What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis gets put in dangerous position once again.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I have never seen any player get put into a dangerous position, above the horizontal as much as Inglis. I noticed this many years ago and tonight we have another example. I really wonder if Inglis actually plays for the penalty?

I distinctly remember Inglis being put in a dangerous position, above the horizontal twice in one match against Manly, I think it was when Toovey was their coach.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Frank Facer you are probably correct. But while no player should be put in a dangerous position, there are some players who I can't but feel deserve everything they get. Inglis is one of them. He's become a cheap shot merchant, and it's hard to have any sympathy for him.

Most ex-Storm players seem to have - ' the mark of Cain ' upon them . As you said J.J. No pity for him , cannot ever forget that tackle on a defenceless Dean Young .

Last edited:

Fire

First Grade
I have never seen any player get put into a dangerous position, above the horizontal as much as Inglis. I noticed this many years ago and tonight we have another example. I really wonder if Inglis actually plays for the penalty?

I distinctly remember Inglis being put in a dangerous position, above the horizontal twice in one match against Manly, I think it was when Toovey was their coach.

He's been jumping on his own head for years to get penalties.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Also moves off the mark when plays the ball and sooks at every play against souths.
Inglis and Dugan are both very adept at milking a penalty in the tackle or the play the ball. They also step off the mark to try and take the marker out or milk a penalty.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Most ex-Storm players seem to have - ' the mark of Cain ' upon them . As you said J.J. No pity for him , cannot ever forget that tackle on a defenceless Dean Young .

Tackle? It was a full blown, deliberate and unnecessary shoulder charge to (as you say) a defenceless Dean Young.

I haven’t had time for the grub since then.