shit out of the game.

Although, once Smith and Slater are gone, the game should improve dramatically

Canard

Immortal
I love how his missus talks about what he’s done for the game as if that’s a defining factor.

Freddy was right, this has to be used as way to stamp dumb shit out of the game.

Although, once Smith and Slater are gone, the game should improve dramatically

Freddie has a very objective view

blaza88z

Coach
Sure, if it was a shot to the head.

That's the thing though, if he gets off because his hand makes contact with the forearm first (that hand has little to no effect on the tackle), then what's stopping someone from knocking some bloke out with a shoulder charge but getting off on the proviso that his hand glanced his torso before contact or something to that effect because as I said, that's the precedent that will be set if he gets let off

Canard

Immortal
That's the thing though, if he gets off because his hand makes contact with the forearm first (that hand has little to no effect on the tackle), then what's stopping someone from knocking some bloke out with a shoulder charge but getting off on the proviso that his hand glanced his torso before contact or something to that effect because as I said, that's the precedent that will be set if he gets let off

Once again, you can knock someone out legally in Rugby League.

Your focus on that point is essentially irrelevant to the issue at hand

bileduct

Coach
As opposed to what, setting a precedent that a tackle that isn't a shoulder charge under the current rule is actually a shoulder charge?

blaza88z

Coach
Once again, you can knock someone out legally in Rugby League.

Your focus on that point is essentially irrelevant to the issue at hand

No it isn't, the reason the shoulder charge was ruled out of the game was to prevent head injuries

blaza88z

Coach
As opposed to what, setting a precedent that a tackle that isn't a shoulder charge under the current rule is actually a shoulder charge?

Look at it in real-time, I don't care what glances what

Tell me it's not a shoulder charge, I bet you can't, if you can you must be one hell of a poker player

Canard

Immortal
No it isn't, the reason the shoulder charge was ruled out of the game was to prevent head injuries

You're saying 'what is to stop someone effecting a legal tackle and knocking someone out'?

Answer: Nothing.

You might want a Union style "wrapping motion" rule, but that's not in current rules

The_Shield

Juniors
Look at it in real-time, I don't care what glances what

Tell me it's not a shoulder charge, I bet you can't, if you can you must be one hell of a poker player
Haha, you seem to have changed your argument a little. Hmmm I wonder why

Latest posts