What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Go Miami 3-0 start.
Still won't win the division though.

I must have been asleep and missed it last year when the raiders signed gruden but since when does a coach get offered 10 year deal worth 100 million. When he hasn't coached in 10 years.

hybrideel

Bench
I know you severely dislike Carr, but if he cut out those 2-3 stupid throws, he would be pretty good IMO. I wouldn't put him in my top 10 by any means, but there are a few i would definitely put below him as well. For all of last season and already in parts in this he has been let down at times by poor catching. Last year it was Cooper and Crabtree, and it looks like Cooper has not improved. 2 crucial 3rd down drops that had to be caught. I would be hesitant in targeting Cooper from now. I would be favouring Nelson, Bryant and Cook

T.S Quint

Coach
Well, the Chiefs offence looks f**king amazing!

Problem is their defence looks like garbage.
Still winning the games though, but I’d like to see them come up against a really good defensive team.

I’m very concerned about the 49ers defence. And what’s with all the f**king penalties!

hindy111

Post Whore
Well, the Chiefs offence looks f**king amazing!

Problem is their defence looks like garbage.
Still winning the games though, but I’d like to see them come up against a really good defensive team.

I’m very concerned about the 49ers defence. And what’s with all the f**king penalties!

Kansas have a habit of stasrting fast.
The roster was known to be all attack and no defense but they will try and win game shoot out style. To early to know what teams are real deal. I still think Chargers can hit form.
Rams look good but lets see them against a better side.

T.S Quint

Coach
I just watched the Rams/Vikings game.

I thought the Rams were traveling well, but wanted to see how they would go up against one of the better defensive teams in the NFL.
I've now decided that the Rams this year are f**king legit. Goff looks unstoppable, and this Cooper Kupp wideout that they signed last year looks the goods. Defence is strong. I'm expecting them to go far this year, maybe be a 12-4 team or even 13-3. Could be SB-bound on form so far.

hindy111

Post Whore
I just watched the Rams/Vikings game.

I thought the Rams were traveling well, but wanted to see how they would go up against one of the better defensive teams in the NFL.
I've now decided that the Rams this year are f**king legit. Goff looks unstoppable, and this Cooper Kupp wideout that they signed last year looks the goods. Defence is strong. I'm expecting them to go far this year, maybe be a 12-4 team or even 13-3. Could be SB-bound on form so far.

Agree.
Eagles had there fairytale. At best they get into playoffs but the top 2 seeds will be Rams and perhaps Saints or Carolina .
Green bay and Vikings are only other threat.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Derek Carr, lighting it up again, I see...

By God, he sucks...

On the plus side, the Browns are actually fun to watch.

strider

Post Whore
Im watching this redzone thing today ... its good for merkins like me with limited attention spans

hybrideel

Bench
He still made a few poor decisions. Without some wrong calls by the officials that went our way, we lose this game. And how many drops were there from both teams wideouts

Eelementary

Post Whore
He still made a few poor decisions. Without some wrong calls by the officials that went our way, we lose this game. And how many drops were there from both teams wideouts

True.

I still think he is over-rated - great arm strength, but no finesse, and no pocket IQ.

He's been that way since his Fresno days, imo.

hybrideel

Bench
So is it too early to say the Gruden experiment has failed miserably? The bloke seems like the NFL Ricky Stuart to me. Have friends in the right places in the media blowing smoke up his arse and throw every one of his players under the bus when things don't go your way.
Sure the Raiders don't have a fantastic roster, getting rid of your best player doesn't exactly help that, but they shouldn't be getting practically shut out in games.
And now there is talk of getting rid of Cooper and Carr( to the delight of Eelementary).

Eelementary

Post Whore
So is it too early to say the Gruden experiment has failed miserably? The bloke seems like the NFL Ricky Stuart to me. Have friends in the right places in the media blowing smoke up his arse and throw every one of his players under the bus when things don't go your way.
Sure the Raiders don't have a fantastic roster, getting rid of your best player doesn't exactly help that, but they shouldn't be getting practically shut out in games.
And now there is talk of getting rid of Cooper and Carr( to the delight of Eelementary).

I did not like the idea of Gruden coming back - he hasn't coached for a decade, and despite his mind for the game, it was always a massive risk.

But seeing how he has the Raiders performing thus year...

Del Rio was sacked, and his record was better...

Get rid of Gruden, Carr, and Cooper, and we will be a better team.

Latest posts